The human penalty machine strikes again

section314

29 minutes ago, tuffhand said:

Leonard Williams is a prime example of a player who is placed in a losing culture and becomes accustomed to losing. Maybe a new coach can salvage him or maybe he needs a change of scenery. We'll find out next year.

Devin Smith was hurt his entire time with the Jets so I don't understand how he "stole his paycheck", unless you wanted him to play on crutches. I don't think his plan was to get drafted, injure his ribs, blow out his knee twice and go on IR.

lets just say that he was a slow healer

10 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

He struggled yesterday (which is a common occurrence for CBs when facing DeAndre Hopkins) but he's generally been very good for us the last two years. I'd want him back, personally.

The CB we shoudl be concerned about his Trumaine Johnson. He's making a lot of money and has generally been terrible.

If that was true the Texans wouldn't have lined Hopkins on Claiborne's side the whole game. Trumaine Johnson was injured earlier in the season thats why he was so bad but is healthy now and has been playing well the last 3 or 4 games. 

12 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I hope we grab an extra safety with our cap surplus. You can’t have enough depth and more coaches will utilize 3 safety looks for passing downs. It honestly can’t hurt and Maye isn’t reliable and has a low ceiling.

Grab the honey badger and you have instant flexibility in the secondary since he can play slot corner as well. Hell, you can grab him and Deone Buccanon and have excellent safety/corner depth.

Use our cap surplus (that will be difficult to spend) to our advantage and build a great secondary. We can finish the defense in free agency this year (including passrusher) and start drafting heavy on offense. That would be great. 

Only reason we didn’t have honey badger this year is because he knocked up todd’s Step Daughter—there is zero chance bowles could control the badge with that leverage 

6 hours ago, Barkus said:

Tru only gave up 2 catches for 14yds to Hopkins. Bowles the moron did not double Hopkins or have tru follow him. Awful coaching as usual.

They were blitzing Watson and had him rattled the whole game so why would you double Hopkins? Plus the Jets had to keep a spy on Watson or else he would have took off and ran. Whatever play you call on defense you have to give up something. What to double Hopkins? Ok, now you don't have a spy and neither can you blitz. Plus Hopkins got most of his yards on one play so the Jets made the right call not to double him. But I do agree with you that they should have had Johnson on him the whole time.

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, hes no Snacks Harrison.  Or a Henry Anderson.

Hes pathetic.  And, LOL, SOFT.  Unmotivated.   You cant make this shlt up 

Devon Smith, more than one injury, that seals it.  A BUST.  I mean what a bad draft pick, a total waste, Macc should have known he would blow a knee out.  

Devin smith when healthy was pure awful.  He was 100% a bust.  so was hack, so was stewart, so was hansen.

Is Anderson better than Leo?  He sure is more impactful because he can rush the passer and that is what the game is about.

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Devin smith when healthy was pure awful.  He was 100% a bust.  so was hack, so was stewart, so was hansen.

Is Anderson better than Leo?  He sure is more impactful because he can rush the passer and that is what the game is about.

yeah, he was awful for the time in camp when he was healthy or that day just after he healed.  Total nonsense, we never saw him healthy, you have no clue what he would have been if he didn't get hurt.  

And anyone who thinks DL play is all about sacks, well that's as bad as saying Adams should have been a day two pick.   Funny, not being a sack guy never seemed to keep Snacks from being so overrated by many.  Now, it's what it's all about.  

On 12/16/2018 at 5:33 PM, Creepy Lurker said:

If you are referring to the honey badger, I’m being serious. Only certain players actually hit FA (safeties being one position) and we could use the depth. We have all the money in the world so might as well take what we could get.

If the actual available talent in FA is defense, that doesn’t cost draft capital and we need to add all types of talent at all costs. Obviously offense is more important but the available defensive free agents look much better and again, would only cost money, not picks. We need to target offense as well.

Just making a point about the quality of other positions that we can probably get for reasonable contracts and the opinion that Maye can’t be relied on. 

I understand your reiterated position now.  Yeah, we can use some upgrades, I agree.  However, I do not the Honey Badger is the player he use to be.

9 minutes ago, GKnight83 said:

I understand your reiterated position now.  Yeah, we can use some upgrades, I agree.  However, I do not the Honey Badger is the player he use to be.

We could have had the Honey Badger, but Bowles said he had nowhere to use him. The guy is a total moron.

13 hours ago, Larz said:

Pff has him as average, the 72nd rated corner. 

I think he was better early on and has slipped recently 

Tru wasn’t that bad first couple games of the year.  I’m hoping it’s bowles being an empty suit caused his performance to fall off a cliff otherwise this is almost as bad as the Mo Wilk debacle

9 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Who do you suppose we replace him with?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Maybe a seventh round draft pick, like the one we gave up for Henry Anderson, who's outplayed him this year.  Or the Tin Man who finally has a heart, or the Cowardly Lion, who finally has the nerve.  Maybe we should just send him back to Kansas, he's not getting it done here.

Maybe a seventh round draft pick, like the one we gave up for Henry Anderson, who's outplayed him this year.  Or the Tin Man who finally has a heart, or the Cowardly Lion, who finally has the nerve.  Maybe we should just send him back to Kansas, he's not getting it done here.
Cool that sounds realistic

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

On 12/16/2018 at 12:18 PM, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Marcus Mayes is a football player.  He is a Hitter;  one of the few on this soft defense.  He has had a bad year because of injury,, lets hope it isn't a trend. In the one game he was seemingly healthy I saw a lot of the same attributes that he displayed last year that made me think that he was an arriving impact type player.  He flew to the ball and made the opponent pay the price- every time. So lets wait a little bit before we start comparing him to Hackenburg/Smith/LEONARD WILLIAMS busts

This!...Maye hits like a truck.  Hardest hitter in the secondary.  If he stays healthy, he is an asset.

On 12/16/2018 at 5:37 PM, Barkus said:

Tru only gave up 2 catches for 14yds to Hopkins. Bowles the moron did not double Hopkins or have tru follow him. Awful coaching as usual.

Schemes aren't as simple as just doubling someone. Most modern defenses read the slot, and what they do is based upon that. There are definitely plays that allow you to double, but there are definitely drawbacks. Look up Match Quarters. Site is pretty damn awesome for explaining it. Or Thomas Macpherson on YouTube. Coaches Choice also has a Cover 7 DVD from Alabama. Only $8 today only. 

Archived