JETS OFFER 30% DISCOUNT ON GAME TIX

15 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Just saying. 

Personally I don't care what folks think about what I spend money on. 

Neither do I.

But thousands of Jets fans have obsessed over the supposed "hardship" the PSL holders are going through since 2008.  They imagine a group of loyal fans that were robbed and taken advantage of and meanwhile we're all thrilled and giggling as it turns out we swiped their seats out from under them for a grand total of $0 dollars.

And now with Sam Darnold and a top notch front office, it's glory days ahead, I could sell my PSL's for twice what I paid for them tomorrow if I wanted to.  PSL's = Investment Gold.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Neither do I.

But thousands of Jets fans have obsessed over the supposed "hardship" the PSL holders are going through since 2008.  They imagine a group of loyal fans that were robbed and taken advantage of and meanwhile we're all thrilled and giggling as it turns out we swiped their seats out from under them for a grand total of $0 dollars.

Yeah don’t really care. 

And now with Sam Darnold and a top notch front office, it's glory days ahead

Going to be an entertaining 12 years. 

Can’t wait.

54 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I bought a sandwich the other day. 

It was $2200. 

And it wasn’t even very good.

Why would anyone care what I spent on a sandwich. 

Even if it was a really good sandwich. 

Which it wasn’t. 

The first-year cost of owning a dog is $1,300 and it costs $500 a year after that.

So that's $8,800 for a dirty animal that dies after 15 years.  What a waste of money.  Imagine that.  $8,800 for nothing.

A case of beer costs $15.

So that's $11,700 to put a case a week in a refrigerator for 15 years.  What a waste of money.  Imagine that.  $11,700 for nothing.

A pack-a-day smoker spends $13 for his smokes.

So that's $71,175 to support a filthy habit for 15 years that will ultimately kill you.  What a waste of money.  $71,175 for nothing.

A typical Giants Stadium blue collar season ticket holder with a dog, a smoking habit, who kicks back a few beers a week will spend $91,675 on those forms of entertainment in 15 years. 

Where's the outrage?

My PSL's cost me $16,000.  And they're good for 30 years.  And they don't eject warm feces in my hand once a day, make me bloated, and make me die.

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 2

Neither do I.
And now with Sam Darnold and a top notch front office, it's glory days ahead, I could sell my PSL's for twice what I paid for them tomorrow if I wanted to.  PSL's = Investment Gold.
SAR I

I agree with everything you say in this thread. Just wanted to add that you failed to mention the season ticket holders on the Giants waiting list who received tickets when the team moved from Shea. Those people held onto the seats and never went to games.

Beside the obvious reason for wanting a home playoff game, I want one just to see what a seat will go for. Comparatively speaking the tickets are a bargain. Now that the PSLs are so far in the rearview mirror they are especially a bargain.

In 1998, for example, someone sold the rights to their upper deck seats on ebay for $1800. That was prior to PSLs and NFL teams eventually stopped it. The point is it was 1998, which is a long time ago.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

The first-year cost of owning a dog is $1,300 and it costs $500 a year after that.

So that's $8,800 for a dirty animal that dies after 15 years.  What a waste of money.  Imagine that.  $8,800 for nothing.

So that's $11,700 to put a case a week in a refrigerator for 15 years.  What a waste of money.  Imagine that.  $11,700 for nothing.

So that's $71,175 to support a filthy habit for 15 years that will ultimately kill you.  What a waste of money.  $71,175 for nothing.

A typical Giants Stadium blue collar season ticket holder with a dog, a smoking habit, who kicks back a few beers a week will spend $91,675 on those forms of entertainment in 15 years. 

Where's the outrage?

My PSL's cost me $16,000.  And they're good for 30 years.  And they don't eject warm feces in my hand once a day, make me bloated, and make me die.

SAR I

Lol. 

My dog was $4500 plus $500 to fly her up from Lexington KY. 

That’s after my daughter and I flew down there to meet the breeder. 

But she (not my daughter) is the EXACT dog I wanted. 

I defy anyone to tell me I made a wrong choice. 

And 2 of my other kids have rescues. 

True story.

Why does anyone care because I don’t care what they think.

My dog is 12/10 good girl.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

Where's the outrage?

SAR I

I now better understand the cost of enjoyment of wolf whistling teen girls to lift their tops for prurient needs.

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

I was buried on a broken-down filthy Giants Stadium waiting list from 1988-2002.  15 years of frustration, watching season ticket holders selling their seats that I desperately wanted to enemy fans, and hunting for scalpers in the parking lot and usually coming up empty before taking the bus back to Port Authority and missing half the game on TV.

Now I have unobstructed Row 1 seats in a shiny modern stadium with dozens of fans around me that I call friends and we’re gearing up for a decade of championship runs and I couldn’t care less about the process that put me there or the money it cost me. I’d have paid the same $20,000 PSL fees back in 2008 again even knowing what I know now.  

Woody Johnson is Abraham Lincoln.  He freed thousands of us from the waitlist and punted the cheapskate turncoat Giants Stadium fans who sold their seats to scalpers and agencies to the curb.  And now they’re out.  And they aren’t welcomed back in.

SAR I

15 years of frustration has lead to 11+ years of spreading the PSL gospel here.  is there a theoretical point when you simply become a satisfied season ticket holder who harbors no animosity towards this franchise's ticket policies now that you have what you want for over a decade?

41 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

15 years of frustration has lead to 11+ years of spreading the PSL gospel here.  is there a theoretical point when you simply become a satisfied season ticket holder who harbors no animosity towards this franchise's ticket policies now that you have what you want for over a decade?

That's exactly where I am now.  I'm a satisfied season ticket holder and I harbor no animosity towards the Jets or their ticket policies because I have what I want for over a decade.

