CFB Championship Game Thread

New York Mick

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

Ok so we can’t all agree that the halftime so was ******* awful. Let’s get back to what’s important. Who’s the 3rd pick if the Jets can’t trade down. 

Mom not overly impressed with any of them. I’d take J Williams out of the Three top guys so far still but ffs please trade down. 

It has to be Josh Allen if he drops. He’s the biggest freak available and has the elite potential that is lacking from the guys we’re watching tonight.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, New York Mick said:

Ok so we can’t all agree that the halftime so was ******* awful. Let’s get back to what’s important. Who’s the 3rd pick if the Jets can’t trade down. 

I’m  not overly impressed with any of them. I’d take J Williams out of the Three top guys so far still but ffs please trade down. 

If we can't move down i'm taking the receiver from Arizona State.

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Alright, that's a fair concern, but allow to me off you this rebuttle

1) We've seen more often than not, that OCs/DCs don't auto-translate to good HCs - in fact, more often than not, they don't succeed. 

2) Good HCs in the NFL aren't looking for work... ergo, we're looking at DCs and OCs -- and not exactly a good crop either.

3) Rhule is a successful HC, and will never be easier to lure away than he is now. Once he finds his long term home in the NFL - good luck. 

4) Everybody in football is throwing themselves behind this guy

Its not perfect, but i think that ^^ trumps everything else we're looking at. 

If he is our guy, I hope you are right. 

Like I said, I don't know much about the guy; haven't watched much Baylor or Temple football, so I really have little idea what to expect.  All I have to judge is a resume. and his is not the resume I would have targeted.   That does not mean he will not be a good coach.  

26 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

He has made a couple TFL, but I am finding Quinnen Williams to be sort of meh, not really impressed at all. Pass. Jonah seems to be a little weak against pure power. Quinnen is the next Leo.

I like Jonah, hes tough and has good technique, but I just dont think hes big enough to play NFL OT. He might make a hell of a pulling OG though.

Just now, JetPotato said:

You thought the drummer was good? My last thought as I reached for the mute button was how terrible the drummer was. I saw not a band, but a group of guys with not a single talent among them. I cant even wrap my head around how they are even remotely successful.

He hit that pocket when Lil Wayne rapped his second verse. The audio mix wasn’t great so I was following his framing with my eyes and it seemed like there was some groove. 

15 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

I like that he has experience coaching so many position groups; and on both sides of the ball.

I like that he has actual head coaching experience. 

But for me it’s going to come down to the OC/DC he can bring in, and his sideline demeanor. 

The more I've been thinking about it, the more I'd be happy with a Rhule HC/Kliffsbury OC combo. Throw in a Gregg Williams/Jim Schwartz DC, and that's a coaching staff I can get behind. Keep Boyer at ST.

If not Kliff, see if Monken will be our OC.

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

If he is our guy, I hope you are right. 

Like I said, I don't know much about the guy; haven't watched much Baylor or Temple football, so I really have little idea what to expect.  All I have to judge is a resume. and his is not the resume I would have targeted.   That does not mean he will not be a good coach.  

I hope I am too (right about his worth).... Just gotta have faith that it's our turn to catch lightning in a bottle in the coaching department. 

Outside of the institutions of Belichik/Payton/Reid and few others -- if you think about it, the successful new bloods often come out of nowhere. 

Archived