Jets eyeing big move into 2nd Round

Unless Mac finds a way to offload some of his other busts to facilitate this trade-up, I don't see how this is a sensible, strategy-driven move... seems reactionary, as usual.

If there is a good run on WR here, and we can get a late 2nd or 3rd for Robbie from a team that missed out on the run - that'd be nice. Similarly, if we can find a trade partner that values Leo, or even Lee.... we could find some picks, but ****, to be cashing in former first rounders for 2nd, 3rd and 4ths is shameful and termination-worthy.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

If this is the case then Macc should have taken just about anything to trade down last night.  The 15th and 46th from the Redskins and a 2nd next year?  Done.  I can't believe how Macc is going to waste 2020 resources.

He's got his eye on a Div III DT 

5 minutes ago, RobR said:

Wouldn't want him either. Not only did he have a horrible combine and pro day but he is also a headcase. 

Heard the same thing. I don't want him neither. I do want a 4-3 end who can get after the QB. Leo & Q on the inside, player unknown at end, would be very scary for any offense. That's why when i talked trade down with the Bengals and Skins I wanted a Dunlap or Allen included. Water under the bridge now.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

The draft has been the main reason for this teams failures for years it seems as if we just don't get it. 

1 impact player a years isn't winning anything here. 

How I miss us not having a pick this round with all that talent still on the board. 

The main reason for success/failure is the QB

It is if it’s a QB

Draft just isn’t as important with Sammy on the team. Not having picks this year was the cost of Sammy. Well worth it to me. Enjoy the Giants confusion. Gettleman is an Eagles fan. 

1 minute ago, Mo Lew said:

The main reason for success/failure is the QB

It is if it’s a QB

Draft just isn’t as important with Sammy on the team. Not having picks this year was the cost of Sammy. Well worth it to me. Enjoy the Giants confusion. Gettleman is an Eagles fan. 

I agree its the first time in a longtime we aren't discussing needed a QB 

But we have sucked over the years with MANY draft picks.