*****NFL Playoff Weekend Game Thread January 13-14,2018

joewilly12

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Whining? I’m just stating the obvious. Pats have zero challenge against any of the remaining teams because they have the best QB left. Period. Point blank. Truth. 

Was Bortles better than Big Ben?

was Case better than Brees?

Yeah, don’t root for a Pats title just yet. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Yeah, that is all on Mac....Oh by the way, all 29 other NFL teams missed him for seven rounds, not just Mac.  Do they all suck as well?

I learned to ignore those idiotic posts. Eveytime a player on another team makes play, its someone Mac missed.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

When I saw the Viking score the TD and knew that it was going to be Brady vs Keenum, I just stared off into the distance and pondered the value of being alive. Similar to when we picked Hackenberg.

Being a Jets fan is like a Dawes song. You can stare out into the abyss, but it’s staring right back. 

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

lol, this thread...  all you could ask for.... give me your tired, your poor, your insecure, passive/aggressive, manic and demented

And your posters whose only niche is commenting on other posters. 

Dont forget them.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Marcus Williams  making big plays in playoff games.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

My bad. It’s the safety the Saints drafted in the second round who had 4 INTs, 7 PDs, and is orders of magnitude better than Jamal Adams.

tumblr_nstxt4kB4q1rf112no1_500.gif

Well boy, he made a play all right.

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

When I saw the Viking score the TD and knew that it was going to be Brady vs Keenum, I just stared off into the distance and pondered the value of being alive. Similar to when we picked Hackenberg.

Spoken like a man who binge watches Dawson’s Creek one every 9 1/2 months.

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

By the way, the CB ducked because he was there too early he’d have been PI if he hit him when he arrived. May also have thought it was sailing high, also a penalty risk if he hit an unprotected WR.

That play is what the modern NFL rules have created.

And post game heads just agreed with me.

Jimmy Johnson just had a great explanation. The dude was terrified of interfering with Diggs and giving them the easy field goal.

What he should have done was run up but stop short and then tackle him inbounds to end the game

Instead he kept running. He was overaggressive in charging the WR

Jimmy Johnson just had a great explanation. The dude was terrified of interfering with Diggs and giving them the easy field goal.

I think 'Fish pretty much nailed it.  The two DBs were so afraid of a flag that they did everything possible to avoid it, busting the play wide open.

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

By the way, the CB ducked because he was there too early he’d have been PI if he hit him when he arrived. May also have thought it was sailing high, also a penalty risk if he hit an unprotected WR.

Missed this. Great post. I’m coming in from the ledge.

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Exactly. It was a bad play by 43, but I hope people take this into consideration before completely roasting him.

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

What he should have done was run up but stop short and then tackle him inbounds to end the game

Instead he kept running. He was overaggressive in charging the WR

Easy to say, not as easy to do at full NFL speed.

It was indeed a bad play....but the rules as called are more to blame. 

Archived