Jets interested in Fowler Jr.

prime21

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Hey how many picks did Adams have last year?

WTF does that have to do with it?  

Hey, how many years has he played?  How dominant was Palomalu in his rookie season?  How many of you haters would be saying the same things about him? 

Sit stil and give it more than a year before trashing everyone, sounds foolish

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

It's really not. In the box safety is maybe the least important position in all of defense, and Adams was overdrafted significantly because people fell in love with his leadership. I would never draft any SS in the first round.

yeah, unless you dont understand football.

18 tackles a year ago for Fowler and is a off field problem.  Forgetting why they want to dump him. Nonsense on every level to say hes worth 5 Adams'.

4 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

if we start him and he plays well - and a contending team loses their qb - i think we get a 1st for him.    lots of if's there i understand.

Many ifs.. If he plays lights out, desperate team trying to make playoffs after their starter went down ? I still think it would be a second, unless there are two teams like that who doesn’t have a capable backup. We know the eagles do.

14 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Lol you wake up bud, TBW HAS shown he is fine while taking hits, AND scrambling already, the Seahawks traded the Jets Kearse, AND a 2nd rounder for Sheldon Richardson last year, so for you to think any contending team who is in a position to go for it would not throw a 2nd rounder the Jets way for TBW is you snoozing, 

So Mac is a genius you are saying ? Every team in nfl had chance to sign Bridgewater, nobody offered him anything. Jets barely. You are still not getting it. teams either saw or heard, he can run and move on the knee, still opted not to sign him for peanuts.. now you think they are going to offer a premium pick for what many knew he could do ? Lol. What they weren’t sure he can do, is take “ real hits” in “ real “ games. So until they do, their opinion has not changed much from when they decided not to even give him a mil to show up for camp.

13 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Ill be honest, I think we could trade Leo, Lee, Adams and Bridgewater and not really be a worse team

this line tells us all we need to know about why we are a mediocre team.  this is our last 3 first round picks.  

Imagine a world where the Jets drafted Jaylon Smith instead of Lee, Vic Beasley instead of Leo, M Lattimore, and Alvin Kamara over Adams, and Maye.  There are 2 street FA’s at the Safety position that can be plug, and play starters right now.

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Imagine a world where the Jets drafted Jaylon Smith instead of Lee, Vic Beasley instead of Leo, M Lattimore, and Alvin Kamara over Adams, and Maye.  There are 2 street FA’s at the Safety position that can be plug, and play starters right now.

David DeCastro can’t miss OL stud over yet another DL

Strengths: 
  • Edge pass-rusher 
  • Very athletic 
  • Fast get-off 
  • Agile 
  • Able to sink and flatten to the quarterback 
  • Good repertoire of pass-rushing moves 
  • Instincts 
  • Can bull rush 
  • Physical 
  • Can bully offensive linemen 
  • Puts quarterbacks into the turf with authority 
  • Dangerous spin and swim moves 
  • Instincts 
  • Great pursuit defender 
  • Lives in the backfield 
  • Consistent source of pass pressure 
  • Consistently produces splash plays 
  • Skilled at shedding blocks in pass rush 
  • Chases running backs down from the backside 
  • Has some pass-coverage potential 
  • Improved motor 
  • Tasty penis
  • Experienced, improved against double-teams 
  • Disruptive 
  • Causes havoc behind the line of scrimmage 
  • Uses hands well 
  • Can use his hands and feet at the same time 
  • Plays with good leverage 
  • Pad level 
  • Quickness 
  • Scheme versatility 
  • Should be able to play immediately 
  • Successful against elite competition 
  • Leadership 
  • Good character 
  • Toughness, plays banged up

8 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Imagine buying google and Amazon before they were over a 1000 dollars a share.  The retrospectoscope is always 20/20

19 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Without any prior knowledge of these players being who they turned out to be.. you wouldn’t have complained had we picked a CB at 6?

22 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

like we say in the investment business Hindsight capital has the best returns of all time. 

