Is this the most unlikable Jets team you can remember?

GreenWhite

Disappointing is the word that describes this years team. Jets have more talent than last season. Bowles is the main culprit. We could of had the same offense as last season which seemed to work well until McCown went down with an injury. We could of had consistency but Bowles fired Morton. Bowles dug his own hole. Get Bowles the **** out of here ASAP!

8 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I remember really disliking the Michael Vick Jets.  I also was sick of Chad Pennington toward the end of his Jet career.  I couldn't wait for him to be gone.

I dreaded the Penny floater to Coles over the middle.  Just waiting for someone to get hurt.  Awful teams.

2 hours ago, Nixhead said:

Disappointing is the word that describes this years team. Jets have more talent than last season. Bowles is the main culprit. We could of had the same offense as last season which seemed to work well until McCown went down with an injury. We could of had consistency but Bowles fired Morton. Bowles dug his own hole. Get Bowles the **** out of here ASAP!

I’d say “Flush Bowles” but my toilet has served me too well for such an indignity 

I don’t think they’re close to being the worst Jets team. That would be quite an accomplishment. This year was supposed to be about developing a QB though. If Sam sits out the rest of the year because of this ankle bs, it will go down as the worst waste of a season ever.

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I don’t think they’re close to being the worst Jets team. That would be quite an accomplishment. This year was supposed to be about developing a QB though. If Sam sits out the rest of the year because of this ankle bs, it will go down as the worst waste of a season ever.

First year OC hot off the Appalachian Trail and a HC that doesn’t know whether it’s Sunday or August on the sideline... what could go wrong with Sam’s development?

19 hours ago, GreenWhite said:

With Darnold out this week once again I will be rooting for the opponent to crush the Jets. 

Literally the only player outside of Darnold that I enjoy watching is Enunwa. Jamal Adams is a good player, but I cant stand his act. 

I feel most Jets fans are on the same page hoping Darnold is good and the and the entire roster and coaching staff around him is gone within 2 years. 

I for one was hoping to see just how bad Sarnold could get.. 

I really like the kid but he has been god awful .. Funny how some here were all over Sanchez but Darnold gets a pass and I fell both QB's were and are in very similar situations.

I'm still optimistic Darnold will get better just like I was with Sanchez but we have to hope and pray this franchise gets its act together and gets some real skill players in here and a real HC to point them in the right direction or I fear we will destroy yet another young QB. Sam is already playing with fear if that keeps compounding things will only get worse ...we are in dire need of change if we are going to help Sam grow.

7 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

talent wise they are not the worst Jets team I stand firm this team is coached by someone who has no feel for the game at all or the pulse of his team and that's a recipe for disaster

19 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I have truly disliked many Jet teams in the past - I don't really dislike this team but this might be the least talented team I can remember.

people said similar things in 96, 2 years later with a real HC we were a SB contender

Have to keep in mind there are more super athletes than ever in this league and putting them in the proper position to succeed it what wins games

The way this team is coached and the way this team drafts, this is bad. I can't stand seeing this buffoon of a coach standing on the sidelines like a statue, no emotion or any semblance of caring what is going on. Did you see Sean McVay Monday night, always involved, running up and down the sidelines, talking to and coaching players, the complete opposite of Blowes. Now we have an average player threatening to leave the team if they fire this coach. Must enjoy the non caring attitude in the locker room and the laxness of the coaches allowing it. Well its time to get rid of all these dregs who have led this team into this abyss. I don't think it gets any worse than this year with the team quitting, there's no excuse for that!!

18 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

talent wise they are not the worst Jets team I stand firm this team is coached by someone who has no feel for the game at all or the pulse of his team and that's a recipe for disaster

Bowles has no idea what to do after the first whistle. Sticks to the “game plan” no matter what. Like you said zero feel for the game at all.

Todd Bowles is #1 the worst culprit in this horrific run since Rex was jettisoned. From his horrific coaching decisions in Buffalo in 2015, to his constant additions to the secondary & his crappy defensive schemes that don't work. 

Forget the offense, we all know it's bad, has no elite players & has been totally disregarded by this buffoon of a coach, but remember this same azz has fired all of his OCs, while they've added nothing to the offense. 

Meanwhile the defense gets the meat of the bone every freaking year & they can't even stop a guy signed 11 days prior to a team that had won 2 games, averaged 10 points in their last 4 games, strolled into OUR HOUSE and dropped 41 points on Bowles/Rogers defense! That is a fireable offense my friends!!! 

