July Madness: All Time Draft Discussion Thread

Lith

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I've been able to assemble everyone's lineup except @#27TheDominator's.  The error there is he only has 4 O-Linemen.  Not sure if that was already resolved. 

Dom was using Bednarik as his Center.  I think he was going to play him two ways -- C & LB, so he used the roster flexibility to draft a nickel back.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I've been able to assemble everyone's lineup except @#27TheDominator's.  The error there is he only has 4 O-Linemen.  Not sure if that was already resolved. 

Thanks.  Sorry.  I have been on vacation.  I am playing Bednarick at C.  I thought I posted that about 10 times, but I forget that nobody pays attention to me! Against Stark I would rest Bednarick on D because he plays 3 WRs.  Just use the Bednarick 3-4 on shorter yardage/run situations.  I would use the Hammer as a nickel and to help contain Cunningham. I can try and post something if it is not too late.  

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 1:22 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

@nyjunc you need to replace one of your skill players with a UDFA offensive lineman. 

I have 5 OL, I need to release a DL and add a LB.  I will release Neil Smith and add:

LB Chad Brown(3x PB, 2x 1st team all pro)

Offense

QB Otto Graham

RB Lenny Moore

RB Tiki Barber

TE Shannon Sharpe

WR Don Hutson

WR Gary Clark

LT Anthony Munoz

LG Lou Creekmur

C Tom Nalen

RG Bob Kuechenberg

RT Marvin Powell

Defense:

DE Willie Davis

DT Randy White

DT ted Washington

DE Andy Robustelli

OLB Chris Spielman

MLB Joe Schmidt

OLB Chad Brown

CB Darrelle Revis

FS Dwight Hicks

SS Nolan Cromwell

CB Hanford Dixon

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I do not know what kind of format I am supposed to use and I can't download anything here unless it is something simple to do on the phone.

Elway QB

Priest Holmes RB

Keith Byars FB/TE

Ron Yary RT

Jerry Kramer RG

Chuck Bednarik C

Will Shields LG

Mike Kenn LT

Julio Jones WR

Roy Green WR 

Bob Hayes Slot

I would pull Holmes at times and run Night Train for 4 WR sets.  Bubble screens and jet sweeps for Hayes and Green

DE Buck Buchanan

NT Jamal Williams

DE Rulon Jones

OLB Rickey Jackson

MLB Bill Bergey

OLB Shawne Merriman

CB Night Train Lane

CB Roger Wehrli

S Jake Scott

S Deron Cherry

Nickel Fred Williamson

I can put Bednarik back in the lineup for short yardage - both Cherry and Scott are more than capable in coverage - Williamson is a bigger corner that can be used in run support and to contain Cunningham.  Stark runs 3-wide, so I would probably keep the 5 DBs on the field unless he is running a refrigerator style defensive lineman at FB type play.  His WRs are all bigger and not quite as fast, so I would be cheating safeties up a bit and trying to funnel any caught balls to get pounded by Bergey as much as possible. 

3 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I used the app team line up. A few of us did. It’s simple. 

CDB7C9E6-CCF5-4AE6-8E78-F5B272FB312E.jpeg

Thanks.  I just typed a bunch of crap out above.  I can try an app if that is not good enough, but I would have to use my phone and my typing on there leaves much to be desired - when you see a ton of extra words, misspellings and no capital letters, that usually means I posted from the phone.

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Thanks.  I just typed a bunch of crap out above.  I can try an app if that is not good enough, but I would have to use my phone and my typing on there leaves much to be desired - when you see a ton of extra words, misspellings and no capital letters, that usually means I posted from the phone.

I only use my phone. I haven’t had a computer in 10 years. 

For the record, it pained me to leave Marion Motley undrafted. I really wanted to pick him up as a short yardage guy to taunt @T0mShane for taunting me about picking guys from the 1952 Browns. @nyjunc is starting Otto Graham, so it isn't a complete loss. 

