Baker Mayfield is Awesome

Dcronin

28 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Mayfield's ability lends itself well to the offense as a whole. Go look at the Jets game and see how that Jets defense didn't respect a deep ball whatsoever and because of that all they did was stack the box against Ty. Then go look at the 2nd half of that game and watch how they changed their back scheme to compensate for the pass...then look at the rushing stats in the 2nd half with Mayfield in the game. 

Nothing im saying here is outrageous. Im calm and cool as a fan. 

Calm or outrageous, referring to the Jets game is bullsh*t.  They didn't adjust the back end because of Mayfield.  They had a 2 TD lead.  That is why they adjusted.  They never adjusted back because Bowles.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Yeah, I'm not attributing long touchdown runs to the mere presence of Baker Mayfield just quite yet. You could just as easily say that Oakland's defense is trash and that Chubb is pretty damn good and was due for a breakout. 

Let's see how Baker handles the Ravens defense this week. Long way to go for this stuff. 

And im not singling out specific runs in order to place that success on it being based on the mere presence of Baker Mayfield. Im simply saying that his presence has shown to be a positive one on the running game overall. 

The Raider's defense is trash, so putting up 42 points on them is what should be done. If it was just 15 I'd be very concerned. 

I will indeed see how Baker handles the Ravens. Im going to be watching pretty much for his career....depending how long he can keep himself relevant. 

5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Calm or outrageous, referring to the Jets game is bullsh*t.  They didn't adjust the back end because of Mayfield.  They had a 2 TD lead.  That is why they adjusted.  They never adjusted back because Bowles.

Referring to a game he played in is bullsh*t because Bowles is a terrible coach. 

My bad. 

6 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Referring to a game he played in is bullsh*t because Bowles is a terrible coach. 

My bad. 

It is.

You told us to watch the game.  I watched the game.  They went soft once they had the two score lead. Look at the drive charts.  What did they have?  2 first downs in their first 5 drives?  Then they go soft and Taylor gets them to the Jets 25.  They got pushed back on the grounding and the sack, but IMO the D was already different.  They never went back because until the last score they never actually behind.  

Maybe Mayfield does stretch teams out, but that game was no smoking gun proof

17 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

And im not singling out specific runs in order to place that success on it being based on the mere presence of Baker Mayfield. Im simply saying that his presence has shown to be a positive one on the running game overall. . 

That's fine, but I wouldn't bother noting this after only 6 quarters of football, myself. 

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

It is.

You told us to watch the game.  I watched the game.  They went soft once they had the two score lead. Look at the drive charts.  What did they have?  2 first downs in their first 5 drives?  Then they go soft and Taylor gets them to the Jets 25.  They got pushed back on the grounding and the sack, but IMO the D was already different.  They never went back because until the last score they never actually behind.  

Maybe Mayfield does stretch teams out, but that game was no smoking gun proof

If you say that "Mayfield does stretch teams out" yet the only games you have at your disposal to support that position is the Raiders game and the Jets game, how can you negate that Jets game? 

The Jets switched to zone after Mayfield picked up on man coverage. However, the amount of Blitzes Ty had and Mayfield had were virtually the same. Ty was blitzed 50% of the time and Mayfield 46% of the time. 

The Jets didn't go "soft" bro. They switched their secondary 

6 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

If you say that "Mayfield does stretch teams out" yet the only games you have at your disposal to support that position is the Raiders game and the Jets game, how can you negate that Jets game? 

The Jets switched to zone after Mayfield picked up on man coverage. However, the amount of Blitzes Ty had and Mayfield had were virtually the same. Ty was blitzed 50% of the time and Mayfield 46% of the time. 

The Jets didn't go "soft" bro. They switched their secondary 

You are ridiculous. 

I did not say Mayfield stretches teams out.  You did.  I just agreed it is possible.  With only two games at your disposal you can't say sh*t.  Not stopping you though.

LOL at Mayfield "picked up on man coverage"  Teams play man against Brady and Rodgers, but the Jets wet their pants at Mayfield?  

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

You are ridiculous. 

