Really starting to smell like Murray to Arizona at #1

jetstream23

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Gase is here to make sure Darnold doesn't crack. That's it. If he's here for three years and gets Darnold to the next coach without him being an irreparable washout at Age 24, Gase will have exceeded expectations.

I thought gase was here to win? I see your point but if you go through a coach change for the benifit of the QB and the fans (face it bowles safety could have been endangered with another post game conference).

This staff, gm and owner are on the clock to put a winner on the field I think the fans turn early f they come out and lose badly and often in the first yr. Esp with the other coaches they might have hired 

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

He won with Peyton Manning.  He lost with Ryan Tannehill.

The scenario that plays out where I believe Gase was a good hire is that he wins football games with the Jets.

he wasn't the head coach and you basically said he won with a hall of fame qb and lost with an average to below average qb. most coaches in the nfl will win with a HOFer. Sorry I would want a coach that won with a n average to below average qb if that is your point, that would prove he could coach and not ride a hall of famer

5 minutes ago, rammagen said:

he wasn't the head coach and you basically said he won with a hall of fame qb and lost with an average to below average qb. most coaches in the nfl will win with a HOFer. Sorry I would want a coach that won with a n average to below average qb if that is your point, that would prove he could coach and not ride a hall of famer

Gase rode said JAG Qb to the playoffs 

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Young whiz kid offensive coaches are such a 2018 trend.  The Cardinals are a year late.

I think KK wasn’t a bad hire if he drafts Murray and he clicks in this offense with David Johnson there who fits this offense perfectly they could have something 

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

how about the fact no one else wanted Adam Gase? 

btw @HelenOfTroy that story is about how good a loser Josh Rosen is. He couldn't win in college either. The dude just loses with the class and style of a born loser  

Gase’s own team the dolphins wanted to keep him he didn’t like the direction the front office was going as far as personnel and forced them to can him

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

let's be real Shane the Jets wish they won the Kliff Kingsbury sweepstakes 

no one in America would rather Adam Gase be their team's HC than KK 

KK over a coach who had proven, in the NFL that he's a top offensive coach.  Over a young guy with no NFL experience and little college success.  Who was as never interviewed to be our HC. 

OK.

5 hours ago, bitonti said:

let's be real Shane the Jets wish they won the Kliff Kingsbury sweepstakes 

no one in America would rather Adam Gase be their team's HC than KK 

I'll have to respectfully disagree with you.

KK has done/proved/won nothing as a player or coach. Not that Gase has done much either but he does have a ring and NFL experience. Neither was my first choice, but of the 2, I'm taking Gase.

16 hours ago, rammagen said:

Rex Ryan?

On 3/26/2019 at 5:40 AM, TokyoJetsFan said:

Rex Ryan?

no just making a point if you have  hofer at qb it is easy to win a majority of the time. it when you dont have a hofer at qb when coaching and game planning come into play to turn the jAG into a game manager so he doesn't loose the game. with a great qb that can cover and make plays for the coach his job becomes easier.

All this Gase talk about how good he was with Manning I take with a grain of salt because he had Jay cutler and did meh same with tannehill. win consistantly with one of those guys and then I would start to listen to about how great he is.

Look hopefully we found our Qb and this is a mute point but they have to com out and start winning and shortly because most of the fans have had enough bs and when you have a chance to get a superbowl winning coach and pass him for a coach that is below 500 there is very little room for error

On 3/25/2019 at 3:46 PM, CTJetsFan said:

I'll have to respectfully disagree with you.

KK has done/proved/won nothing as a player or coach. Not that Gase has done much either but he does have a ring and NFL experience. Neither was my first choice, but of the 2, I'm taking Gase.

KK had buzz. Adam Gase had no other offers. We don't know who got paid more, but we can guess.

i'm not sure either are that good but one had more demand than the other 

Jets fans have done a good job talking ourselves into Crazy eyes but the Gregg Williams hire gives the team a instant option if they choose to bail out 

things better go well for Gase, and quick. He has like zero job security. 

KK will be in AZ longer than Gase will be in NY and i'm willing to charity bet on it 

On 3/25/2019 at 1:00 PM, Philc1 said:

Gase rode said JAG Qb to the playoffs 

as ahead coach when?  it was with the fins and they won ten games with a weaker schedule then the Jets and then what happened? tannehill gets injuried and we know tannehill is jag why couldn't he step up the game to follow up that feat. That yr we all felt good about bowles too winning 10 games and what happened?

36 minutes ago, bitonti said:

KK had buzz. Adam Gase had no other offers. We don't know who got paid more, but we can guess.

