Senior Bowl

SenorGato

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Rexorcism said:

Amazingly, Joseph is the guy that was an unknown rookie free agent back in the day and Kotite threw him into a Mon Nite game to cover Tim Brown, we were ridiculed all game as Brown burned him all night. Ahhh, those wonderful Jet memories warm the heart

NOt only was he a rookie free agent, but he was a QB in college at Colorado.  That was his first game as a CB.  Starting opposite Tim Brown.  A future HOFer.  Only Kotite.  I believe that after the game Brown commented that he felt bad for Joseph.  Nothing worse than being pitied by your opponent.

NOt only was he a rookie free agent, but he was a QB in college at Colorado.  That was his first game as a CB.  Starting opposite Tim Brown.  A future HOFer.  Only Kotite.  I believe that after the game Brown commented that he felt bad for Joseph.  Nothing worse than being pitied by your opponent.

Yup, remember it all too well... Ugggggghhhh

:a bulbous, festering seed pod pulsates and, finally, splits open and out from the amniotic ooze, a bio-organic figure wriggles among the grotesque miasma, chewing itself free of an umbilical cord attached to the HDMI port on the back of a 32” Diahatsu television mounted on the wall. At last, the figure, now standing, speaks:

”I watched some of the Senior Bowl and I have some thoughts regarding why Baker Mayfield is actually very bad.”

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

:a bulbous, festering seed pod pulsates and, finally, splits open and out from the amniotic ooze, a bio-organic figure wriggles among the grotesque miasma, chewing itself free of an umbilical cord attached to the HDMI port on the back of a 32” Diahatsu television mounted on the wall. At last, the figure, now standing, speaks:

”I watched some of the Senior Bowl and I have some thoughts regarding why Baker Mayfield is actually very bad.”

Can't wait to read everyone's draft grades.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

You mean forgoing Cousins? IDK what the plan is. The insiders are saying they are gearing for a run at COusins

Nothing to do with Cousins. Unless it’s 2004 again and there’s three virtual locks by Lewin or similar analytical criteria then prospects behind that (Losman, Schaub), no such thing as a deep QB draft.

I think there’s 6 QB prospects I’d voluntarily draft this year: Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen, Lauletta, Rudolph, Jackson. I’m sure about zero of them. 

Allen is never going to be a 65% completion guy...but you can see that his upside is outrageous.

Like I said before, I don’t pretend that I’m some expert QB evaluator. Hell, the guys who get paid to evaluate these kids are dead wrong at least 50% of the time...but Allen can be truly special if he reaches his full potential.

Would I be thrilled if the Jets drafted him? No, not really. He’s the very definition of a “boom or bust” prospect. But I’d at least try to stay optimistic. At least we’d be pairing an incredibly talented young QB with an offensive coaching staff that is at least competent. 

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Now why do you say this? Is this about Allen or about the Jets?

He just ripped up a Pop Warner-esque, vanilla, 2nd half, Senior Bowl defense and it's going to artificially inflate his stock.  I say hopefully not us because doing what he just did changes absolutely nothing about who he really is.  When they had him under duress earlier in the first half, he looked like Wyoming Josh Allen.  The 2nd half rolled around, the pressure came off, and he, unsurprisingly, looked like what scouts want to believe he is.  

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

He just ripped up a Pop Warner-esque, vanilla, 2nd half, Senior Bowl defense and it's going to artificially inflate his stock.  I say hopefully not us because doing what he just did changes absolutely nothing about who he really is.  When they were blitzing him earlier in the first half, he looked like Wyoming Josh Allen.  The 2nd half rolled around, the pressure came off, and he, unsurprisingly, looked like what scouts want to believe that he is.  

I’m surprised Baker Mayfield played. I didn’t watch the game. How did he look Mogglez,

24 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Allen is never going to be a 65% completion guy...but you can see that his upside is outrageous.

