Frank Clark

choon328

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How does Clark fit in a 3-4 defense?  

Isn’t there a scenario where the Jets are better off saying screw it, we will run a 4-3 going forward?  It really seems like that is the way the draft and FA lays out.  

Could Mosley play MLB or SLB in a 4-3?

1 minute ago, varjet said:

How does Clark fit in a 3-4 defense?  

Isn’t there a scenario where the Jets are better off saying screw it, we will run a 4-3 going forward?  It really seems like that is the way the draft and FA lays out.  

Could Mosley play MLB or SLB in a 4-3?

Mosely would be SLB and Lee MLB

Jordan Jenkins I think his best fit is as OLB in a 4-3

20 hours ago, MindOverMatter said:

There are so many moving pieces leading up to draft night. Seahawks with Wilson and Clark, Cardinals with Rosen and Murray, and i feel like the Giants and Redskins are scheming up a trade for a player or draft position.

Jets need to capitalize on Seattle most likely signing Wilson by trading for Clark. Best case if Mac can land Clark and trade back. I don't trust Bosa or Allen to be that much better than Sweat, Burns, or Oliver.

Agree 100% but I don’t know how we get that deal done because Seahawks will want the 3 pick

If Macc can somehow keep the 3 pick AND trade for Clark that would be phenomenal.  

52 minutes ago, jack48 said:

Clark is nowhere near Abe as a PR.  Abe was elite in that category

He's not on Abe's level but idk about no where near. Clark has similar stats to start off his career, either way i'd be ecstatic to have him on the Jets. Would be the closing thing to Abe since he played for us.

Rich Cimini   ESPN Staff Writer 

Could the Jets make a blockbuster trade for Seattle DE Frank Clark? Rumors are swirling that Clark, who has the franchise tag, could be traded somewhere, Pro Football Talk said Sunday night. I do believe the Jets had some interest weeks ago, but that interest has cooled. They need an edge rusher and they have enough cap room for a $20M/year contract. Problem is, both the Jets (six picks) and Seahawks (four) have limited draft capital, making them less-than-ideal trading partners. Plus, the Jets can draft an edge rusher with the third pick, and he'd cost less than half the price of Clark.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets

After failing to fill a need at edge rusher in free agency, the Jets are still in search of someone to rush the passer off the edge. The Jets reportedly had interest in trading for Seahawks defensive end Frank Clark after he signed his franchise tag, but ESPN’s Rich Cimini said that cooled in recent weeks.

A trade for Clark won’t happen – and it shouldn’t.

Clark is an incredible talent, racking up 32 sacks the past two seasons for the Seahawks, but acquiring him could cripple the Jets as they begin their rebuild under Adam Gase and Gregg Williams. The Jets do need a player of Clark’s caliber to bolster their defense, but they don’t have the money or the draft capital to pull off a trade that won’t hurt the team in the long run.Clark currently makes $17,128,000 after the Seahawks placed the franchise tag on him, and that would account for more than half of the Jets’ $30.6 million in cap space. The Jets surely want to sign Clark to a long-term contract should a trade go down, which would further eat into the Jets cap space in 2019 and in subsequent seasons.

Edge rusher is an expensive position in the NFL nowadays, and Clark will command close to  $20 million per year. Trey Flowers just signed a five-year, $90 million contract with the Lions, including a $28 million signing bonus with $56 million guaranteed, while the 49ers traded a 2020 second-round pick for edge rusher Dee Ford before signing him to a five-year, $87.5 million deal.

That’s money that could be better spent elsewhere, especially since the Jets still have a draft to go through. The Jets own the No. 3 overall pick, and unless they trade it to someone else, they’re expected to draft a pass rusher. Many think it will be Kentucky’s Josh Allen. So, the Jets will most likely solve their pass rushing problem early in the draft.But if they don’t draft someone like Clark, a trade would be hard to pull off anyway given the team is lacking in early-round picks after trading three second-rounders to move up and draft Sam Darnold in 2018. If it took a second-rounder to acquire Dee Ford, it would take even more to get a player like Clark who is younger and has been more productive than Ford.

