Josh McCown on NFLN now

Patriot Killa

3 hours ago, shuler82 said:

Considering Bowles will be bringing McCown back and wanting defense with the first 3 draft picks, get ready for a depth chart of

1) McCown

2) 3rd round QB

3) Hackenberg

Unless Bates gets his way and brings in Cutler.

Cutler, I'd sooner have option A.

5 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Why are we looking at and considering the opinion of a HISTORICALLY LOSING QB!!

The Jets had a LOSING RECORD WITH HIM and DIDN'T MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!!

What winning NFL organization has ever looked to a LOSING QBs for direction and stability?????????????

NO ONE!!!

The Jets are NUTS!!!

Good Grief!!!!

Todd Bowles, and leader of men, and all that other nonsense he spews, it’s not about winning with him it’s about not losing so bad, such a terrible philosophy.

8 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Todd Bowles, and leader of men, and all that other nonsense he spews, it’s not about winning with him it’s about not losing so bad, such a terrible philosophy.

It’s all about a pat on the back at the end of the day. Give yourself something to earn a gold star and the rest will be dandy.

Maybe he could come back and fill Bates spot at QB coach. Other than that I don't see any great value in bringing him back. With Bates at OC and a QB coach the Jets need a veteran QB to mentor their QB's. Why???

41 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

Maybe he could come back and fill Bates spot at QB coach. Other than that I don't see any great value in bringing him back. With Bates at OC and a QB coach the Jets need a veteran QB to mentor their QB's. Why???

I don't like the idea of a perennial losing QB being a coach at a position in which he was not even average. I'd rather they bring Pennington in to be a QB coach if they are going to go with a former JETS player. 

18 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Why are we looking at and considering the opinion of a HISTORICALLY LOSING QB!!

The Jets had a LOSING RECORD WITH HIM and DIDN'T MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!!

What winning NFL organization has ever looked to a LOSING QBs for direction and stability?????????????

NO ONE!!!

The Jets are NUTS!!!

Good Grief!!!!

That is true. Except if we had Kirk Cousins this yr, we still go 5-11. Ok maybe 6-10 at best. If we do bring in Cousins or upgrade at qb, the O needs a full make over or it’s not going to matter who is behind center. 

1 hour ago, Stark said:

I don't like the idea of a perennial losing QB being a coach at a position in which he was not even average. I'd rather they bring Pennington in to be a QB coach if they are going to go with a former JETS player. 

I totally understand your point on this but I don't think I'd be able to stand seeing Pennington's mug on the sidelines for 16 weeks.  At least McCown seemed like a likable guy and he seemed to really like the organization (though I guess why not considering nobody else was giving him a chance).  Chad left on bad terms here and won a division with the hated Dolphins.  "Fredo, you're my older brother and I love you.  But don't ever take sides with anyone against the family again, ever".

1 hour ago, Stark said:

Yeah I been meaning to say every time I hear this.... what ever happened to Pennington being the QB coach?! McCown... lol wtf 

9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I totally understand your point on this but I don't think I'd be able to stand seeing Pennington's mug on the sidelines for 16 weeks.  At least McCown seemed like a likable guy and he seemed to really like the organization (though I guess why not considering nobody else was giving him a chance).  Chad left on bad terms here and won a division with the hated Dolphins.  "Fredo, you're my older brother and I love you.  But don't ever take sides with anyone against the family again, ever".

Haven't you defended Revis here? 

1 minute ago, Hitman Harris said:

Haven't you defended Revis here? 

Kind of, yes.   I still defend his right to treat the game as a business and maximize his earnings.  He did that and, tbh, I would've done the exact same thing if I were him.  However, I have no issue with criticizing him for either bad or lazy play.  If he wants to treat everything as if "it's business, not personal" then that's the kind of treatment he should expect from fans (cold, impersonal).  Admittedly I still have said I'd have cheered the guy but that's my own decision.  The first time he left here was because he was traded.  Afaik, he didn't bad-mouth the organization.  His 2nd stint here was a disaster.  He's still one of the all time greats in Jets' history but his actions (laziness) definitely detracted from his legacy.

Archived