JETS OFFER 30% DISCOUNT ON GAME TIX

I guess because I'm a former season ticket holder, I just got an email from the Jets. Tickets for the Bills, Raiders and Steeler games are 30% off and include post game field pass. This is a great deal for our fans to go see the new look Jets!

All 3 of these teams have solid fan bases that travel. Not a good sign home field advantage wise if we can't sell out against them... Expect to see a lot of black and siver or gold in the stadium.

It'll be especially annoying to have a lot of visiting fans there in blue on Opening Day at home against a division rival. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

11 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I guess because I'm a former season ticket holder, I just got an email from the Jets. Tickets for the Bills, Raiders and Steeler games are 30% off and include post game field pass. This is a great deal for our fans to go see the new look Jets!

All 3 of these teams have solid fan bases that travel. Not a good sign home field advantage wise if we can't sell out against them... Expect to see a lot of black and siver or gold in the stadium.

It'll be especially annoying to have a lot of visiting fans there in blue on Opening Day at home against a division rival. 

I assume this was for upper deck only?

1 minute ago, sec143dmf said:

I assume this was for upper deck only?

I live 700 miles away in SC now, so I didn't bother to check. I guess the best thing to do would be to call them and find out. Sounds like a good deal, against 3 interesting teams. Especially if you're taking kids. I'm sure they'd love to actually get out on the field.

• Upvote 1

A nice offer......but in a way, a crappy thing to do. I bit on their "single game pre-sale" a few months ago for the home opener. Now they are selling similar seats (200s endzone) for 30% less than I paid....plus the post-game on field.

At least last year it was pre-game on field.

57 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

A nice offer......but in a way, a crappy thing to do. I bit on their "single game pre-sale" a few months ago for the home opener. Now they are selling similar seats (200s endzone) for 30% less than I paid....plus the post-game on field.

At least last year it was pre-game on field.

See if the NY Jets have a price protection policy I would at least inquire you never know. 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hey Joe, imagine being one of these suckers who bought a PSL only to watch the Jets turn around and offer deep discounts to attract unwashed Joe Sixpack single-game fake-fans to come sit next to you in your posh PSL-seat. How embarrassing it'd be to fall for that scam.

Investment Gold I think some call it.  i feel bad for the decent people who did pay the PSL fees and high ticket prices while everyone else and their brother is getting discounted seats in the same sections. The NY Jets are having a fire sale burning those who paid full price. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Investment Gold I think some call it.  i feel bad for the decent people who did pay the PSL fees and high ticket prices while everyone else and their brother is getting discounted seats in the same sections. The NY Jets are having a fire sale burning those who paid full price. 

Remember when Woody Johnson was all "PSLs are like taxi medallions" and most people who don't know the ins and outs of livery company finances were like "take my pension!" and then Uber came along and made taxis irrelevant to the point where bankrupt taxi medallion-owning rubes were so despondent that they started jumping off the Verazzano? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

52 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hey Joe, imagine being one of these suckers who bought a PSL only to watch the Jets turn around and offer deep discounts to attract unwashed Joe Sixpack single-game fake-fans to come sit next to you in your posh PSL-seat. How embarrassing it'd be to fall for that scam.

I don't want to get in the middle of the PSL battle, but in the interest of full disclosure, the Jets marked up the single game seats quite a bit (based on opponent) vs the season ticket price for the same seats. Ex, I paid $135/seat in the 200s end zone (which is a non PSL section) for the Buffalo game. Season ticket price is $95 for that section. With the Father's Day promo, they are $105

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Worse yet those sixpack fake fans sell to opposing fans adding more non Jets fans its the stadium. 

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

I don't want to get in the middle of the PSL battle, but in the interest of full disclosure, the Jets marked up the single game seats quite a bit (based on opponent) vs the season ticket price for the same seats. Ex, I paid $135/seat in the 200s end zone (which is a non PSL section) for the Buffalo game. Season ticket price is $95 for that section. With the Father's Day promo, they are $105

So investment gold

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Remember when Woody Johnson was all "PSLs are like taxi medallions" and most people who don't know the ins and outs of livery company finances were like "take my pension!" and then Uber came along and made taxis irrelevant to the point where bankrupt taxi medallion-owning rubes were so despondent that they started jumping off the Verazzano? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I always thought you were a ricksha type of guy who avoided mass transportation and taxis. 

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This from a motger****er whose main mode of transportation is “strapped to a gurney.” 

Hard pressed to be typing on a message board strapped to a gurney but if thats what the alzheimers is telling you to type ok, not supposed to disagree with people like you to avoid you becoming angry and agitated. 

2 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

No logic allowed in the PSL discussion.

People think it's super cool to point out how smart they were for not buying PSLs. No telling them otherwise.

I have 2 seats in 111a. I paid a lot for them. I love the seats. People like @TomShane patting themselves on the back for NOT having my seats is really just silly. Get over it... I have great seats... If I paid $1 or $1 million why do you care?

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, ECURB said:

People think it's super cool to point out how smart they were for not buying PSLs. No telling them otherwise.

I have 2 seats in 111a. I paid a lot for them. I love the seats. People like @TomShane patting themselves on the back for NOT having my seats is really just silly. Get over it... I have great seats... If I paid $1 or $1 million why do you care?

If you paid a million dollars I would care because I would assume each game comes with a meal for the ages. Then I’d start  saving. 

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

You don’t have to worry about how rich people spend their fun money. 