Jets fans have done a good job talking ourselves into Crazy eyes but the Gregg Williams hire gives the team a instant option if they choose to bail out 

KK will be in AZ longer than Gase will be in NY and i'm willing to charity bet on it 

He has had 6 years of coaching a small time program with losing seasons in 4 of those 6.

Gase has the same job security and first year HC has with a team.  The same job security that KK would have.  Actually more.  If KK looked like he was in over his head he would have been one and done.  No chance with Gase.  None.  The only thing that is in KKs favor is no matter how bad hes doing in AZ after a 1 and done regime change he'll survive a couple of miserable seasons

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He has had 6 years of coaching a small time program with losing seasons in 4 of those 6.

Gase has the same job security and first year HC has with a team.  The same job security that KK would have.  Actually more.  If KK looked like he was in over his head he would have been one and done.  No chance with Gase.  None.  The only thing that is in KKs favor is no matter how bad hes doing in AZ after a 1 and done regime change he'll survive a couple of miserable seasons

two words I don't see in that post "Gregg" and "Williams" 

he's the Ryan Fitzpatrick of Coordinators 

Williams could easily push Gase out

meanwhile KK drafts Murray and gets another 5 years of grace 

On 3/25/2019 at 1:03 PM, Philc1 said:

Gase’s own team the dolphins wanted to keep him he didn’t like the direction the front office was going as far as personnel and forced them to can him

Ross loved Gase. Said he was the “next Belichick.” Not sayingn I agree with that, but it notes his admiration for him. As you said, Ross wanted a complete tank/rebuild. Gase didn’t, and forced his way out. Simple.

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

Ross loved Gase. Said he was the “next Belichick.” Not sayingn I agree with that, but it notes his admiration for him. As you said, Ross wanted a complete tank/rebuild. Gase didn’t, and forced his way out. Simple.

I am not sure that is entirely true, their relationship soured because Gase was screaming at the owner. It might have started off as a love afair but went south

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article223850050.html

4 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Yeah thats the start of Gase getting himself out.

The owner wanted to rebuild and tank.  Gase wanted to spend and get some veteran leadership.  That was the difference and it's the reason why Gase was the very last HC terminated.  There are some teams that anxiously await the end of the season and Black Monday (like the Jets knowing in November that Bowles was done)....and there are other teams where "creative differences" and divergent approaches to team-building force a breakup.  The latter is the situation with Gase.

Let's also remember that the Jets apparently did not offer a job to Kingsbury....or McCarthy or Rhule.  They made a conscious decision to hire Gase by all accounts.  Let's hope that Gase getting out of Miami turns into the equivalent of Belichick getting out of Cleveland.

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

two words I don't see in that post "Gregg" and "Williams" 

he's the Ryan Fitzpatrick of Coordinators 

Williams could easily push Gase out

meanwhile KK drafts Murray and gets another 5 years of grace 

No way, Gregg Williams will never be a HC, unless there is a complete and utter disaster of epic proportions and hes and is called on to finish out a season.  No one is making him a full time, permanent HC.  Whats the Fitz od Coordinators even mean, what does a coordinator have to do with Fitz?  Gase isnt going anywhere for awhile.  Never going to bomb out enough with the offense and Darnold, with Williams and this defense.  

Meanwhile KK had 4 of 6 losing seasons at a minor college program.  Yeah, a start who the Jets and others never wanted to be their HC.  ANd lets not forget how patient AZ was last year with their first time HC.  

4 hours ago, Apache 51 said:

You must be a Giant, Eagles, Steeler, Patriot fan, no?

No.  But I do care about our soft “Cali” boys.   

I don’t care about opposing teams picking up star players, it’s up to my team to beat them, and coaching to put them in position to win.  I don’t have time or energy to care what anyone else does.

6 hours ago, rammagen said:

as ahead coach when?  it was with the fins and they won ten games with a weaker schedule then the Jets and then what happened? tannehill gets injuried and we know tannehill is jag why couldn't he step up the game to follow up that feat. That yr we all felt good about bowles too winning 10 games and what happened?

Is this English? 

3 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Yeah thats the start of Gase getting himself out.

or the guy just screamed at his boss and was fired. If you want out you dont do it that way. There is no defending that. What happens here when something goes south. If this is about Sam as it should be why the f would you want someone like that around him? There is no defense for that in any professional enviromnet

7 hours ago, bitonti said:

Kliff Kingsbury was taking a job as the USC offensive coordinator before Arizona bailed him out. Where was this "buzz" from, other than from our mentally impaired strong safety?

Yes if there is one thing thing can balance out the lunacy of Adam Gase it's the sanity of Gregg Williams.

