No trade down

12 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

don't kill me but i have no faith in Macc in the later picks or rounds....stay at 3...guarantee a stud player.

anyone with me? or am i flying solo?

btw it sounds like we are trading down :(

Except it isn't guaranteed to be a stud player picking at 3 either. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, k-met57 said:

don't kill me but i have no faith in Macc in the later picks or rounds....stay at 3...guarantee a stud player.

Nothing but positive vibes on a night like this. Have faith in Macc that this is the year he gets the picks more right than not. Embrace the trade down.mwe need multiple positions filled and it's not happening if we don't gain any more picks 

Don't agree. Did this need it's own thread?

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I agree the 3rd overall pick could be franchise altering.

hard to say on that.  leo was a 6 pick as was adams.  both really aren't game changers although both are very good players.  now if there was a lt in the mix then maybe you could say so but the game is just too dependent on the other players to say one guy can do it.  darnold is about as close as they will get.

• Upvote 1

What is a stud player?  That is the key.

I do not see a sure fire stud and even the 'studs' we have drafted are in positions that do not make you win.  (Adams and Leo)

I am Macs biggest critic but you can't scared at the draft to do the right thing. 

If there was a stud oline or a 'sure fire' pass rusher with no problem. 

I look at it as 'A maybe good dlineman' vs multiple holes filled and hopefully at least two being oline,

Not trusting Mac is one thing.  Quality vs. Quantity is another.  Is an elite talent better than 2 good, 1 good/1 bad, 2 JAGs, 2 bad?

That's the risk you take trading back.  Especially in a draft like this years. 

It doesnt always work the way you planned.

The other part of this; if you dont trust Mac with more picks and barely trust him with the #3...how can you trust him pulling off an adequate trade? 

2 hours ago, k-met57 said:

In a way I’m with you. If Macc can only hit on surefire Top 10 talent then who wants him moving down? I can buy that logic. This is the risk averse position. “He can’t possibly f*** it up at 3!”

4 hours ago, k-met57 said:

They also need to hit on other picks.  You can't build a team with only top 3 draft picks and free agents.  If Macc blows it with this draft it's most definitely time for him to go.

4 hours ago, k-met57 said:

I am all about trade down