I think Nick Bosa and Quinnen Williams are going 1 and 2 before the Jets pick

playtowinthegame

Just now, playtowinthegame said:

In honor of Betty Boop here is a very wild scenario:

1. Arizona Cardinals select Nick Bosa

2. San Franscisco 49ers select Quinnen Williams

3. Seahawks first trade Russell Wilson to the Giants for their 6th and 17th picks, plus future first round pick in 2020. Then the Seahawks turn around and trade the Jets the picks they acquired from the Giants (6, 17) plus their 21st pick in the first round of this draft for the Jets 3rd overall pick and select Kyler Murray hoping he'll be the next Russell Wilson. Mac now has the 6, 17, and 21 pick in the 2019 draft. 

then why would the giants keep eli and his huge salary?

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

2:00 minute mark of the press conference: Number one, we are not done with this process. We have not made a decision on the first overall pick. Alright? Secondly, there are a number of players in my opinion and our scouts opinion and our coaching staffs opinion that warrant being the first overall selection. Have we received calls about trading for the first pick or any of our players? Those are the sort of things I'm going to keep private or in house. 

9:35 minute mark of the press conference: Keim gushes about Josh Rosen saying he's a pro's pro, and what he appreciates the most about Rosen since they drafted him is Rosen's mental toughness. Right after Keim praises Rosen a reporter ask, "a year after drafting Josh, why are you open to the possibility of drafting a quarterback again," and Keim looked the reporter right in the eyes and answered, "I never said I was."

18:32 minute mark of the press conference: Murray's agent, Eric Burkhardt, did not accompany him when he met with the Cardinals last week.

5 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

2:00 minute mark of the press conference: Number one, we are not done with this process. We have not made a decision on the first overall pick. Alright? Secondly, there are a number of players in my opinion and our scouts opinion and our coaching staffs opinion that warrant being the first overall selection. Have we received calls about trading for the first pick or any of our players? Those are the sort of things I'm going to keep private or in house. 

9:35 minute mark of the press conference: Keim gushes about Josh Rosen saying he's a pro's pro, and what he appreciates the most about Rosen since they drafted him is Rosen's mental toughness. Right after Keim praises Rosen a reporter ask, "a year after drafting Josh, why are you open to the possibility of drafting a quarterback again," and Keim looked the reporter right in the eyes and answered, "I never said I was."

18:32 minute mark of the press conference: Murray's agent, Eric Burkhardt, did not accompany him when he met with the Cardinals last week.

Very interesting.  Heard this on local sports radio here in Phoenix yesterday.  Kingsbury has also been highly complementary of Rosen and said they spent a lot of time installing the new offense with him during mini-camp.  I think it's completely up in the air on whether they take Murray at #1, Bosa or trade the pick.  The Cardinals are smoke screening this fairly well.

If Murray is there at #3 I think the Jets get a ton of action for that pick as they sit one spot ahead of the Raiders.  Getting a call from the Raiders would be a dream scenario as the Jets would only have move back one spot and would still get the player they want at #4 assuming the Raiders take Murray.

16 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

If Murray is there at #3 I think the Jets get a ton of action for that pick as they sit one spot ahead of the Raiders.  Getting a call from the Raiders would be a dream scenario as the Jets would only have move back one spot and would still get the player they want at #4 assuming the Raiders take Murray.

Maybe we could then trade down again to a team who wants Haskins (Giants?  Redskins?). Multiple trade-downs with an additional #1 next year from a team who could fall on their face (like the Giants and Skins) would be ideal because we could continue to trade down again next year (ideally while in position to draft Tua).  

19 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Maybe we could then trade down again to a team who wants Haskins (Giants?  Redskins?). Multiple trade-downs with an additional #1 next year from a team who could fall on their face (like the Giants and Skins) would be ideal because we could continue to trade down again next year (ideally while in position to draft Tua).  

Take #3 send it to Oak for #4,27

Take #4 trade it to NYG for 6,17 (If they're willing to come up) 

6-Oliver

17-Bradbury/Jonah

27- any of the following- Metcalf,AJ Brown,Greg little,Greedy Williams,Byron Murphy. 

17 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Damn, fall out of the first round?! I can't see him falling out of the first round....out of the top 10 maybe, but not entirely out of the first round. I wonder how far Murray would have to fall to say F it and go running back to baseball. 

