Kareem Hunt Attacks Woman

prime21

Kareem Hunt Released by Chiefs After Altercation Video Emerges

TIM DANIELSNOVEMBER 30, 2018

Kelvin Kuo/Associated Press

The Kansas City Chiefs announced the release of running back Kareem Hunt on Friday after TMZ Sports posted a video of Hunt in a physical altercation with a 19-year-old woman at a Cleveland hotel in February. 

His release came shortly after the NFL announced Hunt was placed on the commissioner exempt list.

In February, Courtney Astolfi of Cleveland.com reported two police reports were filed following the altercation with Hunt listed as the suspect on one and Abigail Ottinger, the 19-year-old woman shoved and kicked in the security footage, listed as the suspect on the other.

No charges were filed in the case. Friday marked the first time the video was made publicly available.

Hunt said in August he "learned" from his offseason—which also included allegedly punching a man in the face at an Ohio resort in June—and remained "focused on football."

"Just be in the right place at the right time," he told reporters. "I'm going to keep thinking about football and go out there and do my job."

Following his release, Hunt issued a statement which was relayed by NFL Network's Ian Rapoport: "I want to apologize for my actions. I deeply regret what I did. I hope to move on from this."

Hunt appeared in each of the Chiefs' first 11 games of the 2018 regular season. He tallied 1,202 yards from scrimmage and 14 total touchdowns.

•  
  •  
  •  

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Barkus said:

Thinking the same thing. Mixon straight out punched a girl in the face with full force and knocked her out cold and easily could have killed her ALL ON VIDEO and basically just was drafted a few rounds later than he should have gone. He is now a starting RB and having a very good year.

Totally agree with you, but it sounds like the biggest reason KC released Hunt is because he lied to them about what happened. When they saw the video, they realized that he straight up lied

8 hours ago, Hael said:

If you’re a guy and a woman punches you.  Frankly, you take it and you laugh in their face.  JFC, they’ve got nothing on those punches.  And if they are 250lb and it hurts, well you spit blood back in their face and still laugh.

Anyway, almost always you can simply walk away, and at worst just shove them away.  

Any guy that punches back is the worlds biggest p&#$y, and I lose all respect for them.  The whole ‘they’ve got it coming excuse’ is the weakest thing I’ve ever heard.

You won’t punch her but it’s ok to spit blood in her face? Then laugh? How about stepping away and put your hands up then realize her problems started way before meeting you? Let her negatively effect someone else’s life. Other people kids! Jeesh

9 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Why did she come back, and why did she punch him? She is only the victim here because she got hurt. For some reason, men have to just stand there and accept violence from a woman. I don't hit anyone, so this isn't about what I would do. I walk away from physical altercations, but I understand that after she punched him in the face, he got mad and lost his temper. 

Hunt and his entourage asked her to leave when she said that she was 19. No doesn't mean no here.

Please show me where in the video that it shown her punching him? And if that is the case do you condone him beating her up.  The entire video was about Hunt smacking her around like some rag doll.  TMZ just release a video of her crying begging for the keystone cop in Ohio to press charges and to please watch the video.  She is saying that one Hunt entourage took her friend phone.   If the cop had done due diligence they would had press charge not only against Hunt but also against his friend who clearly show took her friend phone by force THAT IS STILL ASSAULT IN AMERICA.  The cops was giving her the go around saying it is too difficult to get the video from the hotel, all kind of BS either not to work or trying to save that garbage of a human being. 

6 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Well it certainly hope that no one you care for ever does anything wrong, because I guess from that moment on they'd be dead to you.

Very true.  I have had relatives who have punched a woman or made similar sized mistakes.  They are no longer allowed around me or my family.  You ostracize those people from the community.  

6 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

Please show me where in the video it shown her punching him? And if that is the case do you condone him beating her up.  The entire video was about Hunt smacking her around like some rag doll.  TMZ just release a video of her crying begging to the keystone cop in Ohio to press charges and to please watch the video.  She is saying that one Hunt entourage took her friend phone.   If the cop had done due diligence they would had press charge not only against Hunt but also against his friend who clearly show took her friend phone by force THAT IS STILL ASSAULT IN AMERICA. 

Go back and watch it yourself. It's right after he pushes her away the first time. 

No, I don't condone him beating a woman. I don't condone anyone beating a woman. I don't condone a woman hitting a man either. 

I can release a video begging the cops to arrest Mike Maccagnan, so that video is useless. 

