Glat Steps Down

12 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

Does this mean Eric Allen finally gets fired? Still mad he fired Alex Giaimo because he was aware she would be a threat to him down the line.

maxresdefault.jpg

If Eric Allen doesn't get fired I'm going to hire a bi-plane.

This guy's a phony, makes my skin crawl.  And his "it's not me it's John Facenda" deep low whispery narrator voice is the worst thing about One Jets Drive.

The guy has got to go.  Besides, Ethan Greenberg is sooo much better.  Just watch any of the pregame streams, you'll see what I mean.

SAR I

• WTF? 1

11 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

why would anyone want to fire E Allen.  Hes hardly on and effects nothing. 

He's a low-end Mickey Mouse broadcaster, something that makes us look second-rate.  For example, we upgraded our preseason crew this year, used to be awful guys like Greg Buttle and now it's Ian Eagle, Anthony Becht, and Peter Schrager who were very professional.

Eric Allen shouldn't be on TV.  Put him behind a desk.  He's not a TV personality.  Stiff as cardboard, afraid to speak his mind, just terrible. 

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

He's a low-end Mickey Mouse broadcaster, something that makes us look second-rate.  For example, we upgraded our preseason crew this year, used to be awful guys like Greg Buttle and now it's Ian Eagle, Anthony Becht, and Peter Schrager who were very professional.

Eric Allen shouldn't be on TV.  Put him behind a desk.  He's not a TV personality.  Stiff as cardboard, afraid to speak his mind, just terrible. 

SAR I

Problem is E Allen isnt on TV. 

Hes on YouTube. Who cares.

BTW, ever watch any of the other NFL teams verions of One Jets Drive?

Jets should win an award.  There 1000 times better than the ones I've watched from other teams.

11 hours ago, johnnysd said:

the old ones are hideous, we just won a SB in them so some fans like them. I mean they are REALLY bad. New ones are clean and YES the helmet does match been covered a zillion times already.

streipes.jpg

I was a huge fan of the white helmets, but I have to be honest and they look really old and tired now.  And the stripes down the middle look really awkward from the front, combined with the shoulder stripes you have a lot of stripes going on.

The new look is clean and modern and the helmets have just enough white on them to be interesting without being overboard.  I'm pretty sure the Jets are the only team in the NFL with dynamic color-changing paint like some luxury cars have.  I've seen them in bright sunshine at 1pm and they look fantastic.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

streipes.jpg

I was a huge fan of the white helmets, but I have to be honest and they look really old and tired now.  And the stripes down the middle look really awkward from the front, combined with the shoulder stripes you have a lot of stripes going on.

The new look is clean and modern and the helmets have just enough white on them to be interesting without being overboard.  I'm pretty sure the Jets are the only team in the NFL with dynamic color-changing paint like some luxury cars have.  I've seen them in bright sunshine at 1pm and they look fantastic.

SAR I

Anything looks great when you win a playoff game, division, conference, a SB. Sorry, the new unis sux balls, the shoes don't match the purse. Love, the rich greens.

Edit....... Old richer green. New one is cheap shiny metallic like a Mazda paint job or something.

2 hours ago, nyjets1969 said:

The fact that the Jets are sharing a stadium with the Giants instead of having their own stadium is reason enough Glat should be fired.

Jesus Christ.  Neil Glat wasn't employed by the Jets until 2012 when the ground on MetLife was broken in 2008 and the first game was played in 2010.

NFL teams play a whopping 10 games at home per year.  There are 365 days in a year.  The Jets and Giants have a lot of money, in part, because they only have to eat 50% of the cost for the 345 days a year the stadium is the worlds biggest chip 'n dip.

The Rams and Chargers are sharing a stadium too.  Shea was a dump.  Give it a rest already, Beningo.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Jesus Christ.  Neil Glat wasn't employed by the Jets until 2012 when the ground on MetLife was broken in 2008 and the first game was played in 2010.

