I'm thankful we didn't draft Josh Allen...

Freemanm

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

I so wanted to neg rep that.  

I didn't.    But I so wanted to

oops...i shouldn't have? do u have to go to detention or something if u get enough of those? i feel like i am missing out but between the job at the kid raising i just dont have the time to get into the neg rep game ?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I still am in disbelief that they went Allen instead of Rosen anyway. Rosen is 20000x the passer Allen is. I understand the ceiling part of it all but when you have such a low floor....the safer pick just seems like the better one for an equally QB suffering organization like the Buffalo Bills.

Who was the poster who really big on Allen, had him as aviator. I’m just curious if he left or I’m not noticing him without Allen’s pic lol

1 hour ago, Bruce Harper said:

Everyone seems to parrot that line that he has a higher upside.  I respectfully disagree.  Because he has a bigger arm or because he's taller?  Doesn't he have to show something?  He has been mediocre compared to Rosen, at least to date.  So why does he have a higher upside?

He's also very big and a very good athlete 

The argument is that if he can get his head right he can be a tough to bring down, durable, bad weather QB 

It was always going to be a bad weather team that rolled the dice on him 

48 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

oops...i shouldn't have? do u have to go to detention or something if u get enough of those? i feel like i am missing out but between the job at the kid raising i just dont have the time to get into the neg rep game ?

Right back at ya’. See you after school.

PS. Don’t sit next to me.

9 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I still am in disbelief that they went Allen instead of Rosen anyway. Rosen is 20000x the passer Allen is. I understand the ceiling part of it all but when you have such a low floor....the safer pick just seems like the better one for an equally QB suffering organization like the Buffalo Bills.

The Bills drafting Rosen would be like inviting Norman Mailer to a monster truck rally.

4 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Really glad hes not a jet. 

This guy, if he winds up a bust i will never ever be enamored by the prototype fqb that has it all except accuracy and college production

So glad we got darnold. Already ordered my 35 dollar ebay jersey from china. Hope to run into sar1 one day wearing it

Once I posted a photo of me and my dad in Namath jerseys at a tailgate. The jersey police came out to critique the patch location, shade of green, everything. So I posted a photo of Namath wearing the same exact knockoff. /thread!

1 hour ago, Larz said:

The argument is that if he can get his head right he can be a tough to bring down, durable, bad weather QB 

The dude didn't play well enough in High School to get any college interest.  So he went to Junior College where he completed 49% of his passes.  Then he went to Wyoming (his only offer), where he didn't exactly light it up in a second tier conference.  I would be shocked if he is a very good pro.

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

All the reports out of Bills rookie camp were amusing in that it was very similar to the reports about Hack last year: great arm, but a project who needs to work on accuracy! and footwork! and timing! They are so doomed.

By contrast, everyone in Arizona was super excited about Rosen’s early showings. 

Until he’s on the bench with a concussion. 

35 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

The dude didn't play well enough in High School to get any college interest.  So he went to Junior College where he completed 49% of his passes.  Then he went to Wyoming (his only offer), where he didn't exactly light it up in a second tier conference.  I would be shocked if he is a very good pro.

Right but there is more to him than his arm and I was answering the question 

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

All the reports out of Bills rookie camp were amusing in that it was very similar to the reports about Hack last year: great arm, but a project who needs to work on accuracy! and footwork! and timing! They are so doomed.

8 hours ago, Tony MaC said:

Apparently it was his personality and cold weather ability that convinced them to go with this Josh over the other. They saw Allen as the QB that fit the Buffalo market better and they got scared off by Rosen's outspokenness I guess.

Not saying that was a good reason or not, but that's the logic. 

Edit: I feel like I should mention that his upside made making that decision easier. "He's a better personality fit AND he could be the better QB, why not go with him"?

For the record: My friends brother was at dinner when they took Rosen out to wine and dine him. He just came across as an arrogant jerk, so much so that they basically ruled him out and proved it by picking Allen. Don't know why we're rehashing all this crap anyway. The drafts done with get over it.

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

By contrast, everyone in Arizona was super excited about Rosen’s early showings. 

:rolleyes: Pleeeese spare us.

7 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Not trying to be an A-hope but you seem to REALLY care about the rep thing. You in a bet with someone  ? Do we get a prize for most positive reps in a yr ? Lol kidding ?