Like I said before, I don’t pretend that I’m some expert QB evaluator. Hell, the guys who get paid to evaluate these kids are dead wrong at least 50% of the time...but Allen can be truly special if he reaches his full potential.

Would I be thrilled if the Jets drafted him? No, not really. He’s the very definition of a “boom or bust” prospect. But I’d at least try to stay optimistic. At least we’d be pairing an incredibly talented young QB with an offensive coaching staff that is at least competent. 

I'm about as optimistic as they come with QBs.  I've admitted that this is almost always to a fault on multiple occasions.

I'll declare the next 5 years an absolute waste the moment he steps on the field for Rookie Camp if we draft him.  I saw this story with Christian Hackenberg.  F*ck man, I even fell for it.  He was only a 2nd round pick so the blow wasn't catastrophic.  Josh Allen in the top ten AFTER making the Hack pick and seeing how it panned out would be beyond even Idzik levels of incompetent.

He just ripped up a Pop Warner-esque, vanilla, 2nd half, Senior Bowl defense and it's going to artificially inflate his stock.  I say hopefully not us because doing what he just did changes absolutely nothing about who he really is.  When they were blitzing him earlier in the first half, he looked like Wyoming Josh Allen.  The 2nd half rolled around, the pressure came off, and he, unsurprisingly, looked like what scouts want to believe that he is.  

Meh

If Mayfield had that kind of showing, half the board would’ve been sucking his assh0le with puckered lips, regardless. 

Allen is by no means a sure thing, but he has the most potential of any of these QB’s.

I wouldn’t be thrilled if we drafted him (My ideal scenario is still signing Cousins and landing Barkley/Chubb/Nelson at #6), but I wouldn’t be pissed either.

At lest they’d be taking a shot on a QB who has the potential to be genuinely great if he pans out.

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

So your saying he is Browning Nagle?

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’m surprised Baker Mayfield played. I didn’t watch the game. How did he look Mogglez,

Didn't do much of anything.  Was in for very little time and never came back after giving way to the next guy up.  Sucks, but with everything going on with his mom, I wasn't surprised.

They never blitzed him, they werent allowed to blitz

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

If Mayfield had that kind of showing, half the board would’ve been sucking his assh0le with puckered lips, regardless.

Thing is Mayfield didn’t need that to prop him up as a passer. He’s routinely done it for three years for the top passing offense in the NCAA. 

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Meh

Allen is by no means a sure thing, but he has the most potential of any of these QB’s.

I wouldn’t be thrilled if we drafted him (My ideal scenario is still signing Cousins and landing Barkley/Chubb/Nelson at #6), but I wouldn’t be pissed either.

At lest they’d be taking a shot on a QB who has the potential to be genuinely great if he pans out.

Your ideal is my ideal.

Mayfield doesn't have the history that Allen does and that plays a big part of the perception.  They've both earned their reputations, both good and bad.

I can't speak for everyone else here, but If Mayfield looked poor under duress and better when things were more vanilla, I'd say the same things about him.  I'm a huge Mayfield fan too.

9 minutes ago, Rexorcism said:

Kyle Lauleta looked like the best QB on the field

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

He did look awesome.  Good find @SenorGato, I hadn't paid any mind to the kid before you mentioned him earlier this year.  

Only issue I saw with him that was also on his film cut ups is that he has a tendency to reaaaaally lock on to his guy.  Certainly a coachable thing though and he has all the production you'd want.  That 3rd TD of his was the best throw of this whole week.  

He did look awesome.  Good find @SenorGato, I hadn't paid any mind to the kid before you mentioned him earlier this year.  

Only issue I saw with him that was also on his film cut ups is that he has a tendency to only read one half of the field and reaaaaally lock on to his guy.  Certainly a coachable thing though and he has all the tools you'd want.  That 3rd TD of his was the best throw of this whole week.  

He will probably go in the 2nd or 3rd at this point. He is in that tier with Falk.

Archived