Mandatory Minicamp Thread

Who are you most excited to hear do well throughout camp?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you most excited to hear do well throughout camp?

• Le’Veon Bell
    • Sam Darnold
    • Quinnen Williams
    • Jachi Polite
    • Darryl Roberts
    • Other

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Thank God we had a presser with the Coach, otherwise how on earth would we know this?

You guys from the Williams thread were right, these pressers are VITAL to keep fans aware.

/endsarcasmlolz \\:D/

You're not gonna let it go, are you? lol

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Thank God we had a presser with the Coach, otherwise how on earth would we know this?

You guys from the Williams thread were right, these pressers are VITAL to keep fans aware.

/endsarcasmlolz \\:D/

There are people who have argued (not sure if it is on thiis site or some dumb ass Facebook group I am part of) that since Roberts was okay in limited action last year and Derrick Jones flashed in pre-season, addition of Brian Poole, development of Parry Nickerson that we are fine at CB. 

I am glad to hear the Coach acknowledge that they are looking for opportunities to upgrade.  For what its worth, when asked about Jonatthon Harrison at C, he did not make similar comments.

Just now, Lith said:

There are people who have argued (not sure if it is on thiis site or some dumb ass Facebook group I am part of) that since Roberts was okay in limited action last year and Derrick Jones flashed in pre-season, addition of Brian Poole, development of Parry Nickerson that we are fine at CB. 

I am glad to hear the Coach acknowledge that they are looking for opportunities to upgrade.  For what its worth, when asked about Jonatthon Harrison at C, he did not make similar comments.

What was he asked about Harrison, what was his response?

6 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

What was he asked about Harrison, what was his response?

More about the impiortance of the relationship between Sam and Harrison.  I would have to re-listen to the interview, but he talked about importance in his offense of C & QB reading the defense pre-snap and being on same page, How C can help the QB, then went into discussion of how Sam appears to be in control fo the offense and in command of the huddle.  If you go to about 1:45 of the interview linked below, he is assked about Sam's relationship with Harrison:

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1kvJpOqOVaoGE

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

More about the impiortance of the relationship between Sam and Harrison.  I would have to re-listen to the interview, but he talked about importance in his offense of C & QB reading the defense pre-snap and being on same page, then went into discussion of how Sam appears to be in control fo the offense and in command of the huddle.  If you go to about 1:45 of the interview linked below, he is assked about Sam's relationship with Harrison:

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1kvJpOqOVaoGE

Ah, yeah he was more speaking in general terms.

40 minutes ago, Lith said:

Who is going to get cu tin the coming weeks?  Didn't they cancel the roster cut down?  Now  everybody carries 90 until August 31.  Guys getting cut "in the coming weeks" are likely to be along the lines of Jeremy Clark.

One potential player - Darius Slay of the Lions is currently joining Snacks in holding out, but he is making over $12M and seeking a raise.  

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Who is going to get cu tin the coming weeks?  Didn't they cancel the roster cut down?  Now  everybody carries 90 until August 31.  Guys getting cut "in the coming weeks" are likely to be along the lines of Jeremy Clark.

One potential player - Darius Slay of the Lions is currently joining Snacks in holding out, but he is making over $12M and seeking a raise.  

Claiborne is still oout there.  Not the greatest option, but serviceable and would add some depth.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Lith said:

They are not okay at CB. Hell Trumaine Johnson has to bounce back and even if he improves by a wide margin he will never live up to that contract.

CB1 and CB2 are question marks. Claiborne anyone?

11 minutes ago, Lith said:

Claiborne is still oout there.  Not the greatest option, but serviceable and would add some depth.

Yeah.  I kind of feel like Claiborne is like Keuchel, they are waiting until there won't be draft pick compensation - except that date (compensatory draft qualifier) passed like a month ago. 

20 hours ago, Rsherman28 said:

Well I mean there is some importance to being educated.

If he wasn't kicked out of Temple for academics and have to spend his junior year back in Florida in a community college he would have been drafted. Considering how good of a pro day,40 yard time, college stats, he broke records in Temple for yards and receptions. I'm pretty sure that cost him a lot of money by not getting drafted and having to be a walk-on. 

I hear you on the importance of it. To answer your question, it is not important at all.

Just out of curiosity, how many pro bowlers do you remember talking as bad as this? 

Dexter Manley