Pass rusher continues to be an issue for the Jets, but mortgaging their future for someone like Clark would be a bad move for a team looking to build a contender.

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/16/jets-trade-seahawks-frank-clark-unlikely/

3 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Hmmmmmmmmmm find myself wondering who I would prefer on the NYJ, 

Bosa at 3 or Clark for the 3.  The rookie contract makes Bosa more attractive but damn Clark is proven.

Clark wouldn’t cost you the 3.  But it doesn’t matter dude has a Dv situation in his background he is pretty much dead to Macc .. 

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Mosely would be SLB and Lee MLB

Jordan Jenkins I think his best fit is as OLB in a 4-3

Mosely would be MLB , D Lee would be Wlb , and J Jenkins would be the SLb. What would do with Avery Williamson .   The Jets aren't moving to a 4-3 defense. They are staying a 3-4 defense.

39 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Clark wouldn’t cost you the 3.  But it doesn’t matter dude has a Dv situation in his background he is pretty much dead to Macc .. 

Seattle set the bidding at a second round pick for Clark.    They will take the best offer for him.   Someone gives up a first for him obviously they will get him.   The Raiders have the 35 pick in the draft, so someone would have to give Seattle something better than that.

46 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

I guess Macc would be smart to avoid him. (Macc and smart in the same sentence lol) Lets hope he never does but if Clark is ever a repeat offender it would be horrendous.

9 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

I guess Macc would be smart to avoid him. (Macc and smart in the same sentence lol) Lets hope he never does but if Clark is ever a repeat offender it would be horrendous.

I hear he has been a Role model citizen in Seattle .. 

2 hours ago, MindOverMatter said:

He's not on Abe's level but idk about no where near. Clark has similar stats to start off his career, either way i'd be ecstatic to have him on the Jets. Would be the closing thing to Abe since he played for us.

He has 13, 9 and 10 sacks last 3 years he’s a pretty friggin good pass rusher

2 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Bosa at 3 or Clark for the 3.  The rookie contract makes Bosa more attractive but damn Clark is proven.

Jets could use both

Offer Seattle next years first plus Leo

2 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

So you would you be willing to give up the 3rd overall pick for Frank Clark who was just franchised and we would have to pay market value for? That's nuts. Clark isn't worth anything near that. Yeah, he can get sacks, but he isn't an elite player and has a domestic violence incident in his past. 

Aside from piling up some sacks, has he been an All-pro? Has even made a pro bowl? Yet you want to give up the 3rd overall for him and them pay him a fortune? Hard pass. 

I'd take Clark, but not for anything close to the 3rd overall pick. 

3 hours ago, MindOverMatter said:

I want him too.  He is just not Abe.  Abe was a phenomenal pass rusher.  Stunk at everything else, but so did Charles Haley.

On 4/14/2019 at 8:59 PM, choon328 said:

I hope it's the Jets

I wouldn't mind if the Jets scooped him, he is nasty. 

We have like 30 million left though in cap? and that's before the draft. I would also wouldn't mind taking the Colts approach and rolling some money over to next year instead of all or nothing. 

Strictly football related on the domestic violence concern and Mac, I remember him over looking B.Marshall's dv history and he earned a pro bowl appearance with us and almost got us to the playoffs.

The dream scenario would be trading this years highest 3rd and our 2nd next year for Clark, getting #6 and #17 from the Giants in a trade down from #3, and then walking away from the 1st round with a combo of Jonah Williams/Andre Dillard at 6 and Garrett Bradbury at 17.

The team would basically be set with the exception of maybe the #2 corner spot. And I didn’t think that Roberts did a bad job at all when filling in for Claiborne.

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

The Maccagnans had a friend who was murdered by an abusive husband. Maccagnan's wife is active in a nonprofit that prevents relationship violence. Maccagnan has said that he won't draft guys who have issues with domestic violence, and has openly refused to pursue pro personnel acquisitions who have domestic violence issues. Clark is a nonstarter.

Well they did give Enunwa an extension. Didn't he have a dv suspension?

