Yeah, it's been a rough start

Lady Jet

13 minutes ago, Lady Jet said:

but honestly, this is the best assembled Jets team I've seen in years. 

Eeyore's will Eeyore, but I'm pretty damn happy with this team. 

Thanks for stopping in, good to see you!  :)

Today helped me feel better about Thursday. The league is so up and down. Jets are 8.5 point underdogs against the Jaguars but the games after that all seem more manageable today.

Hopefully they play better next week.

14 minutes ago, Lady Jet said:

I think this is a team with average talent. 

But even if you're right... they are so poorly coached, how will we ever know?

18 minutes ago, Lady Jet said:

As mentioned earlier the only thing that matters this season is how Sam Darnold plays. Right now through three weeks he is the worst passer in the NFL. 

Just now, Drums said:

Is he though? 

Statisically Yes (other than Tyrod Taylor and Blaine Gabbert who arent NFL starters).

That said it really doesnt matter. Sam has two things going for him.

#1. Todd Bowles wont be here next year and the Jets are going to hire someone to fix him. Jeremy Bates doesnt have much of a track record as a play caller so its possible we could be at a schematic disadvantage. 

#2. Hes the youngest QB in the NFL 

#3. He should have a better team around him next year so hopefully he gets all the bad play out of his system with Bowles. 

I truly think Sam Darnold is going to be bust after watching these three games, but I am willing to give this experiment 32 games before pulling the plug. 

22 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Thanks for stopping in, good to see you!  :)

Today helped me feel better about Thursday. The league is so up and down. Jets are 8.5 point underdogs against the Jaguars but the games after that all seem more manageable today.

Hopefully they play better next week.

Hey, you!  We are going to kick some ass this season. 

22 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I think this is a team with average talent. 

But even if you're right... they are so poorly coached, how will we ever know?

The linebackers and the o-line are not very impressive, but I love the moxie and the drive from the rest of the team. 

10 minutes ago, GreenWhite said:

Statisically Yes (other than Tyrod Taylor and Blaine Gabbert who arent NFL starters).

Which stat? Just curious. I thought maybe you would go by yards or TDs but he's around 22 there. Carr and Dalton have thrown the same amount of picks. Keenum, Bradford, and Mariota have a worse QBR. So, what can you be going by?

22 minutes ago, GreenWhite said:

As mentioned earlier the only thing that matters this season is how Sam Darnold plays. Right now through three weeks he is the worst passer in the NFL. 

I accidently gave you an upvote.  

Seriously?  Sam Darnold is playing pretty damn good for a rookie with a sh*t O-line and marginal receivers. 

11 minutes ago, GreenWhite said:

#1. Todd Bowles wont be here next year and the Jets are going to hire someone to fix him. Jeremy Bates doesnt have much of a track record as a play caller so its possible we could be at a schematic disadvantage. 

#3. He should have a better team around him next year so hopefully he gets all the bad play out of his system with Bowles. 

I truly think Sam Darnold is going to be bust after watching these three games, but I am willing to give this experiment 32 games before pulling the plug. 

I knew there'd be an Eeyore here, lololol.  

Darnold is going to be fine.  It's been three games, hahaha. 

20 minutes ago, Drums said:

Which stat? Just curious. I thought maybe you would go by yards or TDs but he's around 22 there. Carr and Dalton have thrown the same amount of picks. Keenum, Bradford, and Mariota have a worse QBR. So, what can you be going by?

@GreenWhite I can see you are without the info to back up your negativity. Good to know :)

39 minutes ago, GreenWhite said:

If you think a player is a legend or bust after three games then I have to say that either your football acumen is that of Vince Lombardi’s or that of another couch GM who think’s he knows everything.

my gut feeling is the latter.

Jets beat Lions

Lions beat Patriots

Thus, Jets are better than Patriots?

This league is so weird.  Buffalo over Minny?  The Redskins over Green Bay?

As they say, any given Sunday!

My confidence in the Jets lies with the fact that the things that have cost them games are correctable.  Penalties, discipline, some lapses in play calling CAN be fixed.  Not saying that they will fix them, but they're easier to fix than having a major functional deficiency like not being able to run the ball or stop the run, etc.  We've had success (inconsistent success but still success) in just about every area of the game (rushing, passing, stopping the run, defending the pass, special teams, etc.).  When the Jets put it all together we get a game like Week 1.  When they don't we get something like the 2nd Half vs. Cleveland.

11 hours ago, GreenWhite said:

Sam has 2 things going for him 

*lists 3 things*

Here's a notion, Sam Darnold is in the process and the process takes years.

I refer to your point number two about how he's the youngest starting QB in NFL history.  You want to pull the plug after 32 games, in other words after 2 years when he's 23? 

cheese and crackers. 

Right now Ryan Tannehill is the best QB in the division. He's playing the best at least. It takes way more than 2 years to learn the position.  The case could be made Darnold should have sat through the tough part of the schedule or whatever but that's over with and now he's learning by doing. It's not going to be pleasant but if he survives physically he's tough enough mentally not to be ruined. 

Or at least that's the hope. 

11 hours ago, GreenWhite said:

trolling should be an art. This is not.

Archived