The human penalty machine strikes again

section314

NFL CBs get beat it happens the real problem with the secondary yesterday (and in general) was no Marcus Maye. Darryl Roberts as a FS was playing out of position and they couldn't blitz Adams as much as they wanted.  

hopefully Maye can stay healthy next season but his development has already been impacted. Started out looking like an awesome 2nd round pick but another injury he trending toward the Devin Smith/Hackengarbage MAC bust file. 

11 minutes ago, bitonti said:

NFL CBs get beat it happens the real problem with the secondary yesterday (and in general) was no Marcus Maye. Darryl Roberts as a FS was playing out of position and they couldn't blitz Adams as much as they wanted.  

hopefully Maye can stay healthy next season but his development has already been impacted. Started out looking like an awesome 2nd round pick but another injury he trending toward the Devin Smith/Hackengarbage MAC bust file. 

I hope we grab an extra safety with our cap surplus. You can’t have enough depth and more coaches will utilize 3 safety looks for passing downs. It honestly can’t hurt and Maye isn’t reliable and has a low ceiling.

Grab the honey badger and you have instant flexibility in the secondary since he can play slot corner as well. Hell, you can grab him and Deone Buccanon and have excellent safety/corner depth.

Use our cap surplus (that will be difficult to spend) to our advantage and build a great secondary. We can finish the defense in free agency this year (including passrusher) and start drafting heavy on offense. That would be great. 

Marcus Mayes is a football player.  He is a Hitter;  one of the few on this soft defense.  He has had a bad year because of injury,, lets hope it isn't a trend. In the one game he was seemingly healthy I saw a lot of the same attributes that he displayed last year that made me think that he was an arriving impact type player.  He flew to the ball and made the opponent pay the price- every time. So lets wait a little bit before we start comparing him to Hackenburg/Smith/LEONARD WILLIAMS busts

1 hour ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

I hope you meant that he should probably resign.  He is clueless, heartless, ineffective, slow, soft, weak ,disinterested, slow......need I go on?  Nice guy, bad football player.  We've got enough of those guys, bye

He struggled yesterday (which is a common occurrence for CBs when facing DeAndre Hopkins) but he's generally been very good for us the last two years. I'd want him back, personally.

The CB we shoudl be concerned about his Trumaine Johnson. He's making a lot of money and has generally been terrible.

I hope you meant that he should probably resign.  He is clueless, heartless, ineffective, slow, soft, weak ,disinterested, slow......need I go on?  Nice guy, bad football player.  We've got enough of those guys, bye

What are you talking about?  Is he Revis at his best, no.  Is he as bad as this says.  No way

Marcus Mayes is a football player.  He is a Hitter;  one of the few on this soft defense.  He has had a bad year because of injury,, lets hope it isn't a trend. In the one game he was seemingly healthy I saw a lot of the same attributes that he displayed last year that made me think that he was an arriving impact type player.  He flew to the ball and made the opponent pay the price- every time. So lets wait a little bit before we start comparing him to Hackenburg/Smith/LEONARD WILLIAMS busts

Love when someone calls a player like L Williams a bust because he hasnt become Reggie White

Its almost as ridiculous as to keep calling a player who is injured in his first camp and never gets to develop, or not, so is called a bust.  Thats just pathetic

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

.Love when someone calls a player like L Williams a bust because he hasnt become Reggie White

Its almost as ridiculous as to keep calling a player who is injured in his first camp and never gets to develop, or not, so is called a bust.  Thats just pathetic

He hasn't become Mo Wilkerson, Sheldon Richardson, Snacks Harrison or even Henry Anderson for that matter either,  What is pathetic is the total lack of energy, grit and passion that he brings  to the game on a consistent basis.  What also is pathetic is the way he stands around the pile after a play and celebrates like he just accomplished something, He is a soft, unmotivated underachiever who hasn't amounted to  a hill of beans, yet we continue to make excuses for him based on his draft position and one half of  a productive rookie season.  Sorry;  Also Devin Smith had more than one injured camp to prove his worth and never did.  Couldn't run a route or catch a pass, shied away from contact and was a bust if there ever was one,  so stop the pity party for someone who stole his paycheck for the two plus years that the Jets carried him on the roster

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

As good as any one player is you're of no use if you're constantly on IR.

8 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

He hasn't become Mo Wilkerson, Sheldon Richardson, Snacks Harrison or even Henry Anderson for that matter either,  What is pathetic is the total lack of energy, grit and passion that he brings  to the game on a consistent basis.  What also is pathetic is the way he stands around the pile after a play and celebrates like he just accomplished something, He is a soft, unmotivated underachiever who hasn't amounted to  a hill of beans, yet we continue to make excuses for him based on his draft position and one half of  a productive rookie season.  Sorry;  Also Devin Smith had more than one injured camp to prove his worth and never did.  Couldn't run a route or catch a pass, shied away from contact and was a bust if there ever was one,  so stop the pity party for someone who stole his paycheck for the two plus years that the Jets carried him on the roster

Yeah, hes no Snacks Harrison.  Or a Henry Anderson.

Hes pathetic.  And, LOL, SOFT.  Unmotivated.   You cant make this shlt up 

Devon Smith, more than one injury, that seals it.  A BUST.  I mean what a bad draft pick, a total waste, Macc should have known he would blow a knee out.  