I did not say Mayfield stretches teams out.  You did.  I just agreed it is possible.  With only two games at your disposal you can't say sh*t.  Not stopping you though.

LOL at Mayfield "picked up on man coverage"  Teams play man against Brady and Rodgers, but the Jets wet their pants at Mayfield?  

Relax my friend. Why must I be ridiculous? I never said that "you said" that Mayfield stretches the field. The fact that you said "Maybe" Mayfield stretches the field indicates that you weren't necessarily disagreeing with my statement. So I was only trying to elaborate on that fact as well as trying to present that the man has only 1.5 games to view,  and It would be wrong to take away the Jets game. He played in the game. 

The only thing ridiculous, (and I mean this with all respect because you're the Dom) is telling me that I cant count a game that he played in. 

When has it been cool to move so many damn goal posts ?

Sure, I have just 2 games at my disposal, but if I listened to you, I'd only have one! lol. 

Teams play man against Brady and Rodgers,....and Mayfield. You know what teams also do against Brady, Rodgers and Mayfield? Play zone. 

Why is it that that would equate to the Jets wetting their pants? I simply stated that he was picking up man when they changed to zone. They never stopped applying pressure given that they blitzed him on every other play as they did Ty. So saying that they went "soft" seems like a stretch. 

39 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

That's fine, but I wouldn't bother noting this after only 6 quarters of football, myself. 

That's cool, plenty of other threads in which to note things in. And im not trying to dismiss you, but I just dont know what you want me to say to that. 

We're talking about it. Why even participate in the conversation then? honest question. 

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

We've had this conversation years ago regarding this type of rhetoric and measuring sticks. Please dont have a relapse. 

I have no idea what you're talking about or referring to.

Let me give you an idea of "rational". Rational is acknowledging that he had 4 turnovers statistically, but evaluating those turnovers in order to know if all of those were his fault. I doubt Callaway dropping a pass that hit both hands (albeit, he tripped on the grass) and it falling into a defenders hands for a pick should constitute some egregious turnover by Baker Mayfield. 

Continuously harping on 4 turnovers when it's not being denied that he has them while not putting context to them while drawing conclusions based on those turnovers while refusing to acknowledge the context of those turnovers defines your irrational state. 

You made statements, I provided facts.  It really has nothing to do with how he threw a pick.  He threw a pick.  What resulted, was points for the other team.  Those types of plays, skew the scoreboard and the yardage stats which was one of your other excuses for Baker losing.  Pretty simple.  No need to make even more excuses for him = emotions. 

You are now "simply" stating that this does skew the scoreboard. This is correct. But again, were you rational about that pick 6 being a drop by Calloway? I haven't heard you state that once. 

And speaking of skewing the scoreboard, wasn't Callaway also the guy who dropped a 2pt conversion? Points left off the board? 

More emotion an excuses.  They lost by 3.

Yet it's a fact. Ty and Mayfield both played a half each against the Jets. the Ty-led offense put up 0 points, Mayfield led offense put up 21 while being down by 14. The Next game, The Browns offense put up 42, more than all of the points that the Browns scored with Ty leading them....combined. That's a very rational fact, because it takes much more into account. 

Not factoring opponent.  More excuses. 

That running game did go nuts, something that couldnt happen with Ty because Ty is not a threat to go deep at all. Go look at that Jets game and look at the rushing game in the 1st half with Ty, and the 2nd half with Mayfield. The difference? Ty couldnt go deep, Mayfield could. It opened up the defense, Hyde and Chubb took advantage. Rational facts right? 

Some games are different than others.  The Browns didnt have a problem running the ball vs. the Steelers with Tyrod but yes, Mayfield is why Chubb busted off 2 40+ yard runs on Sunday.  No other factor.  Just Mayfield.  Very rational.

It's hard for me to confirm Mayfield's tendencies when it comes to his ability to take care of the football given that yesterday was his 1st ever start. I would be comparing that to a guy who's played about a decade in this league. That wouldn't be rational. 

