Bleacher Report picks Jamal Adams as teams breakout candidate.

On 7/2/2018 at 6:37 AM, Jetster said:

Had previous Jets GMs been able to draft just 1 good player for the secondary, Macc probably wouldn't have had to draft 2 safeties. 

Milliner & Pryor misses snowballed to where we are now. Marshon Lattimore was probably the right pick in hindsight, but I have no problem spending big on a good CB like Trumaine Johnson which equals out not drafting Lattimore.

Rational Jet fans aren't screaming that Adams is already some great player, we're saying he was a f*cking rookie learning the ropes, playing multiple positions. If we wasn't chirping so much, there would probably be only positive posts here about his potential. Unlike many bad draft picks, at least Jamal Adams can actually play pro football. 

Bullsh*t. Its not Macc's fault now? Didn't Macc sign a bunch of FA's to revamp that secondary not so long ago? How did that work out?

Well if your idol Macc had drafted Lattimore they wouldn't have had to spend big on Johnson. He was a need signing no doubt but the need would have been lessened if Macc paid more attention to the problem instead of throwing money at it. Kind of like the way he is ignoring the OL now. No doubt you will give him a pass on that when it blows up.

First of all there is no such thing as a rational Jet Fan. Any rational person could tell you that.

I actually agree with you on this. If Adams would keep his mouth shut and just play he would get a lot less grief. Unfortunately that has as much a chance of happening as the Jets making the playoffs in 2019.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Gronk is in conversation for best tight end ever to play the game..people forget this.

Anthony F? Not so much..hell everyone gets 1 though. Especially when you are a rook.

I believe the clip below is what the trolls refer to as Fasano owning Adams.

What we don't know is Roberts may have been responsible for a better jam, or maybe it was on Adams to play the rub route better. Either way, the best coverage defenders get beat on this play all the time in the NFL. Also this is a rookie who started 16 games and played well but I guess he's destined to suck because he is a safety and he was picked 6th.

7 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

I believe the clip below is what the trolls refer to as Fasano owning Adams.

What we don't know is Roberts may have been responsible for a better jam, or maybe it was on Adams to play the rub route better. Either way, the best coverage defenders get beat on this play all the time in the NFL. Also this is a rookie who started 16 games and played well but I guess he's destined to suck because he is a safety and he was picked 6th.

Not mentioned in this horrible self-own by @RESNewYork is that Cutler knew before the snap that he was going to get an easy TD throwing it at Jamal Adams. Cutler doesn’t even look anywhere else and the play is telegraphed from time it was called. Somewhere along the way, OCs and QBs figured out you could throw it at #33 and get whatever you wanted.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Not mentioned in this horrible self-own by @RESNewYork is that Cutler knew before the snap that he was going to get an easy TD throwing it at Jamal Adams. Cutler doesn’t even look anywhere else and the play is telegraphed from time it was called. Somewhere along the way, OCs and QBs figured out you could throw it at #33 and get whatever you wanted.

This is such BS, lol. Obviously Roberts needs to get up sooner to jam the player "setting a screen" for Fasano. Instead he lets that player literally block down on him so Adams can't get through. 

This is the same play that Butler made in the Super Bowl but Butler was given a lane to make a play because unlike Roberts, a Pats player forced the issue immediately allowing Butler a free lane to break up the pass. 

This is a very difficult play to defend because the NFL pretty much allows blocking B4 the pass is thrown within 1 yard of the LOS. Just another advantage given to increase offensive production. 

This narrative that Adams sucks is so ridiculous and I believe he's going to make these off season discussions about him look silly. 

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

This is a very difficult play to defend because the NFL pretty much allows blocking B4 the pass is thrown within 1 yard of the LOS. Just another advantage given to increase offensive production. 

Things that are “difficult” in the NFL, according to Adams stans:

1. Defending Anthony Fasano and his 38 career TDs.

2. Defending this rudimentary goal line play that’s been run since the beginning of time by every pop warner team on through.

3. Tackling Alex Smith in the open field.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Safeties taken 6th overall shouldn’t have 36 year old blocking tight ends owning them

Lol, you guys do know that offensive lineman have caught TDs on goal line plays right? Fasano has 36 career TDs, Adams should hide in shame because he was the victim of a poorly defensed play. 

41 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Things that are “difficult” in the NFL, according to Adams stans:

1. Defending Anthony Fasano and his 38 career TDs.

2. Defending this rudimentary goal line play that’s been run since the beginning of time by every pop warner team on through.

3. Tackling Alex Smith in the open field.

That's actually a lot of TDs for a blocking TE. 

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Every post on here is self serving. That's the point.

As far as horrible, that would be you trying to troll everyone with your Fasano owned Adams for a TD. I put the clip up so fans can make up their own minds about the validity of that statement. Im going to assume it will get mentioned less now. It's amazing how BS can be posted here, and fans will run with it as fact. Actually not just here, everywhere.

What Cutler probably saw was the play was going to work because Adams was going to rubbed out of the play. Not, Adams is covering Fasano so this is a guarantee TD. Probably because of the alignment, spacing, where they were on the hash, and where Stanford was lined up. I dont know, just a guess. 

So yes you will continue to try and validate your statement with nonsense and that's cool. You're a troll. It's what you do. 