To be a cover corner one has to cover,  Clairborne consistently plays  10plus yards off of the receiver,  then hopes to urge the receiver out of bounds.  Can't honestly remember him breaking up a single pass this year  Also you guys act like he is doing "all of this" for free.  It's not 72million but he is very well overpaid for what he doesn't bring to the table.  Tackles like he is made out of glass,  No.2 corner my a**

4 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Kinda says it all. He’s glass

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Love when someone calls a player like L Williams a bust because he hasnt become Reggie White

Reggie White??? He’s somewhat better than Betty White.  I don’t want the Jets to be giving him huge dollars, and that’s what will happen if Maccagnan is kept. I’d take Henry Anderson over Williams any day.

5 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Reggie White??? He’s somewhat better than Betty White.  I don’t want the Jets to be giving him huge dollars, and that’s what will happen if Maccagnan is kept. I’d take Henry Anderson over Williams any day.

Betty White.  LOL, so cute.  You take Anderson, everyone else takes Williams all day.I know its hard to see anything other than sack totals.  

Do you have pictures of that crystal ball? 

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Betty White.  LOL, so cute.  You take Anderson, everyone else takes Williams all day.I know its hard to see anything other than sack totals.  

Do you have pictures of that crystal ball? 

Sack totals, tackles, forced fumbles, tackles for loss, assists, pressures, knock-downs, batted balls, fumble recoveries doesn't do any of these things either so don't say it's all about the sacks,  it's all about everything. And what about the non-existent double teams that he supposedly faces.  Henry Anderson, acquired for a late round draft pick, {7th round}  has been by far the superior player this year.  And it's far from just about sacks.

3 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Sack totals, tackles, forced fumbles, tackles for loss, assists, pressures, knock-downs, batted balls, fumble recoveries doesn't do any of these things either so don't say it's all about the sacks,  it's all about everything. And what about the non-existent double teams that he supposedly faces.  Henry Anderson, acquired for a late round draft pick, {7th round}  has been by far the superior player this year.  And it's far from just about sacks.

Anderson is so much better that he isnt on the field anywhere near the amount of time.  He isnt anywhere near the player other than rushing the QB.  Its not debatable.  Anyone who says Williams isnt doubled has no idea what theyre talking about.  We've been through this nonsense before.  Anderson was a great pick up.  Hes not better than Williams

5 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I hope we grab an extra safety with our cap surplus. You can’t have enough depth and more coaches will utilize 3 safety looks for passing downs. It honestly can’t hurt and Maye isn’t reliable and has a low ceiling.

Grab the honey badger and you have instant flexibility in the secondary since he can play slot corner as well. Hell, you can grab him and Deone Buccanon and have excellent safety/corner depth.

Use our cap surplus (that will be difficult to spend) to our advantage and build a great secondary. We can finish the defense in free agency this year (including passrusher) and start drafting heavy on offense. That would be great. 

I sure hope you are being sarcastic.  The only time he was mentioned yesterday was...never.  I saw him walking back to the huddle a couple times.  I did miss the first quarter though.

1 minute ago, GKnight83 said:

I sure hope you are being sarcastic.  The only time he was mentioned yesterday was...never.  I saw him walking back to the huddle a couple times.  I did miss the first quarter though.

If you are referring to the honey badger, I’m being serious. Only certain players actually hit FA (safeties being one position) and we could use the depth. We have all the money in the world so might as well take what we could get.

If the actual available talent in FA is defense, that doesn’t cost draft capital and we need to add all types of talent at all costs. Obviously offense is more important but the available defensive free agents look much better and again, would only cost money, not picks. We need to target offense as well.

Just making a point about the quality of other positions that we can probably get for reasonable contracts and the opinion that Maye can’t be relied on. 

3 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Claiborne is a solid #2 CB. Trumaine Johnson on the other hand, was so bad that they had to take him off of Hopkins yesterday. $72 million, ouch!

Tru only gave up 2 catches for 14yds to Hopkins. Bowles the moron did not double Hopkins or have tru follow him. Awful coaching as usual.

26 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Anderson is so much better that he isnt on the field anywhere near the amount of time.  He isnt anywhere near the player other than rushing the QB.  Its not debatable.  Anyone who says Williams isnt doubled has no idea what theyre talking about.  We've been through this nonsense before.  Anderson was a great pick up.  Hes not better than Williams

You are Right.  Anderson plays only 58% of the defensive snaps as opposed to Williams 81%.  Now lets compare the numbers Total tackles {34 vs.31].  Solo Tackles {20 vs.17} Tackles for loss {8 vs 6}.  Quarterback hits {17 vs 14}. So to sum this up  Anderson has produced virtually the same stats as Leo while playing 23% fewer defensive snaps and  doubling his sack total with six sacks compared to Williams three.  All this from a player acquired with a seventh round draft choice, compared to a player drafted sixth overall.   Anyone who says Williams is consistently doubled is either not paying attention or dreaming.. He doesn't warrant a double team.  Unfortunately none of our linemen do.  That being said, this year,  a case can be made that Henry Anderson has been a better player than the Magnificent Leonard Williams.  Get over it.  I have

32 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

6 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Leonard Williams is a prime example of a player who is placed in a losing culture and becomes accustomed to losing. Maybe a new coach can salvage him or maybe he needs a change of scenery. We'll find out next year.

Devin Smith was hurt his entire time with the Jets so I don't understand how he "stole his paycheck", unless you wanted him to play on crutches. I don't think his plan was to get drafted, injure his ribs, blow out his knee twice and go on IR.

Archived