Senior Bowl

SenorGato

11 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Thing is Mayfield didn’t need that to prop him up as a passer. He’s routinely done it for three years for the top passing offense in the NCAA. 

So did Kellen Moore

Don’t really care. I don’t hate Mayfield but I have no doubt that his disposition on the field is the primary reason why everyone is going ga-ga over him.

They love seeing a QB slap his teammates on the ass after a concerted effort, grab his dick and talk sh*t to the opposing team, throw his hands up to rile up the crowd...I get it.

He has his positive qualities and he’s certainly no Johnny 8-Ball...but this kid wouldn’t even be a 1st round pick in all likelihood if it wasn’t for the success of a guy like Russell Wilson.

The only sub-6’2 QB to go in the Top 5 in the last 30+ years to my knowledge is Vick, and that’s because he had the speed and agility of a f*cking cheetah and a howitzer attached to his left shoulder.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He will probably go in the 2nd or 3rd at this point. He is in that tier with Falk.

Kinda agree. I'd say mid to low 3rd, early 4th simply because there are still so many Juniors that will keep him down.  When you start getting to the Falk, Rudolph, etc. tier, you start looking for freak size, production, and a bunch of other things.  Plus, the teams that desperately need QBs will likely have gotten their guys in the first and that will change the value.

I think he's good enough to go in the 2nd, I just don't think it happens is all I'm saying.

9 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

He has his positive qualities and he’s certainly no Johnny 8-Ball...but this kid wouldn’t even be a 1st round pick in all likelihood if it wasn’t for the success of a guy like Russell Wilson.

Similarly, Josh Allen wouldn’t be in the conversation if not for Wentz.

19 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He will probably go in the 2nd or 3rd at this point. He is in that tier with Falk.

Lauletta >>>>>>>>>> Falk

Falk done goofed by not playing today on top of his many other holes. 

17 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

So did Kellen Moore

Don’t really care. I don’t hate Mayfield but I have no doubt that his disposition on the field is the primary reason why everyone is going ga-ga over him.

They love seeing a QB slap his teammates on the ass after a concerted effort, grab his dick and talk sh*t to the opposing team, throw his hands up to rile up the crowd...I get it.

Actually Boise finished near the top a couple times under Moore but never the top let alone back to bacl.  

I can’t speak for “everyone but I would imagine the whole 3 years as the best passer in college for the best passing game has most to do with his fanfare. 

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Similarly, Josh Allen wouldn’t be in the conversation if not for Wentz.

Sure he would

6’5 240 QB’s with that kind of arm talent, mobility and experience in a pro-style offense will always be highly coveted. 

And similar to a guy like Mayfield, he has that “eat, sleep and breathe football” mentality.

He may very well turn out to be the next in a long line of bust 1st round QB’s...or he could turn out to be Ben Roethlisberger 2.0

Like I said, there’s no middle ground with him.

Macc would end up either being hailed as a genius, or he’d be out on his ass pretty quickly with the selection.

4 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Lauletta >>>>>>>>>> Falk

Falk done goofed by not playing today on top of his many other holes. 

Actually Boise finished near the top a couple times under Moore but never the top let alone back to bacl.  

I can’t speak for “everyone but I would imagine the whole 3 years as the best passer in college for the best passing game has most to do with his fanfare. 

I don’t blame him for not playing. He had a funeral to attend. That’s understandable. 

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

...or he could turn out to be Ben Roethlisberger 2.

Roethlisberger in college started as a true freshman, started 3 years, and completed 65(!!!)%+ of his passes in college. 

Besides being tall and massive, he and Allen have nothing in common as prospects.

11 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Roethlisberger in college started as a true freshman, started 3 years, and completed 65(!!!)%+ of his passes in college. 

Besides being tall and massive, he and Allen have nothing in common as prospects.

Again, stats mean dick in college. It’s all about how your game translates to the pro level.

Montana completed 52% of his passes at Notre Dame...then was matched up with Walsh and a system that fit him like a glove in the pros and went on to become one of the most accurate QB’s in NFL history. And is right up there neck and neck with Brady in the GOAT conversation.

I’m not some massive Allen fanboy. But to deny his upside is absurd.

