Dwayne Haskins Declares for Draft

Lith

4 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Hello Mr. Mara.....you know that thing you have about never wanting to trade with the Jets?  You better reconsider that, I've got the Jags on the other line......

I love it. Mara and the Giants got exposed not going QB last year. 

25 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

And with their 1st of two 2019 2nd round picks the NY Jets select . . . . :D

Are you suggesting we'd be moving down from # 3 to out of the 1st round entirely?

We'd better get a 2020 and 2021 first rounder out of the deal in that case!

25 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Hello Mr. Mara.....you know that thing you have about never wanting to trade with the Jets?  You better reconsider that, I've got the Jags on the other line......

I was saying last year that the Giants would NEVER trade with the jets to let us get a franchise QB and vice versa. I think now that we have Darnold, if the price is right I could see Macc trading with the Giants.

42 minutes ago, Lith said:

Its official.  Haskins to enter the draft.

Now lets hope someone want to move up; but not too far up.  3 would be about right.  I hope.

1st 3 teams don’t need a QB. Jumping Oakland at #4 is the key. Gosh I hope this happens if Bose is possible the board

10 minutes ago, rangerous said:

yep.  there are enough teams that need qb's.  all the jets need are more top flight qb's in the draft.

Actually....I hope Haskins wows and no one else does.  What the Jets really need is that there is only 1 top flight QB in the draft. 

Then, the bidding can get really serious as the teams that lose out don't have a viable alternative.

7 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Actually....I hope Haskins wows and no one else does.  What the Jets really need is that there is only 1 top flight QB in the draft. 

Then, the bidding can get really serious as the teams that lose out don't have a viable alternative.

Meh, it doesn’t matter.  There’s still going to be a team that wants its first choice.  If there are two, even more likely that someone trades to 3.  If only one, what’s to stop a team from trading to 1 or 2?

6 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

There is no viable alternative anyway. Drew Lock is likely the next best and he’s a 2nd rd talent through& through. 

3 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

He needs a good combine. If he makes all his throws and looks good he’ll go top 5. 

Agreed. I think this is going to be a 3 team bidding war for our pick — I would be weary of them trying to secure a #1 or #2 pick but being that SF/ARI have QB’s, it’s likely they look to us. We are a lower buy anyway. It just makes too much sense.

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

that works too.

Archived