Mississippi WR DK Metcalf vs UK Edge Josh Allen?

Sarge4Tide

Metcalf vs Allen?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. if it came down to Ole Miss WR DK Metcalf or UK Edge Josh Allen, my preference would be.....

• DK Metcalf by a WIDE Margin
    • Metcalf
    • Slightly Prefer Metcalf
    • Slightly Prefer Allen
    • Allen
    • Josh Allen by a WIDE Margin

Josh Allen, and it's not even close. Seven wide receivers were taken in the first three picks over the last 35 years.  Three are Hall of Famers.  Megatron, Larry Fitzgerald, and Andre Johnson.  Not very good odds.  Remember Meshawn Johnson??  Oh, by the way, at #3 I'll take Bosa or Q Williams if either one were there.  Josh Allen would be my third choice.

Let me tell you something Metcalf would be great. Imagine we move back so we can draft an extra lineman and then have this stud too. We got to spend draft capital on offense sometime.  This cat looks like he a beast. I like Allen bosa whatever but I like moving back and getting more player cause we need help. Get lineman get bell get this WR and now all of a sudden we have a good off and I'm pretty sure we will be alright on d. Remember the super bowl, offense won not defense. 

I will take the top OT. We can’t get a good one in free agency most likely. We can get a pass rusher in free agency. We can draft a decent receiver in round 3. Metcalf looks like a beast but he’s not a sure thing. At pick 3 u better get a sure thing. 

Metcalf broke down crying on the combine floor after his performance. Guy has a ton of heart. Him and Darnold can be a special connection for years. Get players with hearts of lions. Pick two players out of Benny Snell, D.K Metcalf and Noah Fant and I’ll be excited but man Metcalf is my favorite player in this draft. We’ll solidify edge rusher in FA.

go offense all 2019 draft.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Metcalf Brown doen cryjng oh the combine floor after his performance. Guy has a ton of heart. Him and Darnold can be a special connection for years. Get players with hearts of a lion. Pick two out of Benny Snell, D.K Metcalf and Noah Fant and I’ll be excited but man Metcalf is my favorite player in this draft. We’ll solidify edge rusher in FA.

go offense all 2019 draft.

PK don't other buddy some of these guys here have a different opinion. 

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’m just here to express my take on it.

All of us are. Some fans like a guy that looks like a body builder and runs fast other fans like players that actually did something in college. At this point no one has a ******* clue but everyone is an expert. 

I play the odds like gambling. 

Just now, New York Mick said:

All of us are. Some fans like a guy that looks like a body builder and runs fast other fans like players that actually did something in college. At this point no one has a ******* clue but everyone is an expert. 

I play the odds like gambling. 

Just marvel at the talent and bullsh*t with everyone is my game...especially at the beginning of March.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Just marvel at the talent and bullsh*t with everyone is my game...especially at the beginning of March.

I’m just waiting for the Jet Nation Mock Draft so I can make a ridiculous trade with someone who wants one of these overhyped gym rats. 

Just now, New York Mick said:

I’m just waiting for the Jet Nation Mock Draft so I can make a ridiculous trade with someone who wants one of these overhyped gym rats. 

Lol I take it you aren’t on the Metcalf wagon like I am.

I think there is so much talent in this draft that it’s ridiculous. Everyone is going to have their guy by April. I just hope we all get behind the prospect picked when the time comes.

until then I’m team #Metcalf lol. 

College production does not dictate NFL success. Plain and simple. If you draft based on college production you're going to make a lot of mistakes. Scouts get paid to project NFL success not look at a stat sheet.

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Lol I take it you aren’t on the Metcalf wagon like I am.

I think there is so much talent in this draft that it’s ridiculous. Everyone is going to have their guy by April. I just hope we all get behind the prospect picked when the time comes.

until then I’m team #Metcalf lol. 

Outside of medical the combine doesn’t change my stance on players. I wouldn’t take him as the first WR. 

5 minutes ago, choon328 said:

College production does not dictate NFL success. Plain and simple. If you draft based on college production you're going to make a lot of mistakes. Scouts get paid to project NFL success not look at a stat sheet.

It’s a lot more important then the combine. You actually have to watch them play though not just look at stats like Allen fans or combine like DK fans. 

2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

It’s a lot more important then the combine. You actually have to watch them play though not just look at stats like Allen fans or combine like DK fans. 

Have you seen DK play? He's a monster. He's Robbie Anderson with 50 added lbs of muscle. Go watch the first play against Alabama this past year and tell me he's just a combine warrior. The people who are using his "lack of production" as an excuse haven't watched him play to see that he will be a top 10 WR in the league for a long time. The combine just confirmed what he's shown on the field. His concern is his health. That's the only thing that may scare teams away. If that comes back good I'd have no problem taking him at 3 and never looking back.

20 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Outside of medical the combine doesn’t change my stance on players. I wouldn’t take him as the first WR. 

Who the hell would you take over DK as a receiver?  Lets memorialize it!

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

Have you seen DK play? He's a monster. He's Robbie Anderson with 50 added lbs of muscle. Go watch the first play against Alabama this past year and tell me he's just a combine warrior. The people who are using his "lack of production" as an excuse haven't watched him play to see that he will be a top 10 WR in the league for a long time. The combine just confirmed what he's shown on the field. His concern is his health. That's the only thing that may scare teams away. If that comes back good I'd have no problem taking him at 3 and never looking back.

Yes. I’ve watched a few of his games, he missed a lot this year so it’s limited. IMO Brown was better. Brown catches better, is better after the catch and runs better routes. 

Metcalf. Yolo bitchz. 

I also believe in Darnold way too much so I think basically anyone with a decent amount of talent at WR will succeed, because Darnold will find a way to get them the ball.  So a guy like DK just gets me turned on paired with Sam. 

4 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Metcalf. Yolo bitchz. 

I also believe in Darnold way too much so I think basically anyone with a decent amount of talent at WR will succeed, because Darnold will find a way to get them the ball.  So a guy like DK just gets me turned on paired with Sam. 

Watching how good a scrub like Burnett looked shows you that darnold can make jags look good.  I’m up for taking a wr in the 3rd round but not the first.  

Archived