Well, since you love to play the could of would of should of with Darnold, lets play it with Mayfield.  He has 4 turnover on the year, with a drop redzone INT and a fumble that fell of the feet of the Jets and he's played 6 quarters of Football.  Very early but so far, careless is a good word.

Nothing I wrote in this is emotion. I just dont have time for folks who regurgitates the same facts with zero context while refusing to take everything else into account. 

You cant have a conversation about Mayfield with out evoking extreme emotion.  Who are you fooling?  The fact you are "refusing to talk to people" is in fact, an emotional response.  emotions everywhere. 

Providing proper coaching and developing the talent you draft is much more rational than hoping that the Browns did us a favor. And truth be told, the way I keep hearing how the Browns are so much better than us....maybe they did themselves a favor. 

How about the Jets develop their players and put some competent offensive play on the field? If we did that we wouldn't have to worry about other teams doing us favors....we'd instead know that we have the right coaching staff and GM building a successful franchise no matter where they draft or who falls to them. 

That's rational. 

Only time will tell.  I look forward to more of your irrational and emotion filled thoughts on Baker! 

The Browns rushed for 200 yards!!!

Its a helluva lot easier for a QB to perform when the rushing game is helping him out & he still had 4 turnovers. Darnold has been dealing with zero running game the last 3 games which is really difficult to overcome in this league for a young QB. What was Hunts combined yards last night, lol! Probably more than Jets last 3 games.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I have no idea what you're talking about or referring to.

Good. 

You made statements, I provided facts. 

Statements which were facts. Dont be irrational. Sure, you provided facts...he did turn the ball over 4 times. However, you didn't want to accept facts that I presented in my statements. 

It really has nothing to do with how he threw a pick.  He threw a pick. 

For as long as you're on this site, I expect to never see you provide factual context to a INT that Jets QB throw. 

What resulted, was points for the other team. 

True. That was never argued. This is why im talking about with the constant regurgitation of facts that have been accepted. He threw a pick 6. Now how about dealing the the facts I presented? 

Those types of plays, skew the scoreboard and the yardage stats which was one of your other excuses for Baker losing.  Pretty simple.  No need to make even more excuses for him = emotions. 

More emotion an excuses.  They lost by 3.

Not factoring opponent.  More excuses. 

????? Must I really quote myself and show you what I've said many times including in this very response? Maybe it's your emotions that's blinding you. 

Some games are different than others.  The Browns didnt have a problem running the ball vs. the Steelers with Tyrod but yes, Mayfield is why Chubb busted off 2 40+ yard runs on Sunday.  No other factor.  Just Mayfield.  Very rational.

Please pay attention, as my statements will be factual. 

Against the Steelers, Carlos Hyde rushed 22 times for 62 yards and 2.8 yards per carry. Chubb rushed 3 times for 21 yards with a long of 17. Combined they rushed for 83 yards in a game that went into overtime and as a unit rushed for 3.3 yards per carry. 

Against the Saints, Carlos Hyde rushed 16 times for 43 yards and 2.7 yards per carry. Chubb rushed 2 times for 14 yards. Combined they rushed for 57 yards on 18 attempts as as a unit rushed for 3.1 yards per carry. 

Well, since you love to play the could of would of should of with Darnold, lets play it with Mayfield.  He has 4 turnover on the year, with a drop redzone INT and a fumble that fell of the feet of the Jets and he's played 6 quarters of Football.  Very early but so far, careless is a good word.

I'll match that.

1. Mayfield had a 2pt conversion in the redzone by Callaway dropped which if caught could have made that Raiders game a W,

2. A go-ahead TD to Landry in the redzone not caught because landry slipped on the turf in the Raiders game (Drive right after the pick 6). instead they go for a field goal. If that was a TD maybe the Browns leave with a W against the Raiders. 

But lets go with what does count.

In 4 games Darnold has managed a total of 15 scoring drives.

In less than 2 games, Mayfield has managed 12 scoring drives. 

He may be careless with the all, but he's averaging 42 points per game (21 points in 2qtrs against the Jets, 42 against the Raiders)

Sam Darnold is averaging 22.5.