NFL teams play a whopping 10 games at home per year.  There are 365 days in a year.  The Jets and Giants have a lot of money, in part, because they only have to eat 50% of the cost for the 345 days a year the stadium is the worlds biggest chip 'n dip.

The Rams and Chargers are sharing a stadium too.  Shea was a dump.  Give it a rest already, Beningo.

SAR I

Lol.. Get back to your humorous ways.

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Jets should win an award.  There 1000 times better than the ones I've watched from other teams.

Well, I stream the Jets YouTube channel on my TV so from that standpoint he's on my TV.  LOL.

Either way, I think we've just upgraded every single field and fan touchpoint except the guy who broadcasts.  Time for Eric Allen to get the Neil Glat treatment.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Lol.. Get back to your humorous ways.

I heard Beningo last week on the FAN, the guy actually said "the Jets need their own stadium".  Is he kidding?  I can't wait for 2029 because by then every 75 year old who remembers Shea Stadium will be dead and we won't have anyone on the planet to remembers Jets games outside of the state of New Jersey and this nonsense will end.

MetLife Stadium feels just like Jets Stadium on football Sunday's.  Enough of this crap already.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

I heard Beningo last week on the FAN, the guy actually said "the Jets need their own stadium".  Is he kidding?  I can't wait for 2029 because by then every 75 year old who remembers Shea Stadium will be dead and we won't have anyone on the planet to remembers Jets games outside of the state of New Jersey and this nonsense will end.

MetLife Stadium feels just like Jets Stadium on football Sunday's.  Enough of this crap already.

SAR I

You know though, I get it, understand the high level thinking involved here.

We spent almost a billion dollars to split the stadium. Glat, if he really was a financial expert would have been smart to recommend spending another mil, almost $2 Billion on their own stadium, right next to the Giants building.  That would make so much more sense.  And to think he went to Wharton and Harvard business schools.  Should have went somewhere known for their financial programs.  Outside of the Jets home games why wouldnt they want to keep the lights off in the building the other 355 days of the year.  

Think that either the Charger or Ram fanbase are whining over something this insignificant or will be 30+ years later?

• Post of the Week 1

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

You have to appreciate were they are coming from, I loved Shea too, great times there, both on the field and in the Diamond Club. People want their own identity, an I hate the Giants being born with tix to the Eagles, and Jets it's human nature.  I can understand where they are coming from, Winning will cure everything, and they will win, if they listen and stop looking for instant gratification. They finally got their act together don't forget ownership hasn't been around very long .They will now model themselves after a successful  relatively new owner as well 90 miles south. Everyone needs to chill not just those who lost their identity.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, SAR I said:

usa_wendell_smallwood_eagles_jets.jpg

The shoulder strips aren't horizontal.  They are 'curves' around the shoulder numbers.

The helmet doesn't need a center stripe down the middle because there is a ton of white on the oversized logos on either side of the helmet as well as the raised white Jets logo dead center atop the facemask.

The uniforms are very nice.  Give them a chance.  So far you've only seen them in domes and at night.  Let's see how they look at 1PM on Sunday against the Bills.  I've seen them at OTA's in the sunshine and they looked great.

SAR I

The green on the new helmet is very rich and maybe will look good in the sunshine but I still think they screwed up by not having a white stripe down the center (as the contrast would make the green stand out even more).

As for the shoulder stripes, whether they're "horizontal" or "curves", I still think they're ugly.  In particular, I'm referring to the part that extends to the front of the jersey (that comes to a "point").  It looks so amateurish.  I'm still astounded someone signed off on this.  But maybe this is what today's generation of fans want to see?  (assuming Nike understands today's generation). 

IMO, we had absolutely beautiful jerseys that didn't need any improvement.  Now I think we have one of the ugliest uni's in the league.  I can only hope they will start changing it as soon as they're allowed to.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

maxresdefault.jpg

If Eric Allen doesn't get fired I'm going to hire a bi-plane.

This guy's a phony, makes my skin crawl.  And his "it's not me it's John Facenda" deep low whispery narrator voice is the worst thing about One Jets Drive.

