CFB Championship Game Thread

New York Mick

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Bama #92 cant rush the QB for ish. pass.

He has made a couple TFL, but I am finding Quinnen Williams to be sort of meh, not really impressed at all. Pass. Jonah seems to be a little weak against pure power. Quinnen is the next Leo.

18 minutes ago, Paradis said:

So during the break... how do you guys feel about Rhule? I made some calls, he's gonna be in. The question is - what do you think he ought to do about assembling a staff? 

Also, if you think about Darnold's temperament, i think the marriage with Rhule is perfect -- beyond the obvious reasons. Rhule + Darnold = SB

So, ^^

thoughts?

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So why was I not called?   ?

My biggest concern about all of rhule, kingsbury and monken  is their ability to get good assistants.  That worries me.

No other candidate is receiving the kind of industry support Rhule is.... they love him. Staff will flock to work with him & Darnold.

Just now, kdels62 said:

None of the first rounders in this game have impressed. J Williams, Q Williams, Ferrell and Watkins have all looked average and non impactful. This is bad for our draft position.

It's a bit depressing to be honest. We have the number 3 pick in a draft that has no high end talent. Q Williams is being talked up like he is the second coming of Donald. 

1 minute ago, GreenFish said:

It's a bit depressing to be honest. We have the number 3 pick in a draft that has no high end talent. Q Williams is being talked up like he is the second coming of Donald. 

And Jonah looks like a 12-15ish pick.

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

So, ^^

thoughts?

I don't know a whole lot about Rhule, but for a college coach, with almost no NFL experience, this hire would scare me.  It has been so long since a college coach with no NFL background has made the jump successfully.  I like the fact that he has coached both sides of the ball.  But it seems like a bit of a leap of faith for us.  

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

So, ^^

thoughts?

I like that he has experience coaching so many position groups; and on both sides of the ball.

I like that he has actual head coaching experience. 

But for me it’s going to come down to the OC/DC he can bring in, and his sideline demeanor. 

Archived