Mayfield has a 4th quarter comeback (Jets) and his first loss went into overtime in which his team scores 42 which is a record for a rookie's 1st start since the merger 50 years ago. 

Darnold has no 4th quarter comebacks, and he has 2 games that were essentially over by half time (Dolphins and Jags). And what I mean by "essentially over by halftime" is that the the points scored by the opponent by halftime was enough to win the game if they never scored another point, essentially meaning that the game was already won by halftime.

You cant have a conversation about Mayfield with out evoking extreme emotion.  Who are you fooling?  The fact you are "refusing to talk to people" is in fact, an emotional response.  emotions everywhere. 

Only time will tell.  I look forward to more of your irrational and emotion filled thoughts on Baker! 

I've been talking to you this whole time. I guess you're getting my "emotions" mixed up with simply being frustrated at the fact that the person claiming that I am being emotional is the same person that said that Im making "statements" as if my statements aren't based on facts. 

Showing exactly what I said, all you're doing is regurgitating, wanting me to accept your side, while not even being able to accept the fact that what im saying is just as factual. 

I find Mayfield really exciting to watch. He has the "it" factor, and can spin it. I hope we will able to say the same about Darnold.  Mayfield also seems more mobile than Darnold, small and shifty, quicker than he's fast, which is fine for a qb.   It helps that he has a better supporting cast, and Landry is a monster, but if you watch him, you can see he's got it.

1 minute ago, roscoeword said:

I find Mayfield really exciting to watch. He has the "it" factor, and can spin it. I hope we will able to say the same about Darnold.  Mayfield also seems more mobile than Darnold, small and shifty, quicker than he's fast, which is fine for a qb.   It helps that he has a better supporting cast, and Landry is a monster, but if you watch him, you can see he's got it.

True. 

Watching this last game, even with the turnovers you can see that the talent is there. It's obvious. I like the fact that he didn't flinch. His eyes didn't get all glazed over and he didn't come off as if the spot was too big for him when the pressure was on. 

That's impressive. You learn much more when a person is facing adversity. 

For folks hanging onto Mayfield's completion percentage. 

Mayfield completed just 51.2% of his passes against the Raiders (21-41). It should be noted (but will probably be ignored) that Mayfield had a total of 8 passes dropped in the game. 

2 by Landry

3 by Callaway which includes the dropped 2pt conversion and the pick 6

1 by Higgins 

1 by Duke Johnson

1 by David Njoku 

If those 8 passes were caught, he would have completed 70.7% of his passes, if just 4 passes were caught instead of 8 he would have completed 61% of his passes. I like to add that for context, because completion percentage can be made to look like the dude was inaccurate or just flat out terrible, but if any QB in the league has targets that drop a total of 8 passes in the game, 50% completion rate or less is probably what you're going to see. 

Having drops in a game is common, having your targets drop 8 passes in one game...isnt common. 

1 hour ago, roscoeword said:

You hope? Darnold has already shown he has the 'it' factor against Detroit and Miami. Baker played the Jets and Raiders - two teams with no pass rush. Darnold has gone up against teams with tough defensive lines and gets another this week. We'll see how Mayfield plays against a tough D - may not work out so well. We should be opening the playbook for Darnold - he easily threw for almost 400 yards against Miami without the drops and with one pick that was on him. He can throw 2tds and 2 picks with a lot of yardage if we let him. Bowles would rather handcuff him with a terrible, conservative game plan so he doesn't turn the ball over and barely moves the ball.

I am little surprised about the Mayfield love affair. He beat the Jets. Yes congrats he beat a team playing their third game in 10 games and were gassed by the time he entered.  Yes they also didnt gameplan for him which definetly helped him. Now his first official start he turns the ball over a ton to a sh*tty defense and completes 50 percent of his passes.  Impressive lol

1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

I am little surprised about the Mayfield love affair. He beat the Jets. Yes congrats he beat a team playing their third game in 10 games and were gassed by the time he entered. 

This 3 games in 10 days thing is pretty lame, especially when the Browns was also playing in the same freaking Thursday night game. The Jets played 3 games in 10 days and the Browns played 3 games in 11 days. Such a freaking advantage! 