On 3/25/2019 at 12:54 PM, rammagen said:

I thought gase was here to win? I see your point but if you go through a coach change for the benifit of the QB and the fans (face it bowles safety could have been endangered with another post game conference).

This staff, gm and owner are on the clock to put a winner on the field I think the fans turn early f they come out and lose badly and often in the first yr. Esp with the other coaches they might have hired 

Instant gratification the modern idiotic fan way.

Thats not saying much the Bidwells don't care and have the only game in town out in the desert.

18 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Instant gratification the modern idiotic fan way.

no it is not, if this coach flames out a coach with a loosing record there is no defense for this hire. If they come out and loose 10 straight are the fans going to stand for it? They had a chance to get a superbowl winning coach and went with another coach with a loosing record. Any good will for all the loosing  has been used up. McCarthy's record is 125-77-2  and yu can say he also had great qbs but he has proven he has worked with great qbs over a period of time versus 3 yrs as a head coach.

I think it is moronic to defend the coach as some type of offensive genius head coach when his resume is one of loses.  Look what gase did when he had Manning as a coordinator and then look at what he did  as a head coach with a weaker schedule then ours he went to the playoffs once and then posted a total record of what 23 and 26. Better then Bowles but anyone with a pulse was better the Bowles.

This is not about instant gratification this about not tolerating more crap from a team that has delivered a crappy product  for 6 straight yrs now. They got Sam which is a building block and this should be about him.

What kills me about this board and other is not the disagreements is is the comments like yours and other if anyone has a different thought or dares to express you see crap like the above without and consideration for the person posting it.

You actually added nothing to this conversation you did not progress on bit. I have been a fans sine 72 so IDK about the modern way for instant gratification, maybe if people here stopped with vague insults and respected another persons opinion just maybe people could understand and respect someone else's opinion

20 minutes ago, rammagen said:

no it is not, if this coach flames out a coach with a loosing record there is no defense for this hire. If they come out and loose 10 straight are the fans going to stand for it? They had a chance to get a superbowl winning coach and went with another coach with a loosing record. Any good will for all the loosing  has been used up. McCarthy's record is 125-77-2  and yu can say he also had great qbs but he has proven he has worked with great qbs over a period of time versus 3 yrs as a head coach.

I think it is moronic to defend the coach as some type of offensive genius head coach when his resume is one of loses.  Look what gase did when he had Manning as a coordinator and then look at what he did  as a head coach with a weaker schedule then ours he went to the playoffs once and then posted a total record of what 23 and 26. Better then Bowles but anyone with a pulse was better the Bowles.

This is not about instant gratification this about not tolerating more crap from a team that has delivered a crappy product  for 6 straight yrs now. They got Sam which is a building block and this should be about him.

What kills me about this board and other is not the disagreements is is the comments like yours and other if anyone has a different thought or dares to express you see crap like the above without and consideration for the person posting it.

You actually added nothing to this conversation you did not progress on bit. I have been a fans sine 72 so IDK about the modern way for instant gratification, maybe if people here stopped with vague insults and respected another persons opinion just maybe people could understand and respect someone else's opinion

It takes time for an OL to gel, a team to build chemistry. The O, and a D, to learn the new program etc. etc. etc. Some guys are in it to win, some guys are in it for the money it's just a job to some. You need lil luck and good health and other teams to be on the downtick. IMG_0471.thumb.JPG.215307cf6e71f5ea05f65a5948752088.JPG

Good Luck to you sir.

20 hours ago, Apache 51 said:

It takes time for an OL to gel, a team to build chemistry. The O, and a D, to learn the new program etc. etc. etc. Some guys are in it to win, some guys are in it for the money it's just a job to some. You need lil luck and good health and other teams to be on the downtick. IMG_0471.thumb.JPG.215307cf6e71f5ea05f65a5948752088.JPG

Good Luck to you sir.

good luck to you but the issue with points are still valid, any time they could have had to build has been used by hiring a coach with a loosing record, how long are you going to give them? it is a 16 game season you can not afford to go 06 and expect to do anything, how much of a grace period do you give this team. Most fans are fed up with the hire and the loosing combine those two and it will be ugly quickly

1 hour ago, rammagen said:

good luck to you but the issue with points are still valid, any time they could have had to build has been used by hiring a coach with a loosing record, how long are you going to give them? it is a 16 game season you can not afford to go 06 and expect to do anything, how much of a grace period do you give this team. Most fans are fed up with the hire and the loosing combine those two and it will be ugly quickly

It starts at the top, so the Jets have always been up against it but even with a new owner it still takes time except for the occasional one hit wonder ie. Bucs, St. Louis, Saints, Indy Colts.

Archived