2 hours ago, Rexorcism said:

I just dont believe that Elway’s boy who would also have insider knowledge from Elway would give that information to a live TV audience. Elway asked him to push the Allen to Denver narrative and TD did exactly that. I think it means Mayfield all the way for Denver.

Speculating what any one is thinking is pure folly, particularly NFL GM's.  But I'm going to do it any way.  :)  

I just have a hard time seeing Elway taking Mayfield over Allen.  IMO, Elway would want a QB in his own image.  Big with a strong arm.  Think Eway was 6'3-6'4".  No question he had a cannon.

2 hours ago, Rexorcism said:

I just dont believe that Elway’s boy who would also have insider knowledge from Elway would give that information to a live TV audience. Elway asked him to push the Allen to Denver narrative and TD did exactly that. I think it means Mayfield all the way for Denver.

Speculating what any one is thinking is pure folly, particularly NFL GM's.  But I'm going to do it any way.  :)  

I just have a hard time seeing Elway taking Mayfield over Allen.  IMO, Elway would want a QB in his own image.  Big with a strong arm.  Think Eway was 6'3-6'4".  No question he had a cannon.

Just now, SenorGato said:

Woof. Yeah, I’ll take the people who make a living because of the opposite of that post is true. They have a much better success rate and a much easier process to follow. 

Kellen Moore, Jason White, Colt Brennan, Colt McCoy...man, those guys are tearing the NFL a new assh0le right now. 

Let’s just draft Mason Rudolph and call it a day.

As a matter of fact, why the hell is that kid being talked about as a 3rd/4th rounder and some mooks want to move up to #1 and mortgage our next 2 drafts for Mayfield?

Is he not “fiery” and “competitive” enough?

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Meh

If Mayfield had that kind of showing, half the board would’ve been sucking his assh0le with puckered lips, regardless. 

Allen is by no means a sure thing, but he has the most potential of any of these QB’s.

I wouldn’t be thrilled if we drafted him (My ideal scenario is still signing Cousins and landing Barkley/Chubb/Nelson at #6), but I wouldn’t be pissed either.

At lest they’d be taking a shot on a QB who has the potential to be genuinely great if he pans out.

This thread would have been infected with "Mayfield has to be the pick" posts coming from sticky jizz sprinkled keyboards.

18 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Not necessarily true. Elway was quoted saying Mayfield’s height is no concern to him whatsoever and then he continued to smother him all week lmao. 

13 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Kellen Moore, Jason White, Colt Brennan, Colt McCoy...man, those guys are tearing the NFL a new assh0le right now. 

All less accomplished passers in college than Mayfield, and none would be a stronger prospect (maybe McCoy) with today’s analytics. Rudolph is the same thing as those guys. Good maybe very good college passer to Mayfield’s great. 

I am also not sure how or why this makes Josh Allen a good prospect either. 

Some people on this board love Allen and hate Mayfield, some love Mayfield and hate Allen, same for any other possible combination

No matter who we draft, there will be a group of posters that will actively root for him to fail miserably and happily label him a bust as soon as his 1st preseason pass is incomllete so they can smugly pronounce that they were right all along 

43 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Some people on this board love Allen and hate Mayfield, some love Mayfield and hate Allen, same for any other possible combination

No matter who we draft, there will be a group of posters that will actively root for him to fail miserably and happily label him a bust as soon as his 1st preseason pass is incomllete so they can smugly pronounce that they were right all along 

I’ve noticed that lately. Some jet fans seem to be bigger fans of mayfield or Allen than they are fans of the jets lol. After they are drafted by other teams, we are going to get regular updates how they are doing lol

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:

If forced to I will booooooooo an Allen pick and meeeeeh Mayfield from day 1 until they are good QBs. My preference by far is that the Yets **** off both these guys, pay up for Cousins, and draft Lauletta outside of the first. 

2 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

If forced to I will booooooooo an Allen pick and meeeeeh Mayfield from day 1 until they are good QBs. My preference by far is that the Yets **** off both these guys, pay up for Cousins, and draft Lauletta outside of the first. 