Yes they also didnt gameplan for him which definetly helped him.

That's the fault of the Jets coaching staff. There was preseason tape on Mayfield as well as OU tape. There were a few plays that I seen Baker run in that Jets game that came directly out of the Rosebowl game vs Georgia as well as other games during his college season. The play action pop pass to David Njoku as well as the Philly special which Baker ran and scored a TD on in the Rosebowl. 

If a QB that could possibly see the field isnt being game planned for whatsoever then that means not only should Baker have done what he did, but Bowles should have been fired on the spot. 

Im not going to fault Mayfield because he came ready to play. 

Now his first official start he turns the ball over a ton to a sh*tty defense and completes 50 percent of his passes.  Impressive lol

We can continue to bring up 4 turnovers which included a botched snap by the center and a dropped pass by a receiver. 

We can continue to talk about a 50% completion percentage while ignoring 8 passes dropped by receivers, with 7 of those 8 hitting the receiver right in the chest. 

Cool story. 

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Good. 

Statements which were facts. Dont be irrational. Sure, you provided facts...he did turn the ball over 4 times. However, you didn't want to accept facts that I presented in my statements. 

For as long as you're on this site, I expect to never see you provide factual context to a INT that Jets QB throw. 

True. That was never argued. This is why im talking about with the constant regurgitation of facts that have been accepted. He threw a pick 6. Now how about dealing the the facts I presented? 

????? Must I really quote myself and show you what I've said many times including in this very response? Maybe it's your emotions that's blinding you. 

Please pay attention, as my statements will be factual. 

Against the Steelers, Carlos Hyde rushed 22 times for 62 yards and 2.8 yards per carry. Chubb rushed 3 times for 21 yards with a long of 17. Combined they rushed for 83 yards in a game that went into overtime and as a unit rushed for 3.3 yards per carry. 

Against the Saints, Carlos Hyde rushed 16 times for 43 yards and 2.7 yards per carry. Chubb rushed 2 times for 14 yards. Combined they rushed for 57 yards on 18 attempts as as a unit rushed for 3.1 yards per carry. 

I'll match that.

1. Mayfield had a 2pt conversion in the redzone by Callaway dropped which if caught could have made that Raiders game a W,

2. A go-ahead TD to Landry in the redzone not caught because landry slipped on the turf in the Raiders game (Drive right after the pick 6). instead they go for a field goal. If that was a TD maybe the Browns leave with a W against the Raiders. 

But lets go with what does count.

In 4 games Darnold has managed a total of 15 scoring drives.

In less than 2 games, Mayfield has managed 12 scoring drives. 

He may be careless with the all, but he's averaging 42 points per game (21 points in 2qtrs against the Jets, 42 against the Raiders)

Sam Darnold is averaging 22.5.

Mayfield has a 4th quarter comeback (Jets) and his first loss went into overtime in which his team scores 42 which is a record for a rookie's 1st start since the merger 50 years ago. 

Darnold has no 4th quarter comebacks, and he has 2 games that were essentially over by half time (Dolphins and Jags). And what I mean by "essentially over by halftime" is that the the points scored by the opponent by halftime was enough to win the game if they never scored another point, essentially meaning that the game was already won by halftime.

I've been talking to you this whole time. I guess you're getting my "emotions" mixed up with simply being frustrated at the fact that the person claiming that I am being emotional is the same person that said that Im making "statements" as if my statements aren't based on facts. 

Showing exactly what I said, all you're doing is regurgitating, wanting me to accept your side, while not even being able to accept the fact that what im saying is just as factual. 

You realize this all stems from you saying things like, if Baker Mayfield was the starter all season, they'd be 3-1 and if you average out his per game starts, the Browns average 42 pts a game.  Ridiculous.  Both ridiculous.  

What's ironic about this stance that I'm not seeing/accepting what you're saying is that I am and have and it's you that's not accepting anything else.  I'm accepting everything you're saying.  Nothing is Mayfield's fault. This player did this, this player did that and it's their fault.  Cool.  Doesnt change the facts and outcome and if Baker gets the credit for things like Chubbs performance, he also gets the blame for his other teammates.  That's what you're not accepting for some reason and keep diving deeper into an analysis to defend Baker that is completely irrelevant.  You wont accept what I"m saying because you cant separate your emotions. So let's try it this way since I've said it 5 different ways and you keep ignoring it.