On edit: Not saying trade for him just pointing it out.

17 hours ago, Jetster said:

Ray Lewis freaking killed somebody & here we are contemplating a dude who got into with his girlfriend after she threw a remote & a lamp at him. 

Ive seen chicks lose their freaking minds & go full crazy on dudes. Yes, you can't hit a chick, but your talking about YOUNG testosterone confused pampered athletes, who have never been in these positions before...ever. 

Even Jesus forgives people. I read these threads & I imagine how many of you judges have driven while drunk. You all know who you are & personally, I believe you should all be hung by your balls & not be able to have a career again...ever.

So because you believe Lewis killed someone then any player who commits and crime or beats a woman etc gets off free?  Its like the "well its not as bad as Ray" defense? 

Cant spend years bitching about Lewis getting away with murder and then condone beating women because Lewis got away with it. 

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

So you would you be willing to give up the 3rd overall pick for Frank Clark who was just franchised and we would have to pay market value for? That's nuts. Clark isn't worth anything near that. Yeah, he can get sacks, but he isn't an elite player and has a domestic violence incident in his past. 

Aside from piling up some sacks, has he been an All-pro? Has even made a pro bowl? Yet you want to give up the 3rd overall for him and them pay him a fortune? Hard pass. 

I'd take Clark, but not for anything close to the 3rd overall pick. 

Yeah good points need to agree with you given the financials and DV issue. The thing is I have zero faith Bosa will be anywhere near as good and if he falls to 3 Macc will think hes a genius for snagging him.

6 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

The dream scenario would be trading this years highest 3rd and our 2nd next year for Clark, getting #6 and #17 from the Giants in a trade down from #3, and then walking away from the 1st round with a combo of Jonah Williams/Andre Dillard at 6 and Garrett Bradbury at 17.

The team would basically be set with the exception of maybe the #2 corner spot. And I didn’t think that Roberts did a bad job at all when filling in for Claiborne.

He is currently making 17 mill this year on the tag and we would have to give up 2 picks for him.

30 million left before the draft, that will leave us with 13 million left so after the draft we would be capped out. 

We still have more needs and I don't think we can fix this team in one year (especially with Mac's draft history).

I think finding a a pass rusher at 3 or a trade back scenario and take a chance on  Sweat, Oliver or Gary and rolling over some cap for a strong free agency again next year. 

32 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Well they did give Enunwa an extension. Didn't he have a dv suspension?

On edit: Not saying trade for him just pointing it out.

I'm honestly not sure on that one. The only thing I can come up with is that he was already a part of the organization, so they were able to investigate the incident more fully (or at least felt less guilty about moving on from it). 

3 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Mosely would be MLB , D Lee would be Wlb , and J Jenkins would be the SLb. What would do with Avery Williamson .   The Jets aren't moving to a 4-3 defense. They are staying a 3-4 defense.

If Josh Allen gets picked at 1 or 2 (possible but unlikely), the best pick for the Jets at 3 would be a player clearly better in a 4-3 defense-Quinnen, Bosa or Oliver.

1 hour ago, Rsherman28 said:

He is currently making 17 mill this year on the tag and we would have to give up 2 picks for him.

30 million left before the draft, that will leave us with 13 million left so after the draft we would be capped out. 

We still have more needs and I don't think we can fix this team in one year (especially with Mac's draft history).

I think finding a a pass rusher at 3 or a trade back scenario and take a chance on  Sweat, Oliver or Gary and rolling over some cap for a strong free agency again next year. 

Any trade would come with a contract extension which means that $17 million would likely be cut down to near $11 million.

7 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Any trade would come with a contract extension which means that $17 million would likely be cut down to near $11 million.

Say we extend him he will earn enough guranetted money for him to basically be locked in for the 

Cap hit for 2019 : 11 mil

Cap Hit for 2020 : 18 to 20?

Cap Hit for 2021 :18 to 20?

Truamanie Johnson cap hits before we can cut him

19 : 12

20 : 15

21 : 17

That's about 30 to 37 million tied into just 2 players. Draft Bosa or Allen and move on 

Archived