SAR I

• Haha 1

I was buried on a broken-down filthy Giants Stadium waiting list from 1988-2002.  15 years of frustration, watching season ticket holders selling their seats that I desperately wanted to enemy fans, and hunting for scalpers in the parking lot and usually coming up empty before taking the bus back to Port Authority and missing half the game on TV.

Now I have unobstructed Row 1 seats in a shiny modern stadium with dozens of fans around me that I call friends and we’re gearing up for a decade of championship runs and I couldn’t care less about the process that put me there or the money it cost me. I’d have paid the same $20,000 PSL fees back in 2008 again even knowing what I know now.  

Woody Johnson is Abraham Lincoln.  He freed thousands of us from the waitlist and punted the cheapskate turncoat Giants Stadium fans who sold their seats to scalpers and agencies to the curb.  And now they’re out.  And they aren’t welcomed back in.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I was buried on a broken-down filthy Giants Stadium waiting list from 1988-2002.  15 years of frustration, watching season ticket holders selling their seats that I desperately wanted to enemy fans, and hunting for scalpers in the parking lot and usually coming up empty before taking the bus back to Port Authority and missing half the game on TV.

Now I have unobstructed Row 1 seats in a shiny modern stadium with dozens of fans around me that I call friends and we’re gearing up for a decade of championship runs and I couldn’t care less about the process that put me there or the money it cost me. I’d have paid the same $20,000 PSL fees back in 2008 again even knowing what I know now.  

Woody Johnson is Abraham Lincoln.  He freed thousands of us from the waitlist and punted the cheapskate turncoat fans who sold their seats to scalpers and agencies to the curb.  And now they’re out.  And they aren’t welcomed back in.

SAR I

Not to interject here but why would anyone bother trying  to convince folks that the money spent on entertainment is rational, not irrational, anyone’s business, something strangers need to be concerned about. 

Seems tiresome. 

1 hour ago, ECURB said:

Bingo.

And those who gave up their great Giants Stadium locations because of PSL fear turn out to be the fools.  The Jets haven't raised ticket prices in 11 years.  2008 was the last increase.  And most of us saw our ticket prices lowered in the past few years, imagine that.

My $4,000 a seat PSL is $13 a game for the life of the stadium.  And I expected to see my prices in the new place go up as much as they did in the old place, I thought by now my $125 tickets would be $150 or $175.  Instead, they're $120.

PSL's turned out to be much ado over nothing.  We paid a PSL fee instead of a steady series of gameday ticket increases.  In the end, it's a wash.  And we wound up ousting the offspring of Shea Stadium fans squatting in their grandpa's seats and taking their place in the process.

And now we have a franchise quarterback and we finally look like we're in the early stages of a potential dynasty.  PSL's are indeed gold.

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

Then imagine still having the audacity to defend buying PSLs. 

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

Not to interject here but why would anyone bother trying  to convince folks that the money spent on entertainment is rational, not irrational, anyone’s business, something strangers need to be concerned about. 

Seems tiresome. 

Because for the last 12 years ignorant fans and the blowhard media have declared an all-out war on Woody Johnson and PSL's and these forum threads give PSL owners a chance to set the record straight.

PSL owners are perfectly happy.  We finally ousted those carpetbagging cheapskate turncoat Giants Stadium fans who would sell half their tickets for 5x face value and attend the other half for free and put their kids through school in the process.  No more waitlists.  We call the shots now. 

In the rough times we didn't sell our licenses.  We didn't default on payments.  We weren't stupid enough to expect 30 years of winning football.  Wealthy executives are smart like that.  And now we get to reap our rewards.  And spit on those bandwagon jumpers who put us down who are now trying to scurry back in since the good times are coming.  Nice try.  We don't forget.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, F00tballGuy69 said:

Another slap in the face to those of us who are PSL owners. What a joke.

What slap to the face?

The more Jets fans in the building the better.  If getting single scattered PSL seats as some sort of package allows young Jets fans to afford to attend a few games, that's great.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

Just now, SAR I said:

Because for the last 12 years ignorant fans and the blowhard media have declared an all-out war on Woody Johnson and PSL's and these forum threads give PSL owners a chance to set the record straight.

PSL owners are perfectly happy.  We finally ousted those carpetbagging cheapskate turncoat Giants Stadium fans who would sell half their tickets for 5x face value and attend the other half for free and put their kids through school in the process.  No more waitlists.  We call the shots now. 

In the rough times we didn't sell our licenses.  We didn't default on payments.  We weren't stupid enough to expect 30 years of winning football.  Wealthy executives are smart like that.  And now we get to reap our rewards.  And spit on those bandwagon jumpers who put us down who are now trying to scurry back in since the good times are coming.  Nice try.  We don't forget.

SAR I

Just saying. 

Personally I don't care what folks think about what I spend money on. 

43 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah, but wondering about it gets us all through third shift down here in the coal mine, Rockefeller. 

firstrow-zpsdb840990.jpg

div2_zpsmer2ihf2.jpg

div1-zpsraxcvkt3.jpg

That's the thing; it didn't take a Rockerfeller to afford PSL's.  Just a little loyalty and a big brain.

$4,000 PSL = $13 a game.

$2,500 PSL = $8 a game.

That's a beer and a pretzel for me, about half a beer for those on the lower level.  Much ado about nothing.  But the outraged media and the crybaby blue collar Giants Stadium fans took the bait, vacated their seats, and let the smart money buy them out.

After 15 years on a season ticket holder waiting list, $13 is all it took to put me in a Row 1 seat.  $13 measly dollars.  It's Christmas morning every opening day for me, trust me on that.

SAR I

• Sympathy 1