Josh McCown on NFLN now

Patriot Killa

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

they asked him taking your name out of the FA class who is the FA QB you would sign”

he answered Alex Smith.

Interesting he would say Alex Smith considering he isn't a FA. Makes you wonder if there some scuttlebug on the inside that everyone knows what's coming.

1 minute ago, The Walrus said:

Interesting he would say Alex Smith considering he isn't a FA. Makes you wonder if there some scuttlebug on the inside that everyone knows what's coming.

Exactly ..they could be getting ready to just cut their losses..which is weird because he just had the season of his life albeit 34 years old.

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Exactly ..they could be getting ready to just cut their losses..which is weird because he just had the season of his life albeit 34 years old.

Looking at Smiths numbers and the record of the last 5 years in KC, you would wonder why anyone would cut him. But KC's inability to win in playoffs is the problem and as the QB he's considered a major part of it, regardless of reality.

I have no idea if say a team like the Jags can afford him but with everything that team has and has become a win now team he might be enough to send them over the top on a 3 year deal.

12 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

That’s what happens when the next great NFL QB is waiting behind you ✌️ 

33 minutes ago, The Walrus said:

I don’t think Josh McCown has any inside info on Jets offseason plans. He could just as believably be a union guy picking the oldest player in line for the highest acquisition cost (trade and contract)....

30 minutes ago, The Walrus said:

I wouldn’t trade lower then a 4th for him. With cousins, Bradford, and others available on FA, it’s not worth to trade a good pick for him

3 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

I don’t think Josh McCown has any inside info on Jets offseason plans. He could just as believably be a union guy picking the oldest player in line for the highest salary....

This very well could be it too. He mentioned Kirk Cousins has done some great things in Washington but wouldn’t pick him...hmm

31 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Dammit. Was hoping he'd wanna retire. But I guess it's good since maybe this will stop them from looking at another veteran QB. Just roll with McCown and draft or Cousins. 

I hope we bring him back too. Great guy. Won’t have another career year. We’ll probably go 2-14 under him and get the HC and GM fired. Good news. 

https://articles.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2018/01/josh_mccown_wants_to_return_to_jets_looking_like_h.amp

Josh McCown wants to return to Jets, 'looking like' he'll play in 2018

Josh McCown enjoyed a career season with the Jetsin 2017, despite turning 38 two months before it began. He rallied a young, inexperienced group of players, and led them to a not-awful 5-11 mark.

And the free-agent-to-be hopes it's just the beginning of his time in New York. Appearing on NFL Network 's Total Access, McCown said he'd like to return to the Jets, and signs point towards him playing in 2018.

"Right now, that's how it's looking," McCown said when asked if he 100 percent wants to play. "At this time of the year, I go through those conversations with my family, talk with them through that, pray through that.

"But where we're at right now, I feel like I want to play ... I'm looking forward to the next few months, seeing what happens, and I'll be ready to go."

McCown played 13 games for the Jets last season, and set career-highs in completion percentage (67.3), passing yards (2,926), passing touchdowns (18) and rushing touchdowns (5). He had a quarterback rating of 94.5, and threw just nine interceptions.

More impressive than his individual accolades was the standard McCown helped get his teammates to play. There was preseason talk the Jets were tanking, and would win just one, maybe two games. Not only did the Jets win five, they lost just two with McCown under center by double-digit points.

"I think there was just a bar we set for ourselves, and a standard back in April, of things we wanted to accomplish," McCown said. "So we did some good things, we were pleased with that, but as much as maybe the expectations were from the outside, I think as players we would say we underachieved, and we could have been better.

"It was still a fun season. We still did some good things. Hopefully, we can build on those things."

McCown's season came to an abrupt halt against the Broncos in Week 14. He broke his left hand on a third-quarter hit. He got surgery days later, and the Jets placed him on injured reserve. McCown served as a player-coach the rest of the season.

McCown had a black wrap around his hand on NFL Network, but said the injury is "healing up," and he's just a "few weeks away" from being 100 percent.

General manager Mike Maccagnan , acting ownerChristopher Johnson and coach Todd Bowles have all said they'd like McCown back with the Jets next year, which makes sense. Not only does New York have the cap space to get a deal done, but McCown would be the perfect mentor to a potential rookie, like Wyoming's Josh Allen, UCLA's Josh Rossen or USC's Sam Darnold.

But it's not that simple for the Jets. There could be better options on the open market.

Foles isn't Jets answer at quarterback

If the Chiefs can't trade Alex Smith, they could release him. Kirk Cousins' contract with the Redskins is set to expire. The Vikings won't retain Teddy Bridgewater, Case Keenum and Sam Bradford, so one or two of the three will hit free agency.

Instead of re-signing McCown, the Jets could sign someone else.

"I enjoyed my season there this year," McCown said. "More than anything just the people in the organization. It's a special place from the ownership down. I enjoyed my time with Coach (Todd) Bowles.

"A lot of decisions have to be made within the next few months, but I loved being there, and we'll see how it plays out."

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Hopefully they post the article. I’m catching the middle of it right now.

basically saying he wants to play next year.

giving Nick Foles advice for playing NE

they asked him taking your name out of the FA class who is the FA QB you would sign”

he answered Alex Smith.

Has he ever beat NE in his career?

Why are we looking at and considering the opinion of a HISTORICALLY LOSING QB!!

The Jets had a LOSING RECORD WITH HIM and DIDN'T MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!!

What winning NFL organization has ever looked to a LOSING QBs for direction and stability?????????????

NO ONE!!!

The Jets are NUTS!!!

Good Grief!!!!

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I wouldn’t trade lower then a 4th for him. With cousins, Bradford, and others available on FA, it’s not worth to trade a good pick for him

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a QB like Alex Smith lose more games after being up by 21 or more points. No thanks. 

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Hopefully they post the article. I’m catching the middle of it right now.

basically saying he wants to play next year.

giving Nick Foles advice for playing NE

he answered Alex Smith.

I really don’t care if he returns. Won’t matter either way. If the Jets don’t get a top prospect or a top FA QB, I won’t be watching them this coming season. I’ve seen every game, EVERY GAME, since 1966. The End.

Archived