Jets interested in Fowler Jr.

prime21

16 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I would value Teddy well higher than Fowler.  I certainly wouldn't want to give them draft value on top of a swap.

Problem is no GM is going to give you much for Teddy regardless how good he looks in preseason. The guy is coming off a horrendous knee injury and is damaged goods. If you can get an even swap for Fowler, you take it and RUN. I’d even throw in Lee for good measure. 

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, genot said:

Mac isn't going to give up on Lee, who's going into his third season, and is asked to  do much more than Fowler ever was asked to do. Lee had more tackles in his first four games last year than Fowler did the entire year. Fowler is a pass rusher. That's it. And no, I don't think that Lee has played up to level we expected with the 6th pick.

Lee was the 20th pick

7 minutes ago, genot said:

Mac isn't going to give up on Lee, who's going into his third season, and is asked to  do much more than Fowler ever was asked to do. Lee had more tackles in his first four games last year than Fowler did the entire year. Fowler is a pass rusher. That's it. And no, I don't think that Lee has played up to level we expected with the 6th pick.

More tackles or more missed tackles- that is the question.

20 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I would value Teddy well higher than Fowler.  I certainly wouldn't want to give them draft value on top of a swap.

Bortles sucks. As smart as the Jags GM has been developing that roster into one of the youngest, athletic and best rosters in the NFL, he has totally whiffed on getting a solid QB. With a good QB, that team could win multiple SB’s over the next 5 years. 

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

:rolleyes:

Was well aware of the lack of 2nd rounders, obviously.  

Well obviously you were, but so was the poster who said give them our 2nd rounder.

He was joking and you treated his post like he was serious

1020161-n-oc44DBWI-sIHca.jpg

25 minutes ago, King P said:

Well obviously you were, but so was the poster who said give them our 2nd rounder.

He was joking and you treated his post like he was serious

1020161-n-oc44DBWI-sIHca.jpg

I was piling on.  I get that text isn't the best way to express the vagaries of sarcasm, but come on.

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

This is a non story, I’m sure the Jets did reach out to the Jags IF there was mutual interest with agreeable terms Manish story would be Jets traded for Dante Fowler, this is just Mack throwing Manish a bone, and to cover his ass that he his actively looking to fix the edge rush problem by letting everyone know he called Jax about Fowler, but talks went nowhere for it to be leaked to Manish.

what benefit does "covering his ass" do?   he's graded on wins and losses and direction of the team.   this isn't horseshoes where close gets points.

2 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

what benefit does "covering his ass" do?   he's graded on wins and losses and direction of the team.   this isn't horseshoes where close gets points.

Depends on who the judge is. Frankly I have no idea how Woody evaluates his front office given the decades of bewildering moves.

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

Darron Lee and a 5th for Fowler. 

Hewitt or Minter can start. And they get Lee who probably fits their defense better. 

1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Darron Lee has 1-2 years left on his contract. They may be able to pull off a straight up trade which would be incredible. 

1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

The world of Jet Nation where I’ve seen some ridiculous trade scenarios lately. The only “bonus” to Lee is that he has more time left on his rookie deal and if they are fed up with Fowler, maybe that levels the trading playing field. It would clearly be a pick for Fowler but I just want Lee gone and to salvage whatever value we can. This is what you may call “wishful thinking” but not realistic.

What on earth makes you think they want Lee? not only that, but they're fine -- more than fine -- at ILB. Are you interested in some spun out LB from DET? or another random underachieving corner from OAK? no. So why do you think they would just "take" Lee

2 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

Maybe but if this is straight up for Teddy it would be a horrible move.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

i'd want to get a OL for Teddy.  i know pass rusher is a premium position but i want to give Sam all the help he can get in his rookie year.

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

What on earth makes you think they want Lee? not only that, but they're fine -- more than fine -- at ILB. Do you some spun out LB from DET? or another random underachieving corner from OAK? no. So why do you think they would just "take" Lee

Once in a generation or so, we get a trade like CLE taking Brett Ratliff, Abram Elam and some other scrub I can't even remember to let us move up from 13 to 5 in the first round.  People sometimes forget that there's only one CLE in the league.

2 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

i'd want to get a OL for Teddy.  i know pass rusher is a premium position but i want to give Sam all the help he can get in his rookie year.

have you looked around the league? We got tackles from University of Texas at Anchorage starting for NFL teams... there's no OL depth. Anywhere. There's been veritable drought of quality tackles in the last 5-6 years -- and we wouldn't get a starting OT for a 1st rounder if we tried. 

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Once in a generation or so, we get a trade like CLE taking Brett Ratliff, Abram Elam and some other scrub I can't even remember to let us move up from 13 to 5 in the first round.  People sometimes forget that there's only one CLE in the league.

Tom Coughlin

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

What on earth makes you think they want Lee? not only that, but they're fine -- more than fine -- at ILB. Are you interested in some spun out LB from DET? or another random underachieving corner from OAK? no. So why do you think they would just "take" Lee

WISHFUL THINKING. I’m sure they don’t want Lee but sometimes a scheme change or a high grade from the 2016 draft board plays into these type of decisions. The only ADVANTAGE that Lee has is in regards to time length on contract where we could lose Fowler after this season if we don’t use the 5th year option. 

They shouldn’t want Lee because he sucks but these sort of things happen. That’s all I’m trying to say. I’ve bashed Lee plenty of times and I’m not a fan. Just bringing up a point. I don’t know how much more clear I have to be. 

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

That’s all I’m trying to say. I’ve bashed Lee plenty of times and I’m not a fan. Just bringing up a point. I don’t know how much more clear I have to be. 

Never bring up Lee again. There, problem solved. 

If I can trade Teddy for Fowler without having to give up any extra draft capital I'm sprinting to make that deal. Add a good edge presence to this defense and we might make some serious strides in the right direction

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

This is a non story, I’m sure the Jets did reach out to the Jags IF there was mutual interest with agreeable terms Manish story would be Jets traded for Dante Fowler, this is just Mack throwing Manish a bone, and to cover his ass that he his actively looking to fix the edge rush problem by letting everyone know he called Jax about Fowler, but talks went nowhere for it to be leaked to Manish.

That's possible. Another take is that Coffee in Hand reached out to the Jags and now the Jags are thinking about what they may want in return. Deals take time and sometimes leaks only know so much.

I agree. Fowler hasn't done a thing and there is no reason to trade Teddy before the season starts. October 30 is the trade deadline.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Archived