Redskins - Jets Joint Practices: Days 2 & 3

Lith

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lith said:

Skins secondary looking like a bunch of punks

Holy fuk. What a bunch of immature idiots. Like really? It's practice and you gonna talk so much and pretend to throw a punch? I almost wish Pryor knocked him out. 

1. 1 retweet1 like

Nice moment after the final practice in Richmond. Teddy Bridgewater, Sam Darnold and Josh McCown pose for pictures with #Jets fans.

Dkkr-oqXoAArz7u.jpg

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Not surprising with Beachum & Winters out. Maccs horrible Oline depth rearing its ugly head jeopardizing our young bucks health. 

Seriously - I mean he we should have at least one all-pro backing up the guard spots just like every other team?

Geezus - the team lost 2 starters.  Do you see other NFL teams with great players stepping in?  Did I miss that there are 96 good OTs in the league so everyone has a good backup?

2 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Signing autographs for Skins fans is super classy. This kid is going to promote this organization like a pro. 

Skins fans probably thinking how lucky they are that the Giants passed on him.

1 minute ago, BCJet said:

Seriously - I mean he we should have at least one all-pro backing up the guard spots just like every other team?

Geezus - the team lost 2 starters.  Do you see other NFL teams with great players stepping in?  Did I miss that there are 96 good OTs in the league so everyone has a good backup?

Whoa, BCJet don't be going all skins DBs on me like they did to Pryor today. Like Pryor making one handed catches, maybe I was a bit lax while criticizing the oline.

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

Skins fans probably thinking how lucky they are that the Giants passed on him.

That's pretty funny! Skins fans watching, "holy sh*t! thank god those idiot Giants passed on this Darnold kid, imagine him in the division 15-20 years!". 

Another heavy workload for Sam Darnold, who took 23 of 31 first-team reps in the final practice before Thursday night's game against the Redskins. Josh McCown got five reps with the starters, Teddy Bridgewater three. All told, Darnold took 28 reps, completing 13 of 19 passes. The highlight was a six-play TD drive in a two-minute period at the end of practice. He made a couple a long sideline completions to TE Jordan Leggett. Not surprisingly, Todd Bowles declined to name his starter for Thursday. All signs point to Darnold.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fcimini_
Rich Cimini, ESPN Staff Writer

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

Tweets

From a Washington POV

JP FinlayVerified account @JPFinlayNBCS
    Sam Darnold looks legit folks. Been real impressed today
    1 retweet1 like

Sam Darnold touchdown. A strike to Walford on skinny post for 20-yard TD. Entire #Jets sideline erupts, led by Jamal Adams. That drive came against #Redskins starters.

Oh Baby ! Eat that skins.

9 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Whoa, BCJet don't be going all skins DBs on me like they did to Pryor today. Like Pryor making one handed catches, maybe I was a bit lax while criticizing the oline.

Im just frustrated with the constant criticism that Mac hasnt addressed the offensive line enough and yet the people who hammer away at that narrative never have good examples of where we missed on someone.  I posted this in another thread:

When exactly did Mac pass on some cant miss LT to take this infamous BPA?

Mac passed on 2 LTs in the Leo draft - Ereck Flowers (he should get an award for that) and Andrus Peat, who is a fine player but no better then Leo

In the Lee draft he tried to trade up for Tunsil (is he even good) but didnt have a shot to get Taylor Lewan or Jack Conklin who were both excellent prospects.

Last year the first tackle was Garrett Bolles who would have a been an extraordinary reach at 6.

Our Oline has holes, no question.  But for everyone ripping Mac for not addressing it, where are your examples where he made a mistake?  Ive mentioned in the other Mac-Oline-Bashing threads that I was floored that he passed on Pat Eflein when he traded down and took stewart.  Elflein was a great college player, who fell further then people thought and fit a need.  Ill never understand why he didnt take him.  But other then that I dont see concrete examples of where he missed on a lineman.

Mac has traded up for Brandon Shell, a RT who has improved each year.  He resigned winters after a good season and he unfortunately got hurt in 2017.  He signed Beachem and Spencer Long and also signed Carpenter who has been a god jet.  

He hasnt been perfect but Oline has been a tough find in the draft for the whole league lately, we arent that different.

