Don’t stop now Macc get to #1 at all costs!!!!

Lupz27

Or get #2.  Darnold or Rosen are the targets.  Could very well be we made this move to guarantee the NYGs what ever player they want to swap with us.  If they really intend to take Barkley, then swap with us.  That still forces Cle to either take him at 1 or potentially miss out.

5 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

The best QB is Mayfield. He's the guy I hope the Jets are targeting. Realistically though i'd be happy with Darnold or Rosen as well. I just hope they haven't fallen in love with Allen's arm.

Trading up for Mayfield would've been an awful waste. We're getting Darnold or Rosen.

1 minute ago, sciond said:

lol all of a sudden we are greedy?

actually as of now I am sitting here uncharacteristically happy as  Jet fan and I want to stay that way

Lol how sad is our reality 

1 minute ago, Grandy said:

Trading up for Mayfield would've been an awful waste. We're getting Darnold or Rosen.

How's it a waste? You trade up to secure your guy. They don't know if another team likes Mayfield and could trade up in front of them. There's a lot of action going on with trades already. The Jets may not want to get screwed on draft day.

Mayfield is the best QB entering the draft. If he was 2 inches taller I don't even think this would be a discussion. I could understand drafting Darnold over him because Darnold is only 20 so his disappointing season last year could just be due to still learning at the college level. 

5 minutes ago, YankeeJet22 said:

There is no way he moved up for Mayfield.  

Why? If he has decided he's his guy then he definitely would be smart to. You don't know what a team behind you could try and do on draft day. I'm not saying it's Mayfield. It's most likely him or Rosen though and if he loves one of them trading up makes all the sense in the world.

It looks like the Jets are ok with the top 3 Qbs. They might not have a big preference. You would think they like Darnold, Rosen and Allen and they could take Mayfield if not selected at 1 or 2. What they could do is if they do have a preference and that guy is taken trade back again but that's doubtful. If you trade up that will cost next year's no 1. I'm not for it because there isn't a slam dunk Qb in this group. Of course the Jets hope that at 1 and/or at 2 a Qb isn't taken. 

Archived