Adams Says Some ’17 Jets “Wanted to do the bare minimum”

JetNation

5 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

What is it with jet fans on here that makes Adams so polarizing? I don't get it. Anything he says is dissected to the bones. Every jet fan I know loves Adams. But then again my jet fan friends are not crotchety old white guys who get their panties in a bunch when they see an uppity black kid open his mouth. At least that's how it comes off to me on here. 

Sarah Jeong, is that you?

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, RSJ said:

We will see what happens this year. To pretend he was great last season isn’t accurate at all. He was less than average.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Or, you can just point out that the Jets spent the sixth overall on a safety that some people think is great and he had zero impact on the won/loss total.

What is it with jet fans on here that makes Adams so polarizing? I don't get it. Anything he says is dissected to the bones. Every jet fan I know loves Adams. But then again my jet fan friends are not crotchety old white guys who get their panties in a bunch when they see an uppity black kid open his mouth. At least that's how it comes off to me on here. 

My only response to this is that if Jamal Adams was white:

1. He’d still get criticized for talking too much, and

2. That 4.58/40 he ran at the Combine would be easier to wrap your head around.

Just now, T0mShane said:

My only response to this is that if Jamal Adams was white:

1. He’d still get criticized for talking too much, and

2. That 4.58/40 he ran at the Combine would be easier to wrap your head around.

What Adams told us is not even news. We already knew this. 

Doing the bare minimum is "being there and being there on time". It is verified that Wilkerson and Richardson had even trouble with this. NO NEWS HERE.

Adams even told you the perpetrators are "no longer with the team".

If Adams told some of you that "man has walked on the moon", he would be told to shut up and stop telling us gravity is a force.

Gosh, the agendas here with some.

5 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Adams even told you the perpetrators are "no longer with the team".

If, as you say, the perpetrators were consistently late, then the actual perpetrator is Todd Bowles for allowing such a clear offense go unpunished. A reporter would be wise to get Antonio Cromartie’s take on Adams’ comments, since Cro was a huge beneficiary of Todd’s indifference.

You know the amount of talking Adams has done it's hard to believe he is only a second year player. So if he plays like he did last year will it be considered a Sophomore Slump?

Some of the President's greatest hits (or lack thereof):

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If, as you say, the perpetrators were consistently late, then the actual perpetrator is Todd Bowles for allowing such a clear offense go unpunished. A reporter would be wise to get Antonio Cromartie’s take on Adams’ comments, since Cro was a huge beneficiary of Todd’s indifference.

Both are no longer with team. Both spent time on the bench. I know Wilkerson was fined.

Question, if you are late for work, whose fault is that? You, or your boss's? Or, put another way, If a Jamal Adams piece shows up on JN, and you do not respond in 10 minutes, is that on you, or Max?

Race card pulled and  verified. ALL WE ARE SAYING IS PLAY LIKE YOU TALK. If Adams backed it up on the field his mouth would not be an issue. When you talk an ALL-PRO game but play like a daisy it gets tired. Back it up on the field. Is that too much to ask?

I dont think Victor Green could pull this off and he was 20 times the safety Adams will most likely ever be.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
I have a feeling VGs career will be eclipsed by adams ... I liked green but did he ever make the pro bowl ? I honestly can't remember... He had around 20-25 picks and abt 900 tackles I believe.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

If it’s about his skin color, please identify the white rookie who’s talked as much and delivered as little as Jamal Adams.  Better yet, name another NFL player who’s talked as much and delivered as little as Jamal Adams?

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

If it’s about his skin color, please identify the white rookie who’s talked as much and delivered as little as Jamal Adams.  Better yet, name another NFL player who’s talked as much and delivered as little as Jamal Adams?

Jamal Adams is actually a very talented young player. It’s only the SOJ fans that whine about him. I find it interesting when he makes a comment that the SOJ fans say all the time you guys jump all over him. 

2 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Jamal Adams is actually a very talented young player. It’s only the SOJ fans that whine about him. I find it interesting when he makes a comment that the SOJ fans say all the time you guys jump all over him. 

This doesn’t answer either of the questions in my post, so I’m not sure why you responded to the post.

You know the amount of talking Adams has done it's hard to believe he is only a second year player. So if he plays like he did last year will it be considered a Sophomore Slump?
image.png.afa72ef167e279121f46e924b4ee6efe.pngimage.png.44cd62cb39d616c0101c7477fd74f4dc.pngimage.thumb.png.5c4ec104bd6ae763595011c8358a3b9c.png
Here is a refresher for you ... Oh yeah ... And he was a rookie.

