• Last Reply

This was the bracket.

ROUND 2                  QUARTERFINALS       SEMI-FINALS              FINAL

# 1 @Long Island Leprechaun

# 16 @Dunnie

--------------------------

# 8 @Stark

# 9 @HessStation

---------------------

# 4 @HawkeyeJet

# 13 @Obrien2Toon

------------------------

# 5 @Patriot Killa

# 12 @Jetlife33

--------------------                                                                                     CHAMPION

# 3 @UntouchableCrew                                                   

# 14 @King P                                                  

---------------------------

# 6 @greenwichjetfan

# 11 @Jetsfan80

---------------------

# 7 @Paradis

# 10 @JiF

---------------------------

# 2 @BallinPB

# 15 @#27TheDominator

Final:  # 9 @HessStation 15, # 1 @Long Island Leprechaun, 8. 

Hess moves on to the Final 4, where he'll face either # 12 @Jetlife33 or # 13 @Obrien2Toon.  Currently Jetlife holds an 11-7 lead with 4 hours remaining in the poll.

The 3rd QF matchup, # 6 @greenwichjetfan vs. # 14 @King P, has been posted.  Voting for that one will end at 11 AM EST tomorrow.

The final QF, # 7 @Paradis vs. # 15 @#27TheDominator will be posted later today.  

We'll be down to our Final 4 today.  Both Final 4 matchups will be posted tomorrow, but with the Jets' first preseason game on Friday, we'll need to decide the best way to handle the championship.  @Lith any thoughts there?  Maybe start the Championship on Friday, but give voters until Monday to vote or something?

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Final:  # 9 @HessStation 15, # 1 @Long Island Leprechaun, 8. 

Hess moves on to the Final 4, where he'll face either # 12 @Jetlife33 or # 13 @Obrien2Toon.  Currently Jetlife holds an 11-7 lead with 4 hours remaining in the poll.

The 3rd QF matchup, # 6 @greenwichjetfan vs. # 14 @King P, has been posted.  Voting for that one will end at 11 AM EST tomorrow.

The final QF, # 7 @Paradis vs. # 15 @#27TheDominator will be posted later today.  

We'll be down to our Final 4 today.  Both Final 4 matchups will be posted tomorrow, but with the Jets' first preseason game on Friday, we'll need to decide the best way to handle the championship.  @Lith any thoughts there?  Maybe start the Championship on Friday, but give voters until Monday to vote or something?

So, could Hess and KingP, who met in the first round, end up meeting in our final?

I would start the final on Saturday and let run until Monday evening (since traffic tends to be down on the weekend).  If we start Friday it will quickly get buried by threads related to the pre-season games.

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

So, could Hess and KingP, who met in the first round, end up meeting in our final?

I would start the final on Saturday and let run until Monday evening (since traffic tends to be down on the weekend).  If we start Friday it will quickly get buried by threads related to the pre-season games. 

Yep, they could!  Glad the way things fell made it impossible for anyone to re-match until the final.  Sort of worked out like a World Cup format. 

Hess won that first matchup, so I guess if they meet up, he'd win the title by default?  Not sure how to handle that, but let's cross that bridge when we get there....

I like that plan, though I might not be able to post the matchup on Saturday.  I could post it Friday, set up a 72-hour voting window, then people could maybe bump it when possible?

49 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep, they could!  Glad the way things fell made it impossible for anyone to re-match until the final.  Sort of worked out like a World Cup format. 

Hess won that first matchup, so I guess if they meet up, he'd win the title by default?  Not sure how to handle that, but let's cross that bridge when we get there....

I like that plan, though I might not be able to post the matchup on Saturday.  I could post it Friday, set up a 72-hour voting window, then people could maybe bump it when possible?

No problem.  If you set it up on Friday, I will make sure to bump it once or twice over the weekend so we don't fall off of the first page.

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

No home team bias there lol 

Ha!

Though to be fair, long before he drafted Namath, Riggins and Klecko I had Hess' team as my top roster.  Bo Jackson, Chris Carter, and Megatron in his skill group sets apart his offense, and Deion and Randle make his defense scary too. 

56 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ha!

Though to be fair, long before he drafted Namath, Riggins and Klecko I had Hess' team as my top roster.  Bo Jackson, Chris Carter, and Megatron in his skill group sets apart his offense, and Deion and Randle make his defense scary too. 

All true. My secondary was solid but Hess managed to sprinkle elite players across every unit. Smart tactic. That's a very good team.

Thanks @Jetsfan80  , you're really saving the day. I shouldn't have been so bold to pretend i could do an adequate job with the boy in recovery here at home - just not find the time (consistently) to come online and manage this. 

We're down to the final stretch for the Bush Barons

Go Jets

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I DEMAND A RECOUNT! @King P is in bed with Russia. He will deny it.

j/k. I don't think the voting showed how evenly matched our teams were, but can't disagree much with KingP moving on.

This was fun. Hope to be a part of it next time too. Thanks @Paradis, @Jetsfan80, @Lith for everything you put into this!

Yours was one of my favorites

but I think Wilson killed you 

Archived