Well I guess that leaves you out. lol   j/k

On 5/21/2018 at 12:33 PM, The Crusher said:

Rosen was always going to be the early favorite. He got sooo lucky ending up in Arizona. Good for him.

This.  He went to a .500 team that still has Larry Fitzgerald and will have a healthy David Johnson. And, that’s not even mentioning the good weather and a stadium with a retractable roof for 8 home games, division road games in LA, San Francisco, etc.  He’s also a 5 hour drive from where he grew up and went to college. There is no better situation for a quarterback in this draft than Josh Rosen got.

5 hours ago, Larz said:

He is essentially Blake Bortles with better Velocity on his throws.  Give him a stud D, and running game, and in 4 years maybe he can not be so terrible that he won’t get in the way, and be serviceable to make a playoff run like Bortles did this year, BUT IF he gets hot he could Flacco his way to a Super Bowl win with that big arm, BIG IF.

Welp, that's what happens when you take a 3rd round talent 7th overall. DB's cant wait to play your offense.

Dont feel bad though Bills fans, my Jets took an undrafted level talent in the 2nd round....also traded up to do it. 

He still has time to prove himself, though i also think he's just a kid with a powerful arm....not a quarterback

18 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I think Rosen will have the best rookie season out of all the qbs

7 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

For the record: My friends brother was at dinner when they took Rosen out to wine and dine him. He just came across as an arrogant jerk, so much so that they basically ruled him out and proved it by picking Allen. Don't know why we're rehashing all this crap anyway. The drafts done with get over it.

And Brady and Rodgers are super nice guys in real life.  I’ve heard stories about Peyton Manning too he ain’t such a saint like the media always portrayed him to be

40 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

And Brady and Rodgers are super nice guys in real life.  I’ve heard stories about Peyton Manning too he ain’t such a saint like the media always portrayed him to be

Him and Eli would go to the golf course where I lived in this very, very, very, very rural area...called Hillsdale. Absolute middle of no where. I meaaan...boy...I guess it’s so private and away from annoying pestering that they enjoyed going there.

anyway, 

They always went there, got sh*t faced drunk and left the Golf course a complete and utter disaster. Beer cans every where, trash in general just every where! Just wrecked the whole damn place. Was pretty as$hole-ish if you ask me. But yeah, they stop going there eventually..and i’m glad that they did.

11 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Who was the poster who really big on Allen, had him as aviator. I’m just curious if he left or I’m not noticing him without Allen’s pic lol

Josh Allen has a pilot's license?  That's pretty cool! 

I just hope he is more accurate landing a plane than he is at throwing a football.

11 hours ago, Larz said:

I was figuring Denver.  But after Paxton Lynch, could they really afford another high bust risk? 

53 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I think Rosen will have the best rookie season out of all the qbs

absolutely.  Although the Cardinals' OL is pretty bad and worse than ours (astonishing!).  With a QB that lacks fluid mobility, they really should have addressed improving that protection after drafting Rosen.  I'll bet Incognito lands there.

7 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

This.  He went to a .500 team that still has Larry Fitzgerald and will have a healthy David Johnson. And, that’s not even mentioning the good weather and a stadium with a retractable roof for 8 home games, division road games in LA, San Francisco, etc.  He’s also a 5 hour drive from where he grew up and went to college. There is no better situation for a quarterback in this draft than Josh Rosen got.

You are overlooking just how bad the Cardinals' OL is, here.  They spent  mega $$ on Pugh, or should we call him P-U?  It's really a pretty bad OL.  I hope Rosen doesn't get broken in half like Carson Palmer.

9 minutes ago, Dcat said:

absolutely.  Although the Cardinals' OL is pretty bad and worse than ours (astonishing!).  With a QB that lacks fluid mobility, they really should have addressed improving that protection after drafting Rosen.  I'll bet Incognito lands there.

Seahawks literally blew up their defense.  Niners don’t have a good defense either they just won a bunch of close games with Jimmy G last year.  Only really good defense left in that division is the rams and even they lost Trumaine Johnson

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

You are overlooking just how bad the Cardinals' OL is, here.  They spent  mega $$ on Pugh, or should we call him P-U?  It's really a pretty bad OL.  I hope Rosen doesn't get broken in half like Carson Palmer.

It’s all about being able to get rid of the ball quickly in 3 step drops to the RB or TE in the flat.  Brady and Manning had long careers and played with bad offensive lines in front of them

Archived