Why did the Jets run the ball well vs the Lions but did not run the ball well vs. the Jaguars? 

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

You realize this all stems from you saying things like, if Baker Mayfield was the starter all season, they'd be 3-1 and if you average out his per game starts, the Browns average 42 pts a game.  Ridiculous.  Both ridiculous.  

What's ironic about this stance that I'm not seeing/accepting what you're saying is that I am and have and it's you that's not accepting anything else.  I'm accepting everything you're saying.  Nothing is Mayfield's fault. This player did this, this player did that and it's their fault.  Cool.  Doesnt change the facts and outcome and if Baker gets the credit for things like Chubbs performance, he also gets the blame for his other teammates.  That's what you're not accepting for some reason and keep diving deeper into an analysis to defend Baker that is completely irrelevant.  You wont accept what I"m saying because you cant separate your emotions. So let's try it this way since I've said it 5 different ways and you keep ignoring it.

Why did the Jets run the ball well vs the Lions but did not run the ball well vs. the Jaguars? 

This all stems from you issuing facts and ignoring other facts. 

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

This all stems from you issuing facts and ignoring other facts. 

I'm not ignoring them.  I've acknowledge them numerous times.  Despite Baker Mayfield being careless with the ball, losing to a winless team and his team failing him over and over again...based on a 6 quarter sample, Mayfield would be leading an all time legendary offense.

Why do you think the Jets were able to run the ball well vs. the Lions and not the Jags?

Why did Sam Darnold look so much more comfortable vs. the Lions than the other opponents he's faced? 

17 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm not ignoring them.  I've acknowledge them numerous times.  Despite Baker Mayfield being careless with the ball, losing to a winless team and his team failing him over and over again...based on a 6 quarter sample, Mayfield would be leading an all time legendary offense.

Why do you think the Jets were able to run the ball well vs. the Lions and not the Jags?

Why did Sam Darnold look so much more comfortable vs. the Lions than the other opponents he's faced? 

Baker wasn't "careless" with the ball the way you're narrating it. 

The Center botching a handoff isnt Baker Mayfield being careless with the football, 

Baker throwing a pass to an open target who slips on the turf, gets two hands on the ball and the ball hits his hands and lands in a defenders hands isnt Baker being careless with the football. 

Baker having his Right Tackle pushed into him while he's preparing the throw the football on a 3 step drop is unfortunate. 

Baker throwing a pick by being overly aggressive when he had 40 seconds left on the clock and a timeout is being careless with the football. 

Sam Darnold looked more comfortable vs the Lions because he no longer had to deal with Ziggy Ansah who suffered a Shoulder injury in the 1st quarter and was out for the rest of the game. However, on the few snaps that he was in the game, Beachum and Carpenter could not handle the twists that Ziggy and the DT was doing on the left side of that line. Ziggy actually sacked Darnold on one of those plays. 

Or is this statement ^^^^^ not factual? 

The Jets were able to run the ball on against the Lions because the Lions looked poor at every phase of the game. The Jets scored on offense via passing and rushing, the Jets scored on defense and the Jets scored on special teams. Lets keep in mind that the Jets had about 5 turnovers as well. 

Baker and the Browns offense put up 42 points in a losing effort, but didn't receive any points from his special teams or defense. 

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Villain - how do you respond to people who say that we didn't pass on Baker Mayfield.  He was taken 2 picks ahead of where we drafted.

We didn't pass on Baker Mayfield. That's true. We had the 6th pick in the draft and we got up to the 3rd pick in the draft. The Browns needed a QB as bad as us and they had their history of being the team that passed on Carson Wentz. No way were we ever getting the #1 pick in that draft. 