I applaud the Jets for keeping ticket prices flat for 10 years and eventually lowering ticket prices for us all thus making it easier for young fans to become season ticket holders in the process.  I'm good.  I think all PSL owners are good, in fact.  We were treated fairly.  Still are.

But setting the record straight in a popular, public forum like this is important.  Otherwise there is only one side of the story represented and it's the wrong story.  PSL's were great.  They put real fans in the seats, not profiteers.  They evened the score and rewarded 15 year waitlisters properly.  And now, with the ability of hindsight, we can see that they didn't cost anything as their 2009 expense was mitigated by zero price increases from 2008-2019 and beyond.  We paid a nice chunk of change 11 years ago and the Jets paid it back by gameday ticket price freezes and price reductions.  Win-win.

SAR I

47 minutes ago, JiF said:

Is it me or do PSL owners seem very defensive and insecure?

Yes, it's just you. 

Defending oneself against an onslaught of misinformation isn't being 'defensive'.  It's defending one's position and setting the record straight.  And PSL owners are quite secure.  After 7 years of brutal football and staying loyal with our time and our wallets, we're about to be rewarded quite handsomely for the next 7. 

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

Where's the outrage?

SAR I

I wish my last puppy lasted 15 years. Hell, I wish he lasted 8.  Lost him at 18 months to heat stroke. Died in my arms last Sunday. 

The animosity non PSL buyers have towards PSL buyers is incredible and illogical.

Hey....  take your wrath out on the team if you think they've outpriced you... don't take it out on people who knowingly made the decision to spend the money.  PSL holders weren't duped.  Everyone knew what they were getting and if they didn't then it's their own fault for not doing their due diligence.   Sorry if tickets to good seats busted your budget.  But it's not my fault or any other PSL holder.  I'm very happy with my seats and my decision made over 10 years ago.    Why does that upset so many people here that others chose to purchase?  It really sends some of you over the ledge it seems.  Why, in the 11th year of PSLs are people still carrying on this nonsense like PSLs were just introduced?  Give it a rest already.  It's ovah.

That's all for this thread.  Not worth any more time than this.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

17 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I wish my last puppy lasted 15 years. Hell, I wish he lasted 8.  Lost him at 18 months to heat stroke. Died in my arms last Sunday. 

My last 3 dogs were all less than 3 years. Cancer with 2 of them and Addison's with another. Probably spent $15k in trying to treat. It is not easy.

Got a mutt this time, and he will outlast me. 

All the best to you and your family. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Is it me or do PSL owners seem very defensive and insecure?

That's funny....seems like they have to justify to themselves and anyone who will listen that all is good. So be it, what someone spends their discretionary income on is their own business.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

31 minutes ago, section314 said:

That's funny....seems like they have to justify to themselves and anyone who will listen that all is good. So be it, what someone spends their discretionary income on is their own business.

Not fair to judge them all by SAR’s trolling schtick you all fall for.

39 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

My last 3 dogs were all less than 3 years. Cancer with 2 of them and Addison's with another. Probably spent $15k in trying to treat. It is not easy.

Got a mutt this time, and he will outlast me. 

All the best to you and your family. 

I’ve got a $75 mutt myself. She’s my soul mate. Dog is perfect.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Yes, it's just you. 

Defending oneself against an onslaught of misinformation isn't being 'defensive'.  It's defending one's position and setting the record straight.  And PSL owners are quite secure.  After 7 years of brutal football and staying loyal with our time and our wallets, we're about to be rewarded quite handsomely for the next 7. 

SAR I

Weird, another defensive response that reeks of insecurity.  

43 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

He was a sweet boy. Day I got him. 

792EEBA9-1E6A-446A-9524-00C30A2C91CA.jpeg

Dang, so sorry.  Cool looking dude right there, 14/10 good boy. 

Yeah lost my dog a few years ago and she lived to 15.  Waited a few months but had to get a new one, felt so weird not coming home to a dog jumping into my arms.  

• Sympathy 2

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

How awful. I’m so sorry. 

SAR I

Yeah, it was one of the worst days of my life. I was on travel, family at a wedding in Long Island and the dog walker picked him up from the pet hotel. I got home two and a half hours later and he was in a pool of his own vomit and urine. Barely Breathing. Rushed him to the emergency vet where they coded him for three hours. He died in my arms after they called the code. 

He’s being buried in his favorite Napping Jets blanket. Dude loved the Jets!imageproxy.php?img=&key=39cf8ad10baac159

5001A880-C699-4EE5-9677-8DD0D9AC932A.jpeg

• Sympathy 2

38 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yeah, it was one of the worst days of my life. I was on travel, family at a wedding in Long Island and the dog walker picked him up from the pet hotel. I got home two and a half hours later and he was in a pool of his own vomit and urine. Barely Breathing. Rushed him to the emergency vet where they coded him for three hours. He died in my arms after they called the code. 

He’s being buried in his favorite Napping Jets blanket. Dude loved the Jets!imageproxy.php?img=&key=39cf8ad10baac159

5001A880-C699-4EE5-9677-8DD0D9AC932A.jpeg

God bless, Sal. Almost nothing worse than the loss of a pet. Condolences 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I guess because I'm a former season ticket holder, I just got an email from the Jets. Tickets for the Bills, Raiders and Steeler games are 30% off and include post game field pass. This is a great deal for our fans to go see the new look Jets!

All 3 of these teams have solid fan bases that travel. Not a good sign home field advantage wise if we can't sell out against them... Expect to see a lot of black and siver or gold in the stadium.

It'll be especially annoying to have a lot of visiting fans there in blue on Opening Day at home against a division rival. 

Steeler nation was unreal last time. Same when Dallas was here. F-em.