I felt I needed the versatility that Byars offered. Byars is the type of guy that almost assuredly is not one of the top guys to play, but he can fill in the voids and let the other superstars do their thing without worrying about less important things. He has enough pedigree (#10 overall, consensus all-america, led NCAA in yards and TDs, caught, ran for, threw and kick return for TD in college, caught, ran, threw in NFL) to belong with the cream of the crop. 

Here's the most up-to-date standings.  The Top 16 will advance once we've made it through all 11 first round matchups.

1.  @Long Island Leprechaun (96 %)

2.  @HawkeyeJet (64.29 %)

3.  @Patriot Killa (62.07 %)

4.  @greenwichjetfan (60.98 %)

5.  @HessStation (54.05 %)

6.  @Jetsfan80 (50 %)

@Jetlife33 (50 %)

8.  @King P (45.95 %)

9.  @T0mShane (39.02 %)

10.  @nycdan (37.93 %)

11.  @New York Mick (35.71 %)

12.  @BigO (4 %)

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Here's the most up-to-date standings.  The Top 16 will advance once we've made it through all 11 first round matchups.

4.  @greenwichjetfan (60 %)

6.  @Jetsfan80 (50 %)

@Jetlife33 (50 %)

8.  @King P (45.95 %)

9.  @T0mShane (40 %)

10.  @nycdan (37.93 %)

12.  @BigO (4 %)

Burn in hell, Jedediah. 

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You're welcome @Jetlife33.  The matchup was 16-11 me yesterday.  After bumping it twice, its now 16-16.  lol. 

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You're welcome @Jetlife33.  The matchup was 16-11 me yesterday.  After bumping it twice, its now 16-16.  lol. 

Russian trolls have arrived to sow chaos.

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

4.  @greenwichjetfan (60 %)

6.  @Jetsfan80 (50 %)

@Jetlife33 (50 %)

8.  @King P (45.95 %)

9.  @T0mShane (40 %)

10.  @nycdan (37.93 %)

12.  @BigO (4 %)

Me and BigO are ****ed. Zero chance of advancing. 

The next 2 matchups have been posted:  Dom vs. Stark and Untouchable vs Sourceworx.  2 more tough matchups!

Only 3 more 1st round matchups remain to be posted.  I figure we can just knock out all 3 tomorrow?

Obrien2Toon

JiF

Paradis

Dunnie

nyjunc

ballinpb

The Shane/greenwich and 80/JL33 matchups have gone final.  Here are the updated standings:

4.  @greenwichjetfan (60.98 %)

6.  @Jetsfan80 (51.52 %)

7.  @Jetlife33 (48.48 %)

8.  @King P (45.95 %)

9.  @T0mShane (39.02 %)

10.  @nycdan (37.93 %)

12.  @BigO (4 %)

17 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The next 2 matchups have been posted:  Dom vs. Stark and Untouchable vs Stark.  2 more tough matchups!

Only 3 more 1st round matchups remain to be posted.  I figure we can just knock out all 3 tomorrow?

Obrien2Toon

JiF

Paradis

Dunnie

nyjunc

ballinpb

I don't get it.  Stark is playing twice?  

nyjunc is dropping guys and making waiver claims? Is he doing it in the right thread or is he still picking guys that were already picked? ;)

Updated standings, with the two current matchups included as they stand currently:

2.  @UntouchableCrew (71.88 %)

3.  @HawkeyeJet (64.29 %)

4.  @Patriot Killa (62.07 %)

5.  @greenwichjetfan (60.98 %)

6.  @Stark (56.25 %)

7.  @HessStation (54.05 %)

8.  @Jetsfan80 (51.52 %)

9.  @Jetlife33 (48.48 %)

10.  @King P (45.95 %)

11.  @#27TheDominator (43.75 %)

12.  @T0mShane (39.02 %)

13.  @nycdan (37.93 %)

14.  @New York Mick (35.71 %)

15.  @sourceworx (28.13 %)

16.  @BigO (4 %)

My match presentation (I'll be at work @Jetsfan80;)

BUSH BARONS

X8gA2tM.png

Offense: A Weiss/McDaniels spinoff with the Brady-sandbox playcalling... the offense runs through Foster w/ play action to Graham and Chrebet (yea, Tom Brady and Wayne Chrebet.... imagine