Clickbait!, htey have to manufacture stories.

@playtowinthegame

I'm still rooting for you bro but this article doesnt make it seem like Rosen is very confident he's staying in Arizona. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26554195/qb-rosen-uncertainty-cardinals-annoying

TEMPE, Ariz. -- Arizona Cardinals quarterback Josh Rosen has finally broken his offseason silence on the brewing situation with him, the organization and the likely first overall pick, Kyler Murray.

But as Rosen has done throughout his career, he did it his way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Rosen opened up to SITV in an interview, which was released Thursday, conducted during a trip to the Grand Canyon with some UCLA teammates.

"I think the season probably went as poorly as it could possibly go," Rosen said from an RV. "But within that, I had an unbelievable time. I think when people talk about, like, you can't listen to criticism or you can't read articles, you have to be aware of what's going on to a certain extent. So I definitely understand the situation.

"It's annoying, but it is what it is. Football's a business, and I definitely respect the higher-ups and their decisions. We won three games, and each one of those wins -- to me, it felt like we won the Super Bowl. And that feeling is so intoxicating, and that's why I just want nothing more than to be part of a team next year and have the same opportunities to go out and compete."

Rosen has remained quiet about his future with the team this offseason.

The Cardinals, who finished 3-13 last season, have the No. 1 pick in next week's NFL draft and are widely expected to take Murray, the Heisman Trophy winner, if they don't trade the pick. That would mean Rosen would either be traded or be teammates with Murray while competing for a starting job that was his last season.

On Tuesday, new Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury said Rosen has been "phenomenal" through the offseason and has been the first one to show up to offseason workouts. General manager Steve Keim said he has had "good dialogue" with Rosen and called the quarterback a "pro's pro."

"I think the best advice I've ever gotten in life, from so many different people, is control what you can control," Rosen said. "And whatever decisions are made, it's my duty to prove them right if they keep me and prove them wrong if they ship me off."

43 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm still rooting for you bro but this article doesnt make it seem like Rosen is very confident he's staying in Arizona. 

Rosen said nothing to tip other teams which way the Cardinals are leaning with the No. 1 overall pick. I can't wait till this is over though because it's gotten ridiculous talking about a 5' 10 inch quarterback who's destined to play baseball.

3 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

Rosen wasn't included in the AZ "hype video" for this season....their starting QB wasn't included in a 2 minute promotional video. Rosen is GONE!

Cardinals release new hype video that includes Josh Rosen

Several teams greeted Wednesday night’s schedule release with creative hype videos meant to drum up interest in the 2019 season.

The Cardinals’ video drew attention for what it didn’t include. The video featured shots of several members of the team, including Larry Fitzgerald, Chandler Jonesand Patrick Peterson, but it did not include any shots of quarterback Josh Rosen.

With the whole football world waiting to see if the Cardinals pick Kyler Murray with the first overall pick next week, the absence of Rosen in a video hyping the 2019 season was seen as a sign that Rosen may be on the way out.

Thursday brought a new version of the video. Rosen is now featured at multiple points and is shown throwing a touchdown in one of the clips that Arizona hopes will get blood pumping about the year to come.

The new cut doesn’t feature any confirmation of the team’s plans, which may not be coming until next Thursday night from Nashville under any circumstances. It does confirm that the team is well aware that the eyes of the football world will be locked on them until that pick is made.

On 3/19/2019 at 9:50 AM, BettyBoop said:

That's a very plausible scenario.  If it does happen, which teams do you think will be in play to trade up?  Most feel the Giants but I just don't see Gettleman giving the #6 and #17 to the Jets.  The Broncos may be tempted but I'm not sure they have the assets needed.  I don't see where a #1 in 2020 would interest Mac because he doesn't have the luxury of job security until then.  Who else do you think may be in the mix?  I'm struggling to find a team that has the need and assets to pull it off.

If I'm trading with the Giants, of course I'd want #6...but after that, it's negotiable to me.  Don't want to give me #17 too?  Then how about instead of # 17 give me #'s 37, 95 and next years 1st?

Now, I don't think the NYG would do that, because like us they have many holes to fill...

11 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

The Giants and the Jets are not trading.  