Cousins is Denver bound. Time to accept reality. https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/Bolt/Report-More-likely-than-not-that-Kirk-Cousins-signs-with-Broncos-114246892/Amp

9 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Thanks Philbot but the article (from bot site 247 no less!) opens with that headline before backtracking immediately and the rest of the way. I’m aware Denver will be trying their darndest:

The Broncos currently can't meet those demands, but as Galko suggested, there are ways to massage the salary cap and structure Cousins' pact so it doesn't completely torpedo the team's finances. Leave that to John Elway and Cousins' agent, who, by the way, also represents Trevor Siemian.

Unfortunately the article also notes:

In other words, Cousins is looking to become the richest player in NFL history.

and the Broncos are poorly positioned to make that a reality. 

and the Broncos are poorly positioned to make that a reality.

Incorrect. Sure they don’t have the cap we do, but they will have no major issues clearing more for cousins. They could decide they don’t want to match a teams that makes a absurd offer, but they will be able to sign him no problem if they want him. 

11 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Incorrect. Sure they don’t have the cap we do, but they will have no major issues clearing more for cousins. They could decide they don’t want to match a teams that makes a absurd offer, but they will be able to sign him no problem if they want him. 

That’s a commendably slick backtrack Philbot. 

8 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

That’s a commendably slick backtrack Philbot. 

No backtrack senorita. It’s been known to happen before. Some teams may be more desperate than Denver. If some dumb ass gm wants to offer cousins 35 mil a yr with a ton guaranteed, Denver does not have to follow down stupidity lane. They have a fall back option of picking a qb at 5. Where as the jets know they would likely have to trade ahead of Denver if they Denver does not sign cousins or acquire Alex Smith. 

0AA72748-182E-4859-9E89-0A6328AA9FEB.gif

3 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Sure he would

6’5 240 QB’s with that kind of arm talent, mobility and experience in a pro-style offense will always be highly coveted. 

And similar to a guy like Mayfield, he has that “eat, sleep and breathe football” mentality.

He may very well turn out to be the next in a long line of bust 1st round QB’s...or he could turn out to be Ben Roethlisberger 2.0

Like I said, there’s no middle ground with him.

Macc would end up either being hailed as a genius, or he’d be out on his ass pretty quickly with the selection.

I’m pretty sure the decision is going to be made for Mac

At least I hope

Theres 4 clear cut top guys, 3 should be gone by time we pick, hopefully not all 4

Mac takes what’s left

piece of cake

Pretty sweet year to draft a back up QB to groom behind your starter. Luis Perez from Texas A&M-Commerce played as advertised in the NFLPA bowl as well, meaning there's at least 5-6 really decent mid round QBs to take a chance on... too bad we're left holding our dicks praying the right one falls to us in round 1

9 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

I’m pretty sure the decision is going to be made for Mac

At least I hope

Theres 4 clear cut top guys, 3 should be gone by time we pick, hopefully not all 4

Mac takes what’s left

piece of cake

There is only 2 clear cut guys, the media wants you to believe there is as many as possible because that gets clicks, ratings, keeps the story going, and them relevant.  It’s always been Rosen, and Darnold, and still is, but that story is boring so they have to write one you believe, and they can sell to keep everyone paying attention.

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

No backtrack senorita. 

Your whole post then cotinues to backtrack, Philbot! 

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Luis Perez from Texas A&M-Commerce played as advertised in the NFLPA bowl as well,

Do you know if he got a combine invite? Can’t find anything...If not then I think he ends up 6-UDFA, which could be interesting for the Jets. Checks more boxes than all of the non-Lauletta guys at the Senior Bowl on paper IMO. 35 games started including a JC season, lots of passes, lots of completed passes, lots of success relative and outright....

That puts it at Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen, Lauletta, Rudolph, Jackson, and this guy I just Googled as the QB prospects I would meh rather than boo on their respective draft days from a safe distance. 

5 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Your whole post then cotinues to backtrack, Philbot! 

I realize you don’t have the intellect to comprehend the difference from Having the available means to purchase something, and deciding it’s not worth the price. When you go shopping for a dress senorita I’m sure you could have second thoughts if 1 particular 1 is overpriced. You can avoid it, but Maybe you decide to buy some pants for once because it is a better Deal. 

229171C3-185F-4BD9-8611-3BE2A848A0EB.jpeg

3 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I don't give **** who we draft in the first round as long as it is a QB.  No preferences, but our POS GM will draft defense.

Archived