Jets interested in Fowler Jr.

prime21

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

You guys ever wonder if trading for dudes that other teams want to get rid of is a good idea? 

They don't... "STB" guys are like slot players.  Mindlessly pushing buttons hoping for a jackpot.  They forget why the Jets look to trade guys like Sheldumb and Calvin Pryor.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Your madden franchise is probably sick

Lol, if I still played it would be.

IF the Raiders, and Jaguars are willing to part with Fowler, and Mack the Jets have the pieces to get it done.

Jeez imagine a world where Carr gets lost for the season this week (I am in no way hoping, or rooting for him to get hurt, or any other player for that matter) Gruden might go all Gruden, and do a TBW, and 3rd rounder for Mack, without a QB Gruden has zero interest in coaching the upcoming season.

Just logged looked at a Jags fan forum and these guys are hilarious.

"Fowler for Jamal Adams straight up"

"Not taking anything less than a 1st for Fowler"

"I'm not even interested if it's not for a 2nd rounder"

Yeah speaking of Campbell that’s what the Jets we’re supposed to get when they drafted Leo Williams, Campbell basically wrecked havoc on every single play in the playoffs last year for the Jaguars, he pumped up a lot of other guys sack totals, and Fowler is probably one of them, but it’s nice to know when given the opportunity Fowler can capitalize on someone else laying it up for you so you can slam it home like Fowler did vs Brady in the AFCCG last year.
I'm not a fan of the 3-4. Besides the Jets no longer have any players left from Rex DL so why bother continuing the same scheme. I know colleges have started playing more 3-4 but it's harder to evaluate a 4-3 DE to NFL OLB...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, SR24 said:

How is that hilarious?  If Fowler is even half as good as you guys think he is he’s worth 5 Jamal Adamses

3 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

I'm not a fan of the 3-4. Besides the Jets no longer have any players left from Rex DL so why bother continuing the same scheme. I know colleges have started playing more 3-4 but it's harder to evaluate a 4-3 DE to NFL OLB...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Ha you think Bowles knows the difference between 3-4 and 4-3

4 minutes ago, SR24 said:

They sound no different from jets fans saying “ we should get a 2nd at least for Bridgewater lol

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

How is that hilarious?  If Fowler is even half as good as you guys think he is he’s worth 5 Jamal Adamses

a 1st rounder for a guy who'd team option was declined isn't pure delusion? or trading him straight up for a 2nd year rookie 6th overall? cmon that's funny

1 minute ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

They sound no different from jets fans saying “ we should get a 2nd at least for Bridgewater lol

This is sadly true lol my favorite is the "We can get a starting Olineman for TB" 

2 minutes ago, SR24 said:

a 1st rounder for a guy who'd team option was declined isn't pure delusion? or trading him straight up for a 2nd year rookie 6th overall? cmon that's funny

Jamal Adams should have never been drafted where he was if they did a redraft he’d be a second round pick.  A “ballhawk” who can’t intercept scrubs

Just now, j4jets said:

Classic Jets GM. Need OL and he’s got his nose stuck in the D. 

Where are we going to get a quality olineman via trade!?!? Our only shot was the guy from Oakland who just restructured his deal to say there 

7 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Yeah.  It is.  Here's a Jacksonville article about this. https://www.lockedonjaguars.com/jaguars/dante-fowler-jr-trade-market/

New York Jets

The New York Jets are in need of a pass rusher — badly. In 2017, the defense recorded a measly 28 sacks as a unit, good for fifth fewest in the NFL. The Jets added Nathan Shepherd in the third round of this year’s draft to fill Mohammed Wilkerson’s role at 5-technique defensive end in their 3-4 scheme, but made no changes to their starters at EDGE.

Enter Dante Fowler. Despite being a backup, Fowler has more sacks (12) in his career than Jordan Jenkins (5.5) and Josh Martin (2.5) — the Jets’ starters at EDGE — combined.

In the Jets scheme, Fowler would be a standing rusher, much like what he did in his college days at the University of Florida, and thrive off of interior pressure from DE Leonard Williams and Shepherd. This seems like a natural fit for Fowler, and considering the Jets’ need at the EDGE position, the Jaguars’ could drive their asking price up.

The Jets currently have a selection in every round of the 2019 draft except for the second, and every round in 2020. The Jaguars could realistically ask for a 2019 4th round pick and perhaps a conditional 6th or 7th in 2020, and the Jets have nearly $82 million in cap space (per Over The Cap) for the 2019 offseason that they could pay Fowler Jr. if they were to extend his contract.

