Revis throws shade at Bowles?

prime21

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regardless if this was Revis saying this or someone else this is NOT a new criticism of Bowles. The same thing has already been said by multiple players about games this year. Browns and Bills are two that come to my mind right away. This dick needs to go.

15 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Why is that?  Because he wanted to earn the most money he could in the NFL?  Or because he knew this team was never going to win a Super Bowl and went out and got what all players yearn for?  I'm confused?

I wonder if some of the folks who hate Revis for holding out are also hoping for Bell who held out for the entire season.

17 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

I wonder if some of the folks who hate Revis for holding out are also hoping for Bell who held out for the entire season.

well it's ok if you hold out on someone else, just not the Jets :)

I have no issues with what Revis said - who knows,  maybe that culture is the reason he gave up at the end (and he was not the only one), I also don't buy the Pepper Johnson malcontent line, his football resume is greater than bowles and kacy has never been held accountable under bowles

"where there's smoke there's fire" - mid year firing was better for all involved - this will continue to get worse

16 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Dont hate him at all for the holdouts. Credit him for it actually. In totality though, I really have a hard time seeing how he had a better career than a Ronde Barber, Champ Bailey, the Woodson's, Tillman etc etc. 

Even Sherman post achilles is playing at a high level. 

10 hours ago, DRJETS said:

“I don’t know if we had much of a player-coach type of relationship as I did with Rex Ryan and his coaching staff,” Revis said. “Rex Ryan and his coaching staff were amazing in terms of most of the guys who were on the staff played professionally or had a ton of coaching experience, and they wanted you to engage with them about how you felt about certain things with the scheme, how is the game plan this week and they would try to put us in the best position to make plays, and I think that’s why we were so successful under Rex.”

Revis was an average corner when Ryan took over the Jets, reliable but nothing great about him but soon we found out that the  previous regime did not play to his strength.  Our defense was mediocre at best, the previous three years under Mangini.  Love him or hate him but he is speaking the truth.  From what I saw the Jets entire staff were over their head especially Kacy Rodger and after reading the Pepper Johnson piece, it makes perfect sense that they weren't prepare for the Bills.  

jtfp.gif

honeymooners-out.jpg

6a00d83451b26169e20128773b5695970c.jpg

Bowles deserves it from all angles, side and sizes. He is flat out the worst NFL HC after the dumping of Hue Jackson. If Revis has came out immediately after the game, people would whine about him not being a team player. Question his motives if you want but fact is if you have to pick a side--one of all-time greatest Jets and one of the very few that will go into the HOF as a NY JET or Todd Suckin' Bowles... well, it's hard to imagine it's much of a choice.

17 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I never want to hear about this guy again.  One of the most unlikable jets of all time.  Close this thread.

i tend to think wilky was the most disliked jet of all time.  revis at least had some seasons wilky could only dream about, if he could dream.

1 hour ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

well it's ok if you hold out on someone else, just not the Jets :)

I have no issues with what Revis said - who knows,  maybe that culture is the reason he gave up at the end (and he was not the only one), I also don't buy the Pepper Johnson malcontent line, his football resume is greater than bowles and kacy has never been held accountable under bowles

"where there's smoke there's fire" - mid year firing was better for all involved - this will continue to get worse

yep.  i don't think there is any player past or current who is going to come straight out against bowles.  he probably was nice enough that they don't want to hurt him so we need to read in between the lines and get snippets here and there. but being nice doesn't mean being an effective coach.

18 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Revis is such a controversial figure here.  He obviously was incredible in his prime.  I have absolutely no issue with his holdouts.  This was his career and the NFL doesn't have guaranteed contracts (unless your name is Kirk Cousins - lol).  

However, later in his career he clearly didn't give max effort (or anything close to it).  For that, he deserves scorn.

Overall I'd take a player like him any day.  From our front office perspective though, we should've let him finish his career elsewhere once he left here.  Maybe we cut bait a year or two early but that's far better than a year or two late (when you can get screwed by cap ramifications).  Belichick rarely (if ever) makes this mistake.  He trades veterans rather than bringing them back for a bad late-career contract.  

Exactly and this is just another indictment of Macc and his bowing to the asinine thoughts of our owner.  

I realize that many don't like Revis here; also, he played really fell off. I am NOT making excuses for him at ALL. I seem to remember that instead of pressing, he played of Watkins. Now the quick receivers always gave Revis more trouble than the big strong fast ones, but what if Revis was playing the way Bowles/Rogers wanted him too? The play not to loose. Don't let him beat you long, just keep him in front of you.

Here is the question, Trumaine was considered to be the best press corner in FA (and one of the best) and he comes here and stinks. Other players here take plays off and get into bad/sloppy habits. If Revis is the only one that had this problem you can argue that his play fell off and he lost his fire. But, it appears players come here and suck. Maybe we don't scheme to their strengths. Others loose motivation. We play strong and then in the 4th quarter fall off.

I think when we replace the coaching staff and bring in a quality coaching group we might see that it wasn't the players at all. Maybe, just maybe, it is the coaching.

On 11/21/2018 at 8:09 AM, long suffering jets fan said:

I think people are more pissed with the way he played in his last stint with the Jets.  No matter the reason (age, injuries), he played like a practice squad player and had zero intensity. I feel that is the reason people look down upon him.

News flash ... Everyone's play eventually falls off ... Unless your Tom Brady.

I think people are more pissed with the way he played in his last stint with the Jets.  No matter the reason (age, injuries), he played like a practice squad player and had zero intensity. I feel that is the reason people look down upon him.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, Mark78 said:

Revis gave this organization many great years and he played his azz off doing so. He was the best CB in the NFL for many years and the best CB to ever play for the NY Jets. Losing takes its toll on everyone look at this message board and guys have the never to ridicule Revis. 

COME ON MAN

On 11/22/2018 at 12:31 PM, Mark78 said:

Many folks GM many folks started hating him during his first hold out, which ended before training camp.  Even after that contract. On the year that would have been his payday we balked and Tampa Bay gave him what he wanted.  Then we balked again and the Pats signed him.  

I agree he looked like crap once we resigned him, but I think he just didn't have it anymore. He wasn't any better for KC.

It almost like the other owners take delight in bullying Woody. Remember an NFL braintrust highly recommended Bowles...

I'd like to strangle every member of that committee. I can now imagine a group of owners off in the corner snickering "he took the simpleton last time, see if he will take the clown back! Rex the clown!"

Archived