• QB: Tom Brady
  • RB: Arian Foster
  • WRs: AJ Green, Reggie Wayne & Wayne Chrebet
  • TE: Jimmy Graham
  • Oline: Joe Thomas, Russ Grimm, LeCharles Bentley, Lincoln Kennedy, Jason Peters

Defense: Running an aggressive Shwartz-esque 4-3 that flexes into 5-2 often -- (Tamba Hali dropping down) and focuses on disrupting play timing and the pass rush. Like every man into the backfield - stuff. Between Miller/Sapp/Jenkins/Kearse.... I feel confident we can take some chances -- the Barons will survive with Willis and Lynch on CYA duty. Deangelo adds versatility as a FS who can easily slide into Nickle coverage if needed.

• Dline: Von Miller, Warren Sapp, Kris Jenkins, Jevon Kearse
  • LBs: Patrick Willis, Tamba Hali, Mo Lewis
  • CBs: Lester "the molester" Hayes, and Terence Newman
  • Safety: John Lynch & Deangelo Hall

You can't win both battles when you're in the bush... One of Baron's two units is going to control the game. 

13 minutes ago, Paradis said:

My match presentation (I'll be at work @Jetsfan80;)

BUSH BARONS

X8gA2tM.png

Offense: A Weiss/McDaniels spinoff with the Brady-sandbox playcalling... the offense runs through Foster w/ play action to Graham and Chrebet (yea, Tom Brady and Wayne Chrebet.... imagine

• QB: Tom Brady
  • RB: Arian Foster
  • WRs: AJ Green, Reggie Wayne & Wayne Chrebet
  • TE: Jimmy Graham
  • Oline: Joe Thomas, Russ Grimm, LeCharles Bentley, Lincoln Kennedy, Jason Peters

Defense: Running an aggressive Shwartz-esque 4-3 that flexes into 5-2 often -- (Tampa Hali dropping down) and focuses on disrupting play timing and pass rush. Like every man into the backfield - type. Between Von Miller, Warren Sapp, Kris Jenkins, Kearse and Hali.... I feel confident the Barons will survive with Willis and Lynch pulling CYA duty. Deangelo adds versatility as a FS who can easily pick up a man when need be.

• DLINE: Von Miller, Warren Sapp, Kris Jenkins, Jevon Kearse
  • LBs: Patrick Willis, Tamba Hali, Mo Lewis
  • Corners: Lester "the molester" Hayes, and Terence Newman
  • Safeties: John Lynch & Deangelo Hall

You can win both battles. One of these two units is going to control the game. 

Thanks!  

I think I'll stagger the final 3 matchups tomorrow.  The 2 that were posted today are not close, so there isn't a huge detriment to starting the next day's matchups early.  I'll try to do one at 10 AM, one at noon, and the last at 2.  

The first of the 3 final matchups of Round 1.  @Dunnie - @Paradis and @nyjunc - @BallinPB will be posted at about noon and 2 PM, respectively.  

The 2 matchups from yesterday probably won't get too many more votes, if any.  Here's the updated standings.  I've put a line where the "score to beat" is.  Teams above that line are safe, for now.  Teams below the line are in very serious danger of elimination.

BigO and New York Mick are officially eliminated.  Barring a major comeback in the final 4+ hours of that matchup, sourceworx is out too. 

* = clinched Round 2 spot

1.  * @Long Island Leprechaun (96 %)

2.  * @UntouchableCrew (71.88 %)

3.  * @HawkeyeJet (64.29 %)

4.  * @Patriot Killa (62.07 %)

5.  * @greenwichjetfan (60.98 %)

6.  * @Stark (54.55 %)

7.  * @HessStation (54.05 %)

8.  * @Jetsfan80 (51.52 %)

9.  * @Jetlife33 (48.48 %)

10.  * @King P (45.95 %)

--------------------------------------------------------

11.  @#27TheDominator (45.45 %)

12.  @T0mShane (39.02 %)

13.  @nycdan (37.93 %)

14.  @New York Mick (35.71 %)  -- ELIMINATED

15.  @sourceworx (28.13 %) -- ELIMINATED

16.  @BigO (4 %) -- ELIMINATED

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The first of the 3 final matchups of Round 1.  @Dunnie - @Paradis and @nyjunc - @BallinPB will be posted at about noon and 2 PM, respectively.  

