Mandatory Minicamp Thread

Who are you most excited to hear do well throughout camp?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you most excited to hear do well throughout camp?

• Le’Veon Bell
    • Sam Darnold
    • Quinnen Williams
    • Jachi Polite
    • Darryl Roberts
    • Other

1 hour ago, Nixhead said:

I don't know what Miami's problem with this guy was but he seems like he really and I mean really knows what he's doing. I love this guy. I know things can change but I don't have not 1 issue with Gase yet. He seems very very smart. He answers questions very well. He really wants to go about his business of coaching and have the team well prepared. Maybe its because Im so used to Bowles being a complete Zero and this guy isn't but Im kinda in awe over some of his answers.

Stupid people get afraid when they have smart people working for them. Its a common problem.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Lith said:

As long as he is not rocking the Robby Anderson harido.

And I want to be in a plural marriage with date Isla Fisher, Rachel McAdams and Elizabeth Banks circa 2005.

We don't all get to achieve our dreams.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lith said:

Gotta admit, I am warming to Gase.  I hated the hire at the time -- he was probably the last guy I wanted to see them bring in after Bowles was fired.  But if I just judge him based on what i have seen in the last few months; and not allow myself to be influenced by his time in Miamii, I like what I am seeing and hearing.  Not that it really matters much until we see the product on the field in Septmber, but I am becoming more optimistic about him than I thought possible a few months ago.

I'm generally in the same boat across the board, having despised the hire in every single way at the time, and feel better about it now than I did then.  However, the truth is everything going on right now doesn't mean a whole lot.  We're at the time of the year where folks are satisfied to simply see something different, but that has little to do with what will ultimately happen out on the field.  It's no different than when Mangini's serious football-obsessed demeanor was celebrated after years of Herm's nonsense.  Only for Rex's attitude and energy to be seen as such a major improvement next.  Even Bowles' seriousness was celebrated in his first offseason.  Bottom line, when the last guy pisses you off, the next guy having a different personality is already perceived as a win.

In the end, it'll be a question of how much Gase learned from 2 weeks of unemployment, because regardless of any excuses related to the Dolphins, there's plenty he needs to improve upon.  I'm far more willing to see how it goes now than I was before, but I can't get hooked during that time of the year when absolutely everyone in the NFL, with the sole exception of no-shows, are being celebrated as really taking that "next step" this year to find bigger and better things.

• Post of the Week 1