We pick 6 as of now......again lol

johnnyjet

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, JiF said:

Don’t worry, Baker Mayfield is special not becaue he has any elite talents or physical attributes but becaue he wants to win really really bad.  More than most guys do. Do you see how excited he gets when he scores?  You can’t teach that passion. And he’s edgy and edgy is in these days. 

Don't forget he plants a mean flag.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

While it would guarantee that the jets could draft a qb if they picked #2, I'm not sold on darnold, and that's assuming he even declares.  And Rosen has a nasty concussion issue already.  

Rosen/Darnold/Allen/Mayfield. While I'm highest on Darnold, there are plenty of options for the Jets at 6. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

True.  I’m not being fair he clearly has elite sideline crotch grabbing skills. 

The funny thing is that Mahomes and Mayfield have very "similar" playing styles but their differences is what will distinguish them in the NFL.  Size aside, Mahomes has the rare arm talent and ball placement to get away with that playing style in the NFL while Mayfield does not.  Ryan Fitzpatrick is a classic example of a guy who's playing style did not match his arm talent.  His arm simply could never cash the checks his mind was writing.

While it would guarantee that the jets could draft a qb if they picked #2, I'm not sold on darnold, and that's assuming he even declares.  And Rosen has a nasty concussion issue already.  
It would be a little ironic if he does declare and falls to the Jets(assuming there is no trade up by another team). Could be an interesting first 6 picks...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Rosen/Darnold/Allen/Mayfield. While I'm highest on Darnold, there are plenty of options for the Jets at 6. 

There are.  And that's before FA when the broncos could go after cousins.  

I have way more confidence that there will be at least 1 viable qb option at 6, than i have faith that mccagnan has the balls to draft him.  If darnold and Rosen go 1 and 2, and if the broncos take Allen and either the colts or browns take Barkley, then there's only 1 other guy drafted before the jets pick.  Mccagnan will have a real hard time not drafting the 4-3 DE to replace mo.  

4 minutes ago, legler82 said:

The funny thing is that Mahomes and Mayfield have very "similar" playing styles but their differences is what will distinguish them in the NFL.  Size aside, Mahomes has the rare arm talent and ball placement to get away with that playing style in the NFL while Mayfield does not.  Ryan Fitzpatrick is a classic example of a guy who's playing style did not match his arm talent.  His arm simply could never cash the checks his mind was writing.

Well said and it’s my biggest fear with Mayfield.  He’s going to try and be a gun slinger with an average arm and he won’t be throwing to wide open WRs. 

34 minutes ago, JiF said:

Don’t worry, Baker Mayfield is special not becaue he has any elite talents or physical attributes but becaue he wants to win really really bad.  More than most guys do. Do you see how excited he gets when he scores?  You can’t teach that passion. And he’s edgy and edgy is in these days. 

So he’s Tim Tebow 2.0?

There’s going to be a couple players that will fly up boards once the combine begins. Some team will reach for that player and hopefully the right guy falls to us. 

BUT, if the Jets see a QB they think highly of, there is no excuse to not get him. Trade up, we have plenty of draft picks. Get your guy!!! This GM-Coach combo has yet to pursue a franchise QB. No more journeyman. 

Just now, BurnleyJet said:

No JIF's had a bad year, Mayfield is what this franchise needs.

I’ve had a great year.  Mayfield is a much better NFL talent becaue he actually knows how to throw a Football but he is not near the athlete of Timmy.

Did you know Tebow is the most efficient QB in the history of the SEC?

9 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I have way more confidence that there will be at least 1 viable qb option at 6, than i have faith that mccagnan has the balls to draft him.  If darnold and Rosen go 1 and 2, and if the broncos take Allen and either the colts or browns take Barkley, then there's only 1 other guy drafted before the jets pick.  Mccagnan will have a real hard time not drafting the 4-3 DE to replace mo.  

I don’t buy that. Macc and Bowles would have to be the biggest dickbrains on the planet not to realize that they have to do whatever it takes to secure their QB this offseason.

They’re essentially both on 1 year “prove it” deals.

The Jets will either throw the bank at Cousins or draft one of the top QB’s within the Top 6.

They really have no other choice.

9 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

If 4 guys emerge as top 10 picks and you throw in Cousins, it would be nearly impossible for us to not end up with one of Darnold/Rosen/Allen/Mayfield/Cousins. If we take Arden Key/Chubb, it's likely because we already signed Cousins. 

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

Well said and it’s my biggest fear with Mayfield.  He’s going to try and be a gun slinger with an average arm and he won’t be throwing to wide open WRs. 

He also comes off as being way too overly emotional. 

One moment he’s grabbing his dick and talking sh*t to the opposing team...and then the next day he’s breaking down in tears in a press conference apologizing over it.

I don’t want some emotional cripple as the QB of my team.

Mayfield definitely has some positive traits but people acting like he’s some kind of lock to go in the Top 10, much less Top 5, are kidding themselves IMO.

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

If 4 guys emerge as top 10 picks and you throw in Cousins, it would be nearly impossible for us to not end up with one of Darnold/Rosen/Allen/Mayfield/Cousins. If we take Arden Key/Chubb, it's likely because we already signed Cousins. 

A big reason mccagnan is still the gm is b/c he hasn't screwed up the first round picks, and he finally ended the 2nd round hex.  I am reluctantly bracing for him to draft a pass rusher in the first, after spending money on the o-line in FA.  Then he can use one of his 2nd round picks on a useless qb to 'prove' to the fan base that he is still trying to find a long term solution to the position.  In the meantime, he'll draft the best defensive player who falls to them b/c the smarter teams are taking qbs.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

A big reason mccagnan is still the gm is b/c he hasn't screwed up the first round picks, and he finally ended the 2nd round hex.  I am reluctantly bracing for him to draft a pass rusher in the first, after spending money on the o-line in FA.  Then he can use one of his 2nd round picks on a useless qb to 'prove' to the fan base that he is still trying to find a long term solution to the position.  In the meantime, he'll draft the best defensive player who falls to them b/c the smarter teams are taking qbs.

Agreed. I am hoping Macc isn't a dope and won't "settle" on a QB and instead is aggressive in finding us a franchise QB. I would think the Hack/Petty mistakes would scare him off from going that route this time around. It was fine taking Petty in the 4th. And the Hack pick was a gamble, that failed. He should know  that he doesn't have the equity to go that route again. At some point you need to identify a player and go get him....even if you have to overpay. 

Archived