The 2 matchups from yesterday probably won't get too many more votes, if any.  Here's the updated standings.  I've put a line where the "score to beat" is.  Teams above that line are safe, for now.  Teams below the line are in very serious danger of elimination.

BigO and New York Mick are officially eliminated.  Barring a major comeback in the final 4+ hours of that matchup, sourceworx is out too. 

2.  @UntouchableCrew (71.88 %)

3.  @HawkeyeJet (64.29 %)

4.  @Patriot Killa (62.07 %)

5.  @greenwichjetfan (60.98 %)

6.  @Stark (56.25 %)

7.  @HessStation (54.05 %)

8.  @Jetsfan80 (51.52 %)

9.  @Jetlife33 (48.48 %)

10.  @King P (45.95 %)

--------------------------------------------------------

11.  @#27TheDominator (43.75 %)

12.  @T0mShane (39.02 %)

13.  @nycdan (37.93 %)

14.  @New York Mick (35.71 %)  -- ELIMINATED

15.  @sourceworx (28.13 %)

16.  @BigO (4 %) -- ELIMINATED

Bad draw for me. I think I had one of the stronger teams. 

26 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Bad draw for me. I think I had one of the stronger teams. 

Honestly, a big reason you lost the matchup, to me, was taking Joe Montana over Lawrence Taylor at # 2 overall.  Montana was undeniably great, but QB was a position you could afford to wait on in this format.  Taylor is so far and away the best pass rusher, he makes whatever team he's on instantly have a huge edge. 

Hawkeye is set up to be the # 2 overall seed with LT.  He has Terry Bradshaw as his QB.  Not special by any means, but serviceable.  It doesn't hurt that he doubled down on the pass rush by also grabbing Andre Tippett and Lee Roy Selmon.

43 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Honestly, a big reason you lost the matchup, to me, was taking Joe Montana over Lawrence Taylor at # 2 overall.  Montana was undeniably great, but QB was a position you could afford to wait on in this format.  Taylor is so far and away the best pass rusher, he makes whatever team he's on instantly have a huge edge. 

Hawkeye is set up to be the # 2 overall seed with LT.  He has Terry Bradshaw as his QB.  Not special by any means, but serviceable.  It doesn't hurt that he doubled down on the pass rush by also grabbing Andre Tippett and Lee Roy Selmon.

My front 7 has a just as much if not more passrush as Hawkeye with Montana. Obviously LT was great but I’d put him, White and Jones at the same level. As I said my line was set up to block LT. His line has Woody blocking on an all time team. Huge weakness. Bradshaw would of been killed. 

Despite first round losses, @Jetlife33 and @King P Round 2 spots along with the 8 first round winners.  While neither of them can be seeded any higher than 12 for the 2nd round, at least they're in!

With Mick, Source, and BigO eliminated, that just leaves things up to today's matchups to determine the fates of Dom, Shane and nycdan. 6 playoff spots are up for grabs at the moment, with 3 of them coming from the pool of 1st round losers.

@#27TheDominator made a nice comeback today to put himself on the good side of the bubble. 

The final matchup of Round 1, @nyjunc vs. @BallinPB, has been posted.

Below are the updated standings, with the live matchups included and subject to change:

* = Round 2 spot clinched

1.  * @Long Island Leprechaun (96 %)

2.  @BallinPB (75 %)

3.  * @UntouchableCrew (71.88 %)

4.  * @HawkeyeJet (64.29 %)

5.  * @Patriot Killa (62.07 %)

6.  * @greenwichjetfan (60.98 %)

7.  * @Stark (54.55 %)

8.  * @HessStation (54.05 %)

9.  @Paradis (53.57 %)

10.  @JiF (51.72 %)

11.  * @Jetsfan80 (51.52 %)