4 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Whom everyone hated.

Interesting.  Though I’m not sure Manziel talked as much.  He just got drunk, no?

How about Josh Norman and his swagger? His rookie year was no great shakes. 

Or Adam's teammate, Donte Jackson, who has not played a down yet.

The NFL is rife with mouthy young DB's. Do I love all the talk? No. 

But the Jets have also had too many shrinking violets, that shy away from the spotlight when the team needs someone that can take the heat.

35 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Lol so he didn’t have successful moments on the field last year ? Y’all really don’t think rookies are suppose to have ups and down in there rookie season huh 

6 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

Is it never OK to critique an underachieving smack talking african american player?

Please provide the situational parameters.

1 minute ago, Kleckineau said:

Is it never OK to critique an underachieving smack talking african american player?

I am not sure that I have seen Adams downplay the abilities (my definition of smack talk) of other players in the NFL. 

he says so much, and I may have missed it, but I do not see him talking much smack. He seems to keep it to himself and his own team. 

I may be wrong

I guess if he was underachieving I might agree with you ... But since he had a very successful rookie season .. I'd say stfu to the naysayers. Please see the above highlight reel to reaquaint yourself with reality.

10 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Here is a refresher for you ... Oh yeah ... And he was a rookie.

Okay. He was a rookie that talks like he was an ALL-PRO.Talk is cheap. Back it up on the field and Adams will get no more grief from me.

12 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

The 3rd leading tackler on the team who was a pro bowl alternate in his rookie year . Underachieved ?? Interesting 

22 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Lol so he didn’t have successful moments on the field last year ? Y’all really don’t think rookies are suppose to have ups and down in there rookie season huh 

The guy brings it on himself. Sure rookies have their ups and downs but to hear Adams tell it you would think he had an ALL WORLD year. When the guy drafted a round later than you had a better year you would think he would shut-up and play not give himself a nickname.

1 minute ago, JetFaninMI said:

The guy brings it on himself. Sure rookies have their ups and downs but to hear Adams tell it you would think he had an ALL WORLD year. When the guy drafted a round later than you had a better year you would think he would shut-up and play not give himself a nickname.

Could you show me a tweet or a quote where he is coming off acting like he is all world?? 

2 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Mouthy little guy:

Adams on Wednesday didn't back down from his Pro Bowl guarantee tweet. 

"I stand by it," he said. 

But he doesn't think he played at a Pro Bowl level this year, after the Jets drafted him sixth overall. 

"Not at all," he said. "I hold myself to a higher standard." 

3 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Can you show me one where he doesn't? The guy gave himself a nickname. Usually you have to earn one right?

There are locker rooms that prefer someone be the media magnet, so that others can just go about their jobs. 

I will not pretend, like some here, to know how Adams teammates view him, or his quotes, as that would just be wrong.

But again, sometimes having the press gather at one player often takes the heat and pressure off the others, particularly those that would rather get their work done. The jets have not always had that player

8 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Mouthy little guy:

But he doesn't think he played at a Pro Bowl level this year, after the Jets drafted him sixth overall. 

The horror! We could have gotten this from the 6th round just the same!

7 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Mouthy little guy:

Until he does it on the field it's all bullsh*t. Can you imagine if he doesn't make the Pro bowl now? Wow talk about digging a hole.

8 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Can you show me one where he doesn't? The guy gave himself a nickname. Usually you have to earn one right?

I have heard that nickname since his LSU days . His teammates call him it on the his post all the time .. but then again Someone’s nickname isn’t a big deal to me .  But anyway how does that make him come off as acting like he is all world ? 

10 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I don’t believe it does, Tom. I have no desire to google anything regarding Jamal Adams for you. I would find that to be a huge waste of time, as you would just pop a witty yet nearly senseless line about his interception total and then I would feel as though my initial effort in trying to prove you wrong would become a joke....Because you do not care. 

He’s forever cemented in your mind as a terrible player after 1 year, so I see no purpose in doing that.

ps.

What does his teammates liking him have to do with calling out some BS? You are very random fellow, Tom.

Lol,Trolls be a trollin'. Good for Adams in WANTING to be a leader . Too many of them hide behind their "political correctness " and never dare say an questionable word or go out on a limb and actually demand that everyone puts in 150%.

This guy and I hope many other Jet players want to be winners...now his bold words need to be backed up by actions.

I am so looking forward to this season!

Archived