If his friend took her phone, that is wrong, and has nothing to do with Hunt, unless Hunt told him to take the phone. 

I'm not absolving Hunt of any wrong doing, but I do want to make sure that everyone is aware that there are two parties in the wrong here. Hunt was wrong, but so was she. 

8 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

You know that Hunt is somebody's son, right? It's ok for a woman to walk up to a man and hit him?

Did you watch the video? She approached him, and he shoved her away. She approaches him a second time and punches him in the face. After she approaches him a third time, she gets knocked into by someone else. He then delivers the weakest kick I have ever seen in my life. If he wanted to hurt her, he could have kicked her really hard. He should have walked away from the beginning, but this is the biggest nothingburger I have seen when it comes to altercations. 

He got in trouble for lying to the Chiefs, not for the severity of the video, which has been way overblown. 

Where in the video it show her hitting Hunt?  That somebody son just treated a 19 years old like some rag doll smacking her around at will including kicked her while she was down on the floor unresponsive after being pushed to the wall head first by Hunt. 

14 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

Where in the video it show her hitting Hunt?  That somebody son just treated a 19 years old like some rag doll smacking her around at will including kicked her while she was down on the floor unresponsive after being pushed to the wall head first by Hunt. 

It's the part of the video where she punches (Reports say slapped) him. That somebody's daughter thought that it was ok to disregard his request to leave his room. No means no, even when guys say it to girls. That somebody's daughter assaulted that somebody's son after she was asked to leave. What he did after that is on him. I am not defending his actions after she hit him. The fact remains that she was asked to leave, and then she hit him. She is as much at fault as he is.

Edit - From this point on, I will say that she struck him. I'm  not getting into a semantics argument over the type of attack. She struck Kareem. 

1 minute ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

It's the part of the video where she punches him. That somebody's daughter thought that it was ok to disregard his request to leave his room. No means no, even when guys say it to girls. That somebody's daughter assaulted that somebody's son after she was asked to leave. What he did after that is on him. I am not defending his actions after she hit him. The fact remains that she was asked to leave, and then she hit him. She is as much at fault as he is.

Very true.  Neither of them should have the privledge to play in the NFL.

2 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

It's the part of the video where she punches him. That somebody's daughter thought that it was ok to disregard his request to leave his room. No means no, even when guys say it to girls. That somebody's daughter assaulted that somebody's son after she was asked to leave. What he did after that is on him. I am not defending his actions after she hit him. The fact remains that she was asked to leave, and then she hit him. She is as much at fault as he is.

2 wrongs don't make a right and in this instance he has a lot more to lose than she does everyone makes mistakes. Suffer the consequences be responsible for your actions like I tell my kids and move on. 

1 minute ago, Butterfield said:

Very true.  Neither of them should have the privledge to play in the NFL.

I disagree. I am not religious, but I believe in redemption. He can make this right by doing a PSA against all types of violence, including hitting women. Also, he can make a substantial donation to a battered woman's charity. This shouldn't be the end of his career.

2 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I disagree. I am not religious, but I believe in redemption. He can make this right by doing a PSA against all types of violence, including hitting women. Also, he can make a substantial donation to a battered woman's charity. This shouldn't be the end of his career.

I disagree.  He shouldn’t have the privledge to play football, or really do anything else, in life.  I certainly wouldn’t hire him for even the lowest of positions.  You make a mistake like that and you should be punished for life.  Enough of this weak crap, take his balls.

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

2 wrongs don't make a right and in this instance he has a lot more to lose than she does everyone makes mistakes. Suffer the consequences be responsible for your actions like I tell my kids and move on. 

Agreed. Two wrongs do not make a right, but it takes two to tango. He didn't just arbitrarily decide to attack her. He retaliated against her violent attack. She didn't do any damage, but the act and the intent were there. Where he went wrong was his disproportionate attack. 

I also agree that he needs to add an extra layer of self-awareness for the consequences of his actions. We all do. 

14 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Go back and watch it yourself. It's right after he pushes her away the first time. 

No, I don't condone him beating a woman. I don't condone anyone beating a woman. I don't condone a woman hitting a man either. 

I can release a video begging the cops to arrest Mike Maccagnan, so that video is useless. 

If his friend took her phone, that is wrong, and has nothing to do with Hunt, unless Hunt told him to take the phone. 

I'm not absolving Hunt of any wrong doing, but I do want to make sure that everyone is aware that there are two parties in the wrong here. Hunt was wrong, but so was she. 