54 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

You do understand the significant knee injury Bridgewater suffered ? Out 2 full years ! though all the reports were it is fine now.. sure he ran for some teams. You think after only being offered the rock bottom price of 1 mil guaranteed he is all of a sudden a major prize ? Lol.. teams want to see him in a real games, not half ass pre season games. Now if Jets start him and he plays well in 3-4 games of season, and without getting hurt, we could get a 2nd. But not if he sits on the bench on his still unproven knee.. wake up bud 

Disagree with the bold. I think Teddy's demonstrated that he's healthy. He's taken a couple hits and is playing at a higher level than I expected. I don't think teams have to see him in the regular season to determine his trade value. There's a certain point when his trade value starts to go down as you get closer to the trade deadline, too (when teams will get less use out of the player and know that the Jets are in a position where either they get something now or get nothing). 

20 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Strengths: 
  • Edge pass-rusher 
  • Very athletic 
  • Fast get-off 
  • Agile 
  • Able to sink and flatten to the quarterback 
  • Good repertoire of pass-rushing moves 
  • Instincts 
  • Can bull rush 
  • Physical 
  • Can bully offensive linemen 
  • Puts quarterbacks into the turf with authority 
  • Dangerous spin and swim moves 
  • Instincts 
  • Great pursuit defender 
  • Lives in the backfield 
  • Consistent source of pass pressure 
  • Consistently produces splash plays 
  • Skilled at shedding blocks in pass rush 
  • Chases running backs down from the backside 
  • Has some pass-coverage potential 
  • Improved motor 
  • Experienced, improved against double-teams 
  • Disruptive 
  • Causes havoc behind the line of scrimmage 
  • Uses hands well 
  • Can use his hands and feet at the same time 
  • Plays with good leverage 
  • Pad level 
  • Quickness 
  • Scheme versatility 
  • Should be able to play immediately 
  • Successful against elite competition 
  • Leadership 
  • Good character 
  • Toughness, plays banged up

for a 4th ?.. yup !...

?

I don't get the obsession with Fowler. WHY? 

He has off field issues. Currently suspended. 

He is often injured. 

His production has been decent but nothing to get too excited about. 4 sacks in 2016, 8 in 2017. 

This is a contract year for him. So he may walk next year. 

Best case scenario the Jets trade for him, he has a very good year and stays healthy, and the Jets have to give him a ton of money to keep him. They can also just wait until next year and try to make a move for him then as a FA. Yes, I get that the Jags can franchise him, etc. But they probably will not. 

49 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

It's really not. In the box safety is maybe the least important position in all of defense, and Adams was overdrafted significantly because people fell in love with his leadership. I would never draft any SS in the first round.

You legitimately believe that in the era of the read option and packaged RPO, that an "in the box" safety, or SS, is the least important position on the defense?

6 minutes ago, slats said:

Disagree with the bold. I think Teddy's demonstrated that he's healthy. He's taken a couple hits and is playing at a higher level than I expected. I don't think teams have to see him in the regular season to determine his trade value. There's a certain point when his trade value starts to go down as you get closer to the trade deadline, too (when teams will get less use out of the player and know that the Jets are in a position where either they get something now or get nothing). 

How would his trade value go down if he is throwing gems of games ? Real games ? Lol. Especially when more qbs go down with injuries like they always do. Which also could be Bridgewater and then we get zip. I think Mac will not role that dice in effort to try to get more. He will take what he can before reg seasons  and move on with McCown and darnold.  

14 minutes ago, PepPep said:

He is often injured. 

His production has been decent but nothing to get too excited about. 4 sacks in 2016, 8 in 2017. 

Best case scenario the Jets trade for him, he has a very good year and stays healthy, and the Jets have to give him a ton of money to keep him. They can also just wait until next year and try to make a move for him then as a FA. Yes, I get that the Jags can franchise him, etc. But they probably will not. 

who had 8 sacks for the jets last year?

27 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Without any prior knowledge of these players being who they turned out to be.. you wouldn’t have complained had we picked a CB at 6?

I mean I would have complained like I did last year that it wasn’t Pat Mahomes, and taking myself out of the moment of the actual draft where regardless of position you can get a little more juiced about a player then you should at 6 like a SS I would complain a hell of a lot less about CB at 6 then a SS at 6.

