Kick ASJ to the curb and put Enunwa back at TE

Patriot Killa

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Eric Decker is a JAG but so are D.Smith,J.Marshall,C.Hansen,C.Peake,A.Stewart. 

Maybe, but at least they’re young JAG’s.

Aside from Cousins, the Jets shouldn’t be looking to sign any player over the age of 27/28 unless it’s someone dirt cheap for depth purposes.

3 hours ago, Butterfield said:

Lol.  Watkins is getting the franchise tag.  And Enunwa may never play another down.

Yeah, I was wondering why there is such confidence that Enunwa can ever play the game again. His  injury is frightening and could easily lead to paralysis if he suffers another neck injury. I don't care about ASJ one way or the other, although he does have pretty good hands for a big body. Just slow and lacks any acceleration at all.

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Jarvis Landry isn't a#1?

His size suggests to a lot of people on this board that he is not. Even though he has played #1 WR and drew the best cornerback his entire career..hauling in the most catches in a two year span in NFL history. I get what guys are saying against him though...I think he’s a absolute beast playmaker though.

13 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Instant playoff team. A team that would come in and really challenge the Patriots in a day and age where Tom Brady is only typical Brady some weeks. and the team can be beaten more often than it use to be able to be beat.

No it wouldn't t - Todd Bowles will still be the HC

18 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

They were both good.  Bortles is horrible.  Derek Anderson and everyone else Edwards played with blew, too.  They both looked good whenever they had competent QB play.

If by good you mean overrated and overvalued due to one loud season, then agreed. Otherwise then we agree to disagree. I think they’re both bit players who got elevated status due to their size and the one time they blew up.*

*That said, I’d be into any FA at the right price this offseason, Robinson’s more likely to negatively impact the Jets’ ability to get a better and more sure player

28 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

no, he wasn't.  Not when the roster was at full strength in 2015, at least.  He was the H-back/tight end hybrid and Decker played the slot.

They were figuring him out in 2015, considering he hadn't really played in 2014.  The slot is his best position and that's how they planned on moving forward with him and with Decker and Marshall on the outside.

EDIT: the guy he beat out (Kerley) was the slot receiver.

On 1/12/2018 at 3:02 PM, Patriot Killa said:

He will be a LB/S nightmare match up. He has the power and blocking ability to block and seal off edges. He shows tremendous ability on crossing patterns and his 4.4 speed will dust anyone over the middle. He has a very rare mixture of speed/power/blocking ability/soft hands ..to me he is the perfect choice. He is only a few pounds lighter than Jordan Reed(TE from WASH) he has plenty of size to succeed at the position. I feel like this would b a great in house move. You save money not having to sign ASJ and you slap a tender on Enunwa and see how it works out on 2018.

ugh - complete opposite please! 

11 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I'd take ASJ over Enunwa every time... but probably doesn't mean much coming from me. 

What’s you’re reasoning for this? I’m quite curious. IMO it’s enunwa every day over asj. He’s barely shown anything. 

4 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

What’s you’re reasoning for this? I’m quite curious. IMO it’s enunwa every day over asj. He’s barely shown anything. 

well, bias aside (tough to even say that)... ASJ was the first real TE we've had in a decade. People want to nitpick his week to week performance, i think that would be a mistake. When this engine gets humming along (and it will) ASJ will shine... 

Enunwa is average. We only make a big deal out of him because of how ridiculously sh*tty our draft stock was and he was our "saving grace" to say it wasn't all a waste. He was pretty bad the whole sauf 1 year when he came on strong, mostly on YAC.. now he broke his neck and has 1 productive year out of 4 to his name. 

Meh. 

I'd rather have someone else take 1/5 WR spots. 

1. FA splash WR 
  2. Anderson
  3. Kearse - slot
  4. Stewart
  5. Rookie 
  6. (IF we keep 6)... ST'er like hansen.

That's how I see it anyway

29 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Why? Because he’s tall? In the sense that he was a half step up from Kellen Davis? 

eh... i feel like you know the answer and you're baiting me into typing more than i have time to type. You don't like ASJ, thats cool. His inconsistent season turned you off, that's cool... Why is he more talented? Faaaack. Gimme a break pal.

25 minutes ago, Paradis said:

eh... i feel like you know the answer and you're baiting me into typing more than i have time to type. You don't like ASJ, thats cool. His inconsistent season turned you off, that's cool... Why is he more talented? Faaaack. Gimme a break pal.

I actually just don’t know the answer. He looks the part? 

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

3 TD’s this year. The Amaro comparison was eye opening 

Archived