1 hour ago, RESNewYork said:

Every post on here is self serving. That's the point.

As far as horrible, that would be you trying to troll everyone with your Fasano owned Adams for a TD. I put the clip up so fans can make up their own minds about the validity of that statement. Im going to assume it will get mentioned less now. It's amazing how BS can be posted here, and fans will run with it as fact. Actually not just here, everywhere.

What Cutler probably saw was the play was going to work because Adams was going to rubbed out of the play. Not, Adams is covering Fasano so this is a guarantee TD. Probably because of the alignment, spacing, where they were on the hash, and where Stanford was lined up. I dont know, just a guess. 

So yes you will continue to try and validate your statement with nonsense and that's cool. You're a troll. It's what you do

The fact that the merits of a 6th overall pick hinge on litigating an Anthony Fasano TD should tell you enough, no?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

He looks like a total uncoordinated goof ball with lead in his pants and sand in his shoes. 

Actually what your witnessing there are 2 rookie safeties, completely misjudging the speed & strength of a 6'-6" 270 Lb TE, the likes of which neither of these guys has ever witnessed in College a year before, who's been outrunning secondaries for YEARS in the NFL including carrying guys on his back for 25-30 yards for 8 years now, a 5 time All pro, with 76 TDs, and the 1st TE to ever lead the league in receiving TDs (17), and set a single season record for receiving yards by a TE (1,327), a surefire 1st ballot HOF who will go down as the best TE in the history of the NFL. And probably gets his protein bars at the same place Julian Edelman gets them, but keep posting how Adams & Maye should be embarrassed for letting him make a play, lmao!

7 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Actually what your witnessing there are 2 rookie safeties, completely misjudging the speed & strength of a 6'-6" 270 Lb TE, the likes of which neither of these guys has ever witnessed in College a year before, who's been outrunning secondaries for YEARS in the NFL including carrying guys on his back for 25-30 yards for 8 years now, a 5 time All pro, with 76 TDs, and the 1st TE to ever lead the league in receiving TDs (17), and set a single season record for receiving yards by a TE (1,327), a surefire 1st ballot HOF who will go down as the best TE in the history of the NFL. And probably gets his protein bars at the same place Julian Edelman gets them, but keep posting how Adams & Maye should be embarrassed for letting him make a play, lmao!

Because you only watch three games per year, I’m going to guess that was your first time seeing that particular play?

4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Actually what I saw was, a totally uncoordinated goof ball with lead in his pants and sand in his shoes hysterically try to guard one of/if not the greatest TE's to ever play the game and nothing you describe has anything to do with being able to stay on your feet and run with a man caring 70 more lbs of weight than said uncoordinated goof ball. 

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Because you only watch three games per year, I’m going to guess that was your first time seeing that particular play?

I've seen Gronk lay to waste many players in this league since he's arrived in the league. These boys are rookies & Gronk is a huge step up in talent compared to what they're use to. Both took bad angles, Gronk is a freak. 

Adams needs to keep himself under control. He's trying to hard. Let's revisit after this season & the 3 games I witness. 

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

Alex Smith, one of the greatest RB's in the history of Football obvi because Jamal couldnt make the play.

He obviously tried to strip the ball instead of tackling him. Another learning experience. 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

You put up a clip of Adams giving up a cheap TD to Anthony Fasano as a means to defend Adams? 

Sure.

You know why I put it up. But for the other posters, it was show how a troll talks about a play, has no idea what goes into said play, and just uses it as a lame excuse to proclaim some kind of indictment on Adams.

As far as defending Adams, no need. He will continue to talk, and care less about what a troll thinks about him. But you'll spend your precious time giving lame reasons as to why he's a bust. Throughout the season you and other Jet fans will smile every time you perceive Adams to play poorly but eventually will come on here, probably around mid season, and say something lame like I'm here to eat crow, Adams is really surprising me and playing well. Good for you bro.

3 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

Sure.

You know why I put it up. But for the other posters, it was show how a troll talks about a play, has no idea what goes into said play, and just uses it as a lame excuse to proclaim some kind of indictment on Adams.

As far as defending Adams, no need. He will continue to talk, and care less about what a troll thinks about him. But you'll spend your precious time giving lame reasons as to why he's a bust. Throughout the season you and other Jet fans will smile every time you perceive Adams to play poorly but eventually will come on here, probably around mid season, and say something lame like I'm here to eat crow, Adams is really surprising me and playing well. Good for you bro.

This is some awesome JETNATION DOT COM fanfic. 

2 hours ago, Losmeister said:

someone invoked polamalu! 

?

Ed Reed in 3....2.......1........

No one is saying he's  a bust. AND he might be a good safety, but he wasn't much better than average last year. His first season was short of anything close to Polamaluian/Reedish standard. Taking a box safety that high was insane overreach.Taking him ahead of Watt, Watson or Mahomes was IDIOCY. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Ed Reed in 3....2.......1........

No one is saying he's  a bust. AND he might be a good safety, but he wasn't much better than average last year. His first season was short of anything close to Polamaluian/Reedish standard. Taking a box safety that high was insane overreach.Taking him ahead of Watt, Watson or Mahomes was IDIOCY. 

And it was dumb too.