38 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Imagine buying google and Amazon before they were over a 1000 dollars a share.  The retrospectoscope is always 20/20

I mean yeah if I was going to buy a few stocks, and I ended up buying GE, and GM instead of Amazon, and Google, BUT both Amazon, and Google were on my radar, and other investors radar around me then in retrospect I did a poor job not unlucky, and probably should stop being the person in charge to make decisions on my future investments ;)

29 minutes ago, slats said:

I disagree somewhat with his trade value declining as you get closer to the deadline, I’d argue it goes up should a contending team lose their starting QB, or a team with no QB wants him for a possible look as a long term solution, 2 QB’s got traded for last season for each reason, and another was supposed to be traded for, but the paper work got botched for whatever reason missing the deadline, and all 3 involved 2nd round pick, or a former 1st round drafted player just 2 seasons prior.

I mean the Bengals held on to McCarron like he was the next Aaron Rodgers, and they got a team at the deadline to agree to trade a 2nd, AND a 3rd for him, TBW has the exact same contract situation as McCarron had last year at the trade deadline, I couldn’t imagine 2017 trade deadline McCarron is more valuable then a 2018 trade deadline TBW.

I think the more patient the Jets are the more a TBW possible trade will fetch for the Jets, or maybe even payoff on the field for them should something happen to Darnold injury wise, but the Jets team has a very good record when it happens I sure as sh*t want TBW in that scenario over Josh McCown.

26 minutes ago, PepPep said:

He is often injured. 

Lets take a step back from hyperbole and absolutism. It's not black and white or worst/best decision. It's just A decision. 1 option. 

Facts: 

• Fowler is a better option than all our OLBs combined. 
  • If he DIDN'T have the concerns you mentioned, he'd already have been extended and untouchable. 
  • You have to accept that unless you draft Von Miller, or pay him 100 million guarantee -- the only Pass Rushers you're going to get come up with some concerns/inconsistencies. 
  • What better way to decided on that big $$ contract next year, than to take him for a few laps in 2018 and see how he does. 
  • Again, we desperately need a pass rush. Leo & co. have shown us time and time again, it's not going to happen organically otherwise. 

I think Lee is being used out of position he should be using his speed on the edge send him blitzing from any angle let him disrupt and then build off of that.

Instead our coach is trying to redefine him rather then use him to his strengths. He is not a great cover db despite his speed, his misses plays by being out of position. Let's use his speed to our advantage and see what happens.

But I would take the head case that is Fowler any day of the week over what Lee has shown so far.

47 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

And an injury risk at that (echoes of Dee Milliner all over again).

21 minutes ago, jbt said:

who had 8 sacks for the jets last year?

Not really the point. Just b/c a player has 8 sacks in a season doesn't mean you should completely ignore everything else and give away assets to get said player. That would be moronic. 8 sacks ranked in the low 30s in the league. And yes, I get it, the Jets did not have many sacks last year. D.Davis led them with 5. 

if we start him and he plays well - and a contending team loses their qb - i think we get a 1st for him.    lots of if's there i understand.
Again catch 22 scenario. To justify trading a QB that is winning games to play Darnold won't go well with the team or fans. Now if you start Teddy and is just OK but enough to get better compensation that's different. It's like last year, where many felt McCown would suck for Sam but didn't happen.

You hope Teddy doesn't get hurt in the next PS games.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Lets take a step back from hyperbole and absolutism. It's not black and white or worst/best decision. It's just A decision. 1 option. 

Facts: 

• Fowler is a better option than all our OLBs combined. 
  • If he DIDN'T have the concerns you mentioned, he'd already have been extended and untouchable. 
  • You have to accept that unless you draft Von Miller, or pay him 100 million guarantee -- the only Pass Rushers you're going to get come up with some concerns/inconsistencies. 
  • What better way to decided on that big $$ contract next year, than to take him for a few laps in 2018 and see how he does. 
  • Again, we desperately need a pass rush. Leo & co. have shown us time and time again, it's not going to happen organically otherwise. 

All you gotta do is draft a pass rusher and get a but lucky. Teams do it ALL the time and come away with studs. 

Fowler is a better option ONLY if he stays healthy and doesn't get suspended. That's the rub. If Fowler had 8 sacks and didn't have previous injury issues and other off field concerns BELIEVE ME, the Jags would hesitate to pay him big money. Because 8 sacks is not all that impressive. Not if you are going to invest a ton of money into a player. Last year there were 30 players in the NFL with more sacks than Fowler. Just saying. 

I believe the Jets should either draft a Pass Rusher next year or sign a proven pass rusher in FA rather than trading away assets for one. And hey, that's JMHO.  

Archived