I think they might.  Based on the private visits the jets have had with players, they really haven’t had them with players projected to go past 10 or so.  And i think the giants are taking a qb and gettleman can’t afford to miss on one again.

49 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I think they might.  Based on the private visits the jets have had with players, they really haven’t had them with players projected to go past 10 or so.  And i think the giants are taking a qb and gettleman can’t afford to miss on one again.

Gettleman will either sit on 6 for Haskins or take Jones at 17. 

And he’ll say both/either was his master plan. 

The Jets and Giants will not trade. 

Report: Cards backing off Murray as No. 1 pick; sticking with Rosen?

The Arizona Cardinals are backing off their plan to select Oklahoma quarterback Kyler Murray with the No. 1 pick in the NFL draft this Thursday, according to Pete Prisco of CBS Sports.

That could mean the Cards are sticking with Josh Rosen as their QB. The Patriots had been rumored this offseason to be interested in acquiring Rosen, a first-round pick in 2018 out of UCLA, as a backup to Tom Brady.

Here's Prisco's assessment, via CBS Sports HQ: 

Initially, the ownership pushed for Kyler Murray. That much I know, I was told that. The reason they did is they are having a hard time selling tickets. Well, they put it out there. Arizona was lukewarm to it. All of a sudden, they are pulling back and from what I've been told, they are going to go in a different direction. They are not going to draft Kyler Murray.

Prisco now has Alabama defensive tackle Quinnen Williams going No. 1 to Arizona in his mock draft and Murray going No. 4 to the Oakland Raiders.

Bob McManaman, Arizona Republic     Published 7:00 am  MT    April 22, 2019

1. Arizona Cardinals (3-13): DL Quinnen Williams, 6-4, 289, Alabama

Three Mocks, three different picks. I’ve gone from Nick Bosa to Kyler Murray and now to Williams, although the Cardinals could very well trade out of the No. 1 spot entirely or end up picking any one of the three aforementioned prospects. Murray might remain the front runner, which would be fine, but all of my "spidey senses" (and gathered intelligence) tells me it just might be Williams, who can be Arizona’s version of the Rams’ Aaron Donald, the NFL’s reigning two-time Defensive Player of the Year.

Peter King's Football Morning in America

April 22, 2019

Interesting mock draft dropped Sunday morning in the Los Angeles Times. The paper’s redoubtable NFL beat man, Sam Farmer, had his annual sportswriter mock draft—he’s done it for 10 years—in which he asks longtime NFL writers he trusts in the franchise cities to make the pick of the team they cover. Kent Somers, now a sports columnist for the Arizona Republic, but a long-time Cards beat guy before that, knows the franchise very well.

This was Somers’ pick, and his explanation to Farmer:

Arizona: DT Quinnen Williams, Alabama. The Cardinals like Josh Rosen, and I don’t see them taking a quarterback in the first round two years in a row. They need help on the defensive line and Williams would immediately provide that. GM Steve Keim has made some mistakes in the first round by taking guys who weren’t that passionate about football (Jonathan Cooper, Robert Nkemdiche). So I can see them taking Williams.”

It's looking more and more like Quinnen Williams is going to be the top overall pick. 

I've been floating his idea for a while that this was a ploy by the Cardinals to get someone to trade up to #1. Now with the report out that the Cardinals have gotten feelers for the #1 pick I think it's all but certain they are trying to trade out of the pick. I'm not sure anybody will bite.

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

the jets would trade back in this scenario.

If the Jets do trade down, it's going to be one of these five teams that call to move up and grab a quarterback: Giants, Raiders, Redskins, Broncos, and Bengals. I'll be crossing my fingers someone really likes Murray or Haskins enough to trade up to the 3rd overall pick.

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

the jets would trade back in this scenario.

if Murray wasn't worth 1.1 what makes anyone think he's worth 1.3?

this forum has spent about ten thousand man hours disecting all the defenders meanwhile no one noticed that a 5-10 dude who can also up and leave and play baseball if he feels like it isn't actually a blue chip prospect or maybe not even a top 10 pick at all 

going on record this QB class sucks and no one is trading up for any of these bums

The giants probably have a higher grade on the guy from Duke than on Kyler Murray or Haskins 

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I've been floating his idea for a while that this was a ploy by the Cardinals to get someone to trade up to #1. Now with the report out that the Cardinals have gotten feelers for the #1 pick I think it's all but certain they are trying to trade out of the pick. I'm not sure anybody will bite.