And to be honest, I think that if the Browns got cute and took Barkley with the #1 pick they would have missed out on their QB. That would have forced the Giants to then take a QB which I also think they would have taken Mayfield. The Jets would have taken Darnold and then The Browns would have been sitting at pick 4 with Allen and Rosen to choose from. 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

You realize this all stems from you saying things like, if Baker Mayfield was the starter all season, they'd be 3-1. 

Once again, showing your colors. 

This all stems from me saying things like the above? No it doesn't. This is just another example of you extracting things and not keeping them in context. My 3-1 comment was in response to numerous folks staying the typical "Well, I heard all this time that if Mayfield played the Browns would be 3-0. Well, he starts and he loses his first game"...nonsense. Not hearing those comments from Villain...but the media. 

What I did was compared Mayfield's point's per game average which is indeed 42 points per game, but more telling, I compared the Browns offensive scoring drives between both Baker and Tyrod which is where things get real juicy. 

It showed that in 3.5 games Tyrod only had 7 scoring drives while in 1.5 games Mayfield had 12 scoring drives. 

So when I presented these facts (because Im dealing in facts here) I then said that it shouldn't be a stretch that if this kid is playing like this that they could have one those games given how close the scores were to begin with. 

Then here you come talking about how this "Stems" from me talking about how if Mayfield was the starter the Browns would be 3-1. As usual, taking things out of context to fit your agenda-laced narrative. 

Perfect example right here why I say It's a waste of time talking to you. This isnt my emotions, but a lack of comprehension by you and being intellectually dishonest about what is being said. That's the problem.

I will not address this topic with you again in this thread. 

3 hours ago, roscoeword said:

How has he shown he has the it factor?  He made a few passes against a gassed jets team that weren’t expecting him to play. Kudos to him but that doesn’t mean he is great. His first start certainly wasn’t lol

18 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Once again, showing your colors. 

This all stems from me saying things like the above? No it doesn't. This is just another example of you extracting things and not keeping them in context. My 3-1 comment was in response to numerous folks staying the typical "Well, I heard all this time that if Mayfield played the Browns would be 3-0. Well, he starts and he loses his first game"...nonsense. Not hearing those comments from Villain...but the media. 

What I did was compared Mayfield's point's per game average which is indeed 42 points per game, but more telling, I compared the Browns offensive scoring drives between both Baker and Tyrod which is where things get real juicy. 

It showed that in 3.5 games Tyrod only had 7 scoring drives while in 1.5 games Mayfield had 12 scoring drives. 

So when I presented these facts (because Im dealing in facts here) I then said that it shouldn't be a stretch that if this kid is playing like this that they could have one those games given how close the scores were to begin with. 

Then here you come talking about how this "Stems" from me talking about how if Mayfield was the starter the Browns would be 3-1. As usual, taking things out of context to fit your agenda-laced narrative. 

Perfect example right here why I say It's a waste of time talking to you. This isnt my emotions, but a lack of comprehension by you and being intellectually dishonest about what is being said. That's the problem.

I will not address this topic with you again in this thread. 

Haha what?  You’re very emotional about this topic and now you’re editing my posts to keep repeating the same sh*t I’m over and not answering my questions and now you won’t respond again?

nah, you’re not emotional hahaha

For those on lookers taking notes, I’d like you to notice how I have acknowledged every single point Villian has made.  

The one big point he won’t acknowledge and why he won’t answer my questions is the level of competition part of the equation. 

We have reached submission.  

1 minute ago, JiF said:

For those on lookers taking notes, I’d like you to notice how I have acknowledged every single point Villian has made.  

The one big point he won’t acknowledge and why he won’t answer my questions is the level of competition part of the equation. 

We have reached submission.  

I’ve been following it.  It’s fine that he is a major big time Baker fan but we are being pretty honest.  We aren’t saying he is a bust.  He has shown some good things and some bad things.  

5 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I’ve been following it.  It’s fine that he is a major big time Baker fan but we are being pretty honest.  We aren’t saying he is a bust.  He has shown some good things and some bad things.  

He likes Baker more than Baker likes Baker and that a lot because Baker loves him some Baker.   

He’s looked like a rookie.  Only time will tell. 

Archived