Meanwhile articles in the very same city acknowledge Bridgewater would probably cost at least a 2nd rounder.   https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2018/8/20/17761174/should-the-jacksonville-jaguars-trade-for-teddy-bridgewater

Bortles is who he is — an inconsistent quarterback who can lose to Arizona one week and win a playoff game on the road in Pittsburgh the next. But this close to the season, is the risk of losing greater by putting a newly signed Bridgewater under center or staying with what you know in Bortles?

If this was a question in March, count me in on signing Teddy. As it stands right now, two weeks out from the regular season opener, I think Blake offers the greater chance of success for the team this year.

And if Jacoby Brissett is worth a reported second round draft pick, how much is Bridgewater worth? I don’t think the risk of Bortles being so bad that he’s benched is worth what would likely take a first round pick to get him as a backup.

Only some Jets fans think Fowler is worth as much as Bridgewater.

Just now, Philc1 said:

I agree I think Fowler sucks and is a headcase

While I do think he was overdrafted, I would gladly take his 10 sacks from last year. I'd hold on to Teddy though. Offer a conditional 5th that becomes a 4th if he eclipses 12 sacks or something. Not like Macs gonna do anything with the draft pick anyway

1 minute ago, SR24 said:

Where are we going to get a quality olineman via trade!?!? Our only shot was the guy from Oakland who just restructured his deal to say there 

There’s nobody available.  When it comes to OL you strike early and hard either draft or free agency.  Very rare that a Pete Kendall or Josh Sitton get cut out of nowhere and are available last second 

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

There’s nobody available.  When it comes to OL you strike early and hard either draft or free agency.  Very rare that a Pete Kendall or Josh Sitton get cut out of nowhere and are available last second 

Exactly my point. That's why all this "Trade Teddy for an olineman" talk is nuts. If anything I'd take a flyer on Joeckel on a 1 year deal we've got the cap for it 

3 minutes ago, SR24 said:

While I do think he was overdrafted, I would gladly take his 10 sacks from last year. I'd hold on to Teddy though. Offer a conditional 5th that becomes a 4th if he eclipses 12 sacks or something. Not like Macs gonna do anything with the draft pick anyway

Fowler had 8 sacks not 10 and that was his career high by far with Tom Coughlin sticking his foot in his rear end micromanaging him.  Fowler in NYC with Bowles drooling on himself would be a disaster

Quinton Coples had 6.5 sacks as a rookie playing interior DL

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Fowler has 8 sacks not 10 and that was his career high by far with Tom Coughlin sticking his foot in his rear end micromanaging him.  Fowler in NYC with Bowles drooling on himself would be a disaster

He had 8 sacks in the regular season and then 2 against New England in the playoffs.

I don’t think he’ll ever live up to his draft status, but he would instantly become our best pure passrusher and be a pretty sizable upgrade over guys like David Bass, Josh Martin and Dylan Donahue.

Bridgewater for Fowler and a 5th would be a pretty sweet move.

40 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Fowler is an idiot problem child.  Can’t wait to see him teamed up with empty suit Bowles will he be able to avoid prison?

Oh and he sucks

Perhaps but he is a better pass rusher than anyone we have at all.  Guys that a really good and have no issues never become available.

2 hours ago, slats said:

I'd think Mac would be dangling Bridgewater. Jags are emulating the 2009 NY Jets with Bortles in the Mark Sanchez role. 

I mean, if the WANT to take Darron Lee instead for Fowler, and then we could still trade Bridgewater, that would be fine too!

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

He had 8 sacks in the regular season and then 2 against New England in the playoffs.

I don’t think he’ll ever live up to his draft status, but he would instantly become our best pure passrusher and be a pretty sizable upgrade over guys like David Bass, Josh Martin and Dylan Donahue.

Bridgewater for Fowler and a 5th would be a pretty sweet move.

Fowler won’t make it through the season without getting into trouble and he won’t be as good as he was last year 

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Perhaps but he is a better pass rusher than anyone we have at all.  Guys that a really good and have no issues never become available.

We have the worst pass rushing OLBs in the nfl by far so yes I agree Fowler is an upgrade over Jenkins and Mauldin who both eat donkey balls

8 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Fowler had 8 sacks not 10 and that was his career high by far with Tom Coughlin sticking his foot in his rear end micromanaging him.  Fowler in NYC with Bowles drooling on himself would be a disaster

8 regular season 2 playoffs

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Id stay far away from fowler.  He has issues.

Dont make the same mistake u did w/ mo wilk and get stuck in a long term deal.

Find a pass rusher in the draft next year.

The only thing is Fowler wouldn’t be a monumental risk and mistake like Mac giving Wilkerson $100 million

If he comes here and self_destructs, we lose only what we give up in a trade which is probably Teddy and a mid round pick

Archived