Do you think it's the Raiders? 

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

this forum has spent about ten thousand man hours disecting all the defenders meanwhile no one noticed that a 5-10 dude who can also up and leave and play baseball if he feels like it isn't actually a blue chip prospect or maybe not even a top 10 pick at all 

going on record this QB class sucks and no one is trading up for any of these bums

The giants probably have a higher grade on the guy from Duke than on Kyler Murray or Haskins 

my prediction is that someone will trade up for someone.  

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

my prediction is that someone will trade up for someone.  

probably but it won't happen in the top 5 

and side note if the Jets take less than what they paid for Darnold there will be pitchforks outside Mac's office in florham park 

if they do trade down it has to be for a bounty 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

and side note if the Jets take less than what they paid for Darnold there will be pitchforks outside Mac's office in florham park 

if the jets trade back they will get considerably less than they gave up last year.  supply/demand.   but i think as long as mccagnan gets 'enough' back he will trade.  and yes, many will claim he got ripped off.  i am preparing for this reality.

19 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Do you think it's the Raiders? 

I guess it depends on if the Raiders want a QB with that first pick. If they don't then it makes no sense for them to trade up. They could stay at 4 and take whoever falls to them.

I think the Jets are trying to attract a team outside of the top 10 to move up for one of the top 3 defensive guys bc that's how they'll acquire the most picks. A team that may feel they are missing that one piece to take them over the hump.Teams like GB and Atlanta make a ton of sense bc they both need help on their defensive lines and aren't that far off. GB has 2 first round picks (12 & 30) so they have the necessary picks to make that kind of move. Obviously it'll take more than that but it's a good start and would be great for the Jets.

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

This is not accurate. The majority of people understand that it costs more to go get a QB. It's always been that way. I'm not a Macc fan but people should be blowing him for not having to give up this years 1st round pick in that trade. When's the last time a team traded up into the Top 3 to draft a QB and didn't give up multiple #1 picks? Never. The Redskins went from 6 to 2 and gave up 3 first round picks and a 2nd. This idea that Macc overpaid is idiotic. The only people who think like you are people who want to stay and take another defensive player at #3 while ignoring offense, once again, in the 1st round.

48 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It only takes one team to actually fall for the hype and we have seen it for decades Bit.  Gabbert, Bortles, Locker, Ponder.  Guys that are not great often get over drafted.

If no Qb gets picked with the 1st two choices of the draft our trade down possibilities sky rocket.

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

If I was Arizona I would actually take Haskins over Murray that said there is no way Rosen fits Kingsbury’s offense but Haskins pretty much does and Murray absolutely does

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

This

Just a year ago, Macc had to give up three 2nd rounders to move up from #6 to #3.

If a team like the Giants wants to move up, then make them give up #6 and #17 or tell them to eat a bag of dicks. And if we’re dropping back to #10 or further, then someone like Denver or Washington better be willing to part with every pick they have within the first 3 rounds over the next 2 years.

You don’t trade back just for the sake of trading back. This whole center situation is driving people off the rails. And even if the Jets dropped back and picked up essentially nothing but a 2nd round pick...where the hell is it guaranteed that they would even take a center with that selection?

I’d say there’s at least a 90% chance that the Jets stay put and take either Bosa/Allen to stick on the edge or Williams/Oliver to stick on the interior.

5 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

This

Just a year ago, Macc had to give up three 2nd rounders to move up from #6 to #3.

If a team like the Giants wants to move up, then make them give up #6 and #17 or tell them to eat a bag of dicks. And if we’re dropping back to #10 or further, then someone like Denver or Washington better be willing to part with every pick they have within the first 3 rounds over the next 2 years.

You don’t trade back just for the sake of trading back. This whole center situation is driving people off the rails. And even if the Jets dropped back and picked up essentially nothing but a 2nd round pick...where the hell is it guaranteed that they would even take a center with that selection?

I’d say there’s at least a 90% chance that the Jets stay put and take either Bosa/Allen to stick on the edge or Williams/Oliver to stick on the interior.

The Giants hate us you think they are giving us two first round picks for a qb that probably falls to 6?

Archived