I think you could also argue that with our cap space we could have possibly signed Ryan Jensen and Long for good interior depth, but for some reason Jensen was never really mentioned as an option here, but I certainly wouldnt have complained about it given how much cap space we have.

The draft followers on this site (myself included) have watched good prospects like Germain Ifedi (seattle), Jason Spriggs, and Jake Fischer all fall WAY below expectations, and all three are worse players then Brandon Shell.  All im saying is that the complaints that we have missed on edge rushers is a lot more valid given the success of mid-round OLB/DEs that Mac missed on then the narrative that we are consistently shunning the Oline. 

3 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Not discussing injuries during the season, I get it. Don't want to give any competitive advantage. But what is the big deal about saying he broke his ankle in May when it seems to be fully healed? 

Bowles has a rule about players discussing injuries. Wants them to leave it to him to discuss any injury.

•  
  •  

Todd Bowles rarely criticizes a player publicly, but he slammed WR Terrelle Pryor for admitting to reporters yesterday that his ankle surgery in the spring was actually to repair a fracture. Bowles has a rule about players discussing injuries and Pryor was likely fined. Bowles: "Terrelle doesn't need to be descriptive. I feel that he should keep his mouth shut and leave the injuries to me. I've already handled it. We had a conversation."

Hopefully this joint practice week with the Skins made the jets a better team. It’s probably refreshing being able to go up against someone other than your teammates. Although it seemed like a hostile environment and the Skins acted childish, I’m hoping it makes the Jets a stronger tougher team as we approach the regular season. 

1 minute ago, Jetlife33 said:

Hopefully this joint practice week with the Skinks made the jets a better team. It’s probably refreshing being able to go up against someone other than your teammates. Although it seemed like a hostile environment and the Skins acted childish, I’m hoping it makes the Jets a stronger tougher team as we approach the regular season. 

At the very least it gave them a good idea where they're at, even though the Skins aren't all that good either.

1. 0 replies1 retweet1 like      1      1  
  2.   lW31qU_D_bigger.jpeg&key=06c920cb943a27adaf367533d0b908dcad6217585823e82e18573d95b930b1aaRich Cimini‏Verified account @RichCimini 3m3 minutes ago

Nice moment after the final practice in Richmond. Teddy Bridgewater, Sam Darnold and Josh McCown pose for pictures with #Jets fans.

Dkkr-oqXoAArz7u.jpg&key=6eefbdd08428a73beb2cd5d6080f8d4eb8c3cd2522a207e4098604c4f7f21727 0 replies0 retweets0 likes              

3 stand up guys

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Not surprising with Beachum & Winters out. Maccs horrible Oline depth rearing its ugly head jeopardizing our young bucks health. 

Macc has done some good things, but I am violently opposed to his stance on the OL. He actually has stated he does not like using high draft picks on OL. I could not disagree with that more. To me the OL (next to QB which is in a different category by itself) the #1 priority for building a team is OL, followed DL. In my opinion though you can develop a far more competent DL with second tier players than OL, where second tier players just cannot get it down. Drafting 2 first round OL solidified this team for 10 years. Macc needs to wake up. OL is more important that edge rusher as well.

Another heavy workload for Sam Darnold, who took 23 of 31 first-team reps in the final practice before Thursday night's game against the Redskins. Josh McCown got five reps with the starters, Teddy Bridgewater three. All told, Darnold took 28 reps, completing 13 of 19 passes. The highlight was a six-play TD drive in a two-minute period at the end of practice. He made a couple a long sideline completions to TE Jordan Leggett. Not surprisingly, Todd Bowles declined to name his starter for Thursday. All signs point to Darnold.

Rich Cimini, ESPN Staff Writer29m ago

18 minutes ago, flgreen said:
  •  
  •  

Todd Bowles rarely criticizes a player publicly, but he slammed WR Terrelle Pryor for admitting to reporters yesterday that his ankle surgery in the spring was actually to repair a fracture. Bowles has a rule about players discussing injuries and Pryor was likely fined. Bowles: "Terrelle doesn't need to be descriptive. I feel that he should keep his mouth shut and leave the injuries to me. I've already handled it. We had a conversation."

Well, now we know where Todd’s red line is: not letting him lie about your injuries.

Archived