Paradis signs with Carolina

Team archer

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I totally get balking on Paradis if his old coordinator in Gase didn't want him. But I am baffled why we didnt sign Morse. 

All offseason the conversation from Jets mgmt has been protecting and building around Sam. Not upgrading at Center is a huge fail. 

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

Bell is using us right now as well.

recind the offer asap

build through the draft

we have money next year too. Rome wasnt built in a day

We have money every year mate. We have tons of cap space every year, because we draft terribly and have nobody of our own worth paying. 

Rome wasn't built in a day.....but the Rams, the Bears and the Eagles have all went from rubbish to competitive with a rookie QB in the last couple of years through smart moves. It can be done quick if you're smart. 

Not sure why people seem happy to settle for nothingness. 

Just now, morny said:

We have money every year mate. We have tons of cap space every year, because we draft terribly and have nobody of our own worth paying. 

Rome wasn't built in a day.....but the Rams, the Bears and the Eagles have all went from rubbish to competitive with a rookie QB in the last couple of years through smart moves. It can be done quick if you're smart. 

Not sure why people seem happy to settle for nothingness. 

Because it's a "good game! good game!"

"Lets take a look at the old scoreboard"

"Nice to see you, to see you.....NICE

43 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

I totally get balking on Paradis if his old coordinator in Gase didn't want him. But I am baffled why we didnt sign Morse. 

All offseason the conversation from Jets mgmt has been protecting and building around Sam. Not upgrading at Center is a huge fail. 

Morse lost 5 weeks last season to a concussion.  In 2017 he missed half the season as a result of multiple foot injuries.  Probably would have been worth the risk, but there was risk.  I think the concussion may have been a red flag for some teams since it lasted so long.

As for Paradis, it may just be that he was diddling around too long and Macc pulled the offer (as Schein suggested in a tweet) in which case, kudos to Macc.  There has to be a line in the sand, and you have to stick to your guns.  Same with Bell.  You may lose a guy you wanted, but you were probably never going to get him anyway so better to be the one cutting ties than the one getting left at the altar.  

As for Barr, there are conflicting reports about whether he fully committed last night or if he said he needed to sleep on it.  In any case, it sucked, but again, I see nothing the Jets could have done differently.  A player gave his word and then reneged.  Gotta move on.

3 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuutal hit to take for Maccagnan. What's the deal here? We couldn't beat that?

Mac has never,  and will never appreciate the OLine. Look at his track record of draft/signings. He is also the most stubborn sob so of course he won’t admit his failure

2 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Yeah, because snapping the ball to the QB without fumbling isn't important or anything....

I hate our front office. 

We have a gm who values the OLine least among all gms in nfl. No shock here. He probably won’t draft a OL before the 6 round like always 

2 hours ago, Mike135 said:

He got 11 mil guaranteed.  Aka nothing.

No one wanted him.  We were way off on this one.

Yeah, I'll accept that, but I'll accept it with the thought that "Mac should have signed him anyway we're that desperate at Center."

5 minutes ago, Metze said:

Could the Jets swap picks with the Raiders in the first round (3th and 4th) and get Hudson?

This is actually not a ridiculous idea.   It probably costs us Josh Allen.

Interestingly, if the Jets had a second round pick this problem would likely not exist.  There will likely be at least one good Center available at the top of the second round who could step in and start.  Problem is we don't.  

The Centers have been going higher than projected.  Unlikely there is one available in Round 3 that could start.  

this is not the end of the world. the guy wont be healthy for another 2 months. Maybe longer....Harrison should improve as the talent around him improves we need a tackle and we can draft a center. Makes you curious why denver passed and then the jets and vikings. The vikings did not have the money denver could have made room and the jets could have over paid.

The only thing  dont like from the players is talking to teams then taking the offer else where for leverage, The Jets should start making offers and then as the player walks out tell them it is good for x hours then make the same press release these players do. Announce the offer and how long it is good for.

I just hate to appear to be used by anyone

9 minutes ago, rammagen said:

this is not the end of the world. the guy wont be healthy for another 2 months. Maybe longer....Harrison should improve as the talent around him improves we need a tackle and we can draft a center. Makes you curious why denver passed and then the jets and vikings. The vikings did not have the money denver could have made room and the jets could have over paid.

The only thing  dont like from the players is talking to teams then taking the offer else where for leverage, The Jets should start making offers and then as the player walks out tell them it is good for x hours then make the same press release these players do. Announce the offer and how long it is good for.

I just hate to appear to be used by anyone

The agent gets paid to use people it happens to every team 

23 hours ago, Untouchable said:

More importantly, where’s the goof who was so adamantly defending him yesterday? 

I'm right here. He said he was close to signing and so did plenty of others. He was right. What about the people people who said Barr was signing guess they are all idiots too.

3 minutes ago, Jamax99 said:

I think Jets will jump back into 2nd round and pick up a center,  maybe NO 3rd and 4th  ? Does it? 

No, it would get us to the middle of the 3rd, maybe the top half of the 3rd if we are lucky. 

The best way to make sure we address Center, edge and CB is to trade down in the 1st. 

Archived