Bowles and Bowles ALONE has made this the most unlikable period in my entire fandom. Kotites teams didn't give up, or lose to teams picking up QBs the same week we played them. Bowles has NEVER beaten a BACKUP QB while coaching the Jets! THAT STAT IS STAGGERING, and has to be some kind of NFL record for coaching incompetence! It doesn't surprise me one bit that the Rooney rule would screw the Jets, and don't get me wrong I am dead sure their are some deserving African American coaches out there but does it surprise any of you that when Woody decides diversity is a necessity for the Jets that we get maybe one of the worst coaches in history? Black or White, Bowles is a TRAIN WRECK! He's a godsend to every other coach in our division! Adam Gase OWNS HIM! Rex beat him with guys who cleaned out their lockers already! McDermott just crushed him at MetLife! No, this Jet squad isn't the most unlikeable team but the Coach on the sideline is! He stands there with this, I'm smarter than you indignation on his face & I want to smack that stupid smirk off his face after every blown coverage as another WR runs to the endzone with no defenders visible on the TV screen! This guy has single handedly ruined 4 seasons in a row for me. There is literally not one iota of enjoyment watching this sh*tshow he's created. He's ruining our young QB because not one decent Center wanted to even play here. No one outside of us fans wants to tell it like it is with Bowles because he's a "good guy". But he's a TERRIBLE HEAD COACH! Terrible! Every week  cringe seeing him there standing like Mute. Honestly, I want every team to CRUSH US! Just the idea that Leonard Williams said he'd want to move on if we fired Bowles tells you all you need to know about how this losers mentality has seeped into the team. Losing is UNACCEPTABLE in the NFL! Like Jerry Glanville said years ago, the NFL stands for NOT VERY LONG when your losing! I guess Leo likes losing? I'd trade his azz if I could get a decent return too! You could sign Geno Atkins for 1/2 the price & get 2 good years out of him! 

Ownership strikes again with this team. From Hess to Woody, there are 10 guys on this site that could have made decisions on coaches & players in the draft & done a better job than this group of morons running the franchise we love. I'm on the edge of saying f*ck off to this franchise & I know I'm not alone. If they don't turn things around in this social media age they'll have very few fans. They are unlikeable. 

Last year's team was much more unlikeable.  It was obvious the plan was to tank and for many reasons, losses were better than wins. Every players over 30 was let go.  The team was set up to lose and draft a franchise QB and get rid of a horrible HC and CS as well. Instead, the Jets trot out a 38 year old journeyman QB who has a career year and the Jets win 5 meaningless games.  That save Bowles his job (just think, Nagy or Reich could be coaching this team this year!) and Macc is forced to fork over 3 2nd round picks to draft the QB. The Jets win two less games and pick 2nd instead of 6th, hold onto the picks and are rid of Bowles.

Last year was the first time in my life as a fan that I couldn't care less what the team did and actually rooted for losses the entire season.  That was a horrible year. This year we at least have some young players to watch, including a QB.

I would not put Darnold out there again this year. He has his experience. The team is terrible. The OL is terrible. There are no skill players.  Let his foot heal, play McCown and lose baby lose.  Start the search for a new offensive minded HC. Get an early draft pick and find a stud pass rusher or a stud OL.  

Other teams that were horrible to root for - more so than this year - include the 2016 Jets. Did anyone really want Fitztragic back?  Not me.  I hated him in 2015 when he was winning.  It was inevitable that he would choke.  Tampa fell under the spell this year - a few great games sprinkled around total garbage.  There was no reason to bring him back in 2016 for the ridiculous money he was asking. And the core of the 2015 was clearly way too old, as we saw in 2017 when they were all cut and none were picked up or made an impact in the NFL again.  

4 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Last year's team was much more unlikeable.  It was obvious the plan was to tank and for many reasons, losses were better than wins. Every players over 30 was let go.  The team was set up to lose and draft a franchise QB and get rid of a horrible HC and CS as well. Instead, the Jets trot out a 38 year old journeyman QB who has a career year and the Jets win 5 meaningless games.  That save Bowles his job (just think, Nagy or Reich could be coaching this team this year!) and Macc is forced to fork over 3 2nd round picks to draft the QB. The Jets win two less games and pick 2nd instead of 6th, hold onto the picks and are rid of Bowles.

Last year was the first time in my life as a fan that I couldn't care less what the team did and actually rooted for losses the entire season.  That was a horrible year. This year we at least have some young players to watch, including a QB.

I would not put Darnold out there again this year. He has his experience. The team is terrible. The OL is terrible. There are no skill players.  Let his foot heal, play McCown and lose baby lose.  Start the search for a new offensive minded HC. Get an early draft pick and find a stud pass rusher or a stud OL.  

Other teams that were horrible to root for - more so than this year - include the 2016 Jets. Did anyone really want Fitztragic back?  Not me.  I hated him in 2015 when he was winning.  It was inevitable that he would choke.  Tampa fell under the spell this year - a few great games sprinkled around total garbage.  There was no reason to bring him back in 2016 for the ridiculous money he was asking. And the core of the 2015 was clearly way too old, as we saw in 2017 when they were all cut and none were picked up or made an impact in the NFL again.  

2016 was horrible & just to remind us just how horrible it was we jettisoned Revis & 2 years later signed another older CB looking for his last paycheck & Macc gave him 72 million & he looks like he's quit already. Macc...getting the experience he needs to not make the same mistake twice ?

Archived