At 11 Sec he pushed her, at 15 sec he come back and again push her she raise her hand to absolve the blow,  at 27 sec he came bulldozing pushing her and a guy in front of her, she hit head first into the wall clearly showing sign of concussion.  At 1.02 it show Hunt's bulky friend taking away her friend phone by force while she was recording the beating.  At 1.14 he kicked her while SHE DOWN ON THE FLOOR UNRESPONSIVE.  That last act alone was so cowardly that he doesn't deserve another chance in the NFL. 

4 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

At 11 Sec he pushed her, at 15 sec he come back and again push her she raise her hand to absolve the blow,  at 27 sec he came bulldozing pushing her and a guy in front of her, she hit head first into the wall clearly showing sign of concussion.  At 1.02 it show Hunt's bulky friend taking away her friend phone by force while she was recording the beating.  At 1.14 he kicked her while SHE DOWN ON THE FLOOR UNRESPONSIVE.  That last act alone was so cowardly that he doesn't deserve another chance in the NFL. 

Actions, reactions 3 sides to every story. A mistake was made by all involved cant we all agree on that. 

2 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

I disagree.  He shouldn’t have the privledge to play football, or really do anything else, in life.  I certainly wouldn’t hire him for even the lowest of positions.  You make a mistake like that and you should be punished for life.  Enough of this weak crap, take his balls.

I'm a baby eating atheist, and I understand the power of forgiveness and redemption. Should she have her career ruined for instigating the altercation? I don't. Should there be charges pressed against her for attacking first, yes? This idea that a woman can just hit a man when she pleases just because she is weaker is staggering. My personal belief is that I don't hit women. There is no winning when that happens. Be damn sure that I am pressing charges if a woman hits me, because it is unacceptable for anyone to hit anyone without consequences.

We are just going to have to disagree. You can come back from some mistakes, especially in the case of Hunt. A young man can grow from something like this and take steps to make his life, and the life of others better. There are some things that can be considered one strike and you're out. This is not one of them. 

8 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

Nope. She slapped him, and he pushed her away. I saw the video, and the reports are that she struck him.

5 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I'm a baby eating atheist, and I understand the power of forgiveness and redemption. Should she have her career ruined for instigating the altercation? I don't. Should there be charges pressed against her for attacking first, yes? This idea that a woman can just hit a man when she pleases just because she is weaker is staggering. My personal belief is that I don't hit women. There is no winning when that happens. Be damn sure that I am pressing charges if a woman hits me, because it is unacceptable for anyone to hit anyone without consequences.

We are just going to have to disagree. You can come back from some mistakes, especially in the case of Hunt. A young man can grow from something like this and take steps to make his life, and the life of others better. There are some things that can be considered one strike and you're out. This is not one of them. 

I agree that she shouldn’t hit him either.  And yes, that wrong should follow her.  We will have to disagree on the rest.  Some have morals, some don’t.  Some have standards, some don’t.  

Stupid stupid move if I was an NFL Star I’d hire the biggest dude I could find with the instructions to knock me out before I let something like this happen.

nevertheless this isn’t ray rice or Joe Mixon level bad, he will definitely get another shot and jets aren’t in a position where we can be picky with offensive talent. Macc sucks we may need to bottom feed to be competitive. Sad but I just want a team that can win some games. Short leash him and give him a shot.

21 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Nope. She slapped him, and he pushed her away. I saw the video, and the reports are that she struck him.

Entire video show him running around shoving her hard, trying to get off people preventing him from at the very least causing her some seriously bodily harm, Including at the very end kicking her to the ground while she was crouching down.  That act was so cowardly but then again not all of us have the same moral values. 

56 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

it doesn't but at the same time there's some activity going on in an alcove to the left and it looks like the woman kept on going after hunt.  nobody is condoning what hunt did but at the same time this woman was clearly provoking somethings.

as for the chiefs releasing him, it sends a huge message beyond his getting suspended by the league.  i'll give the chiefs a ton of credit because a lot of teams would would keep the criminals if they were key players.  as it stands now, the chiefs will be hard pressed to replace this clown.

2 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

Entire video show him running around shoving her hard, trying to get off people preventing him from at the very least causing her some seriously bodily harm, Including at the very end kicking her to the ground while she was crouching down.  That act was so cowardly but then again not all of us have the same moral values. 

You can focus on the part where he was wrong, and I'm agreeing with you that he was wrong. I'm bringing focus to the part where she instigated the altercation. 

I am not defending him, but I am making sure that people give her the business too. He was wrong. She was wrong. 

Archived