The guy has got to go.  Besides, Ethan Greenberg is sooo much better.  Just watch any of the pregame streams, you'll see what I mean.

SAR I

He’s not the narrators voice. But yeah he needs go asap. He’s the worst. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

And here I thought you were secretly “Ira from Staten Island”.......you ARE capable of criticizing the jets! ?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

As for the shoulder stripes, whether they're "horizontal" or "curves", I still think they're ugly.  In particular, I'm referring to the part that extends to the front of the jersey (that comes to a "point").  It looks so amateurish.  I'm still astounded someone signed off on this.  But maybe this is what today's generation of fans want to see?  (assuming Nike understands today's generation).

cape.jpg

IMO, the stripes are not supposed to be shoulder stripes but actually look like a cape and convey a feeling of 'flight'.  At least that's what I see every time I look at them.

SAR I

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

IMO, we had absolutely beautiful jerseys that didn't need any improvement.  Now I think we have one of the ugliest uni's in the league.  I can only hope they will start changing it as soon as they're allowed to.

Ucontext.jpg

I too think we had outstanding uniforms, but they were tied to the past and very retro in design.  Unlike the Steelers, Cowboys, Packers, etc. our square shoulders and contrasting long sleeves were very dated and there was no way around that.

If you compare our new uniforms to the other 8 Nike redesigns, we have the best looking one in the group.  We are essentially wearing a interpretation of the new Chargers uniforms and we have the most interesting and modern helmet in the league.

You can argue whether or not the Jets should have gone modern, but having made that decision we now have the best looking modern uniforms in the league.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Black is the new black man. Come on

675-D49-FE-15-A7-450-D-9-BE2-38-A6718-F3

I think the Gotham Green helmet goes best with the Stealth Black uniform. 

Can't wait for the Jets (2-0) to defeat the Browns (0-2) two weeks from Monday in our Stealth getup.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

The team has stunk since he came aboard.  This definitely isn’t his fault but it’s time to clean house like Parcells did in 1997.  

Yes.  

Everything tied to the Woody regime of circa 2016 has to go. This is Chris Johnson‘s team and he needs loyal soldiers now. 

SAR I

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Great so they can spend to the cap... oh wait

41 minutes ago, jgb said:

Great so they can spend to the cap... oh wait

There is a lot more than cap space in play here. Free agents like modern well-equipped facilities, a strong coaching staff, and all the perks and luxuries that a wealthy franchise can provide them and their families. 

Florham Park is a palace.  Jets players’ family members get a VIP experience. We have a very expensive coaching staff.  Meals, nutrition, medical, travel, it’s all first class. Poor franchises like Oakland and Jacksonville can’t compete.

MetLife Stadium and loyal season ticket holder revenue makes a huge difference in how players are recruited and how players are developed.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

There is a lot more than cap space in play here. Free agents like modern well-equipped facilities, a strong coaching staff, and all the perks and luxuries that a wealthy franchise can provide them and their families. 

Florham Park is a palace.  Jets players’ family members get a VIP experience. We have a very expensive coaching staff.  Meals, nutrition, medical, travel, it’s all first class. Poor franchises like Oakland and Jacksonville can’t compete.

MetLife Stadium and loyal season ticket holder revenue makes a huge difference in how players are recruited and how players are developed.

SAR I

I don’t care if they share a stadium personally. Just win, baby.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

Does this mean Eric Allen finally gets fired? Still mad he fired Alex Giaimo because he was aware she would be a threat to him down the line.

Eric Allen seems to have some serious pull. I am Team Olivia personally lol.

18 hours ago, SAR I said:

cape.jpg

IMO, the stripes are not supposed to be shoulder stripes but actually look like a cape and convey a feeling of 'flight'.  At least that's what I see every time I look at them.

SAR I

You are right, never looked that hard. Would love to see that style uni and gear in rich green. I just can't get past the current colors.

22 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Bob Papa and Carl Banks droning on is f__ing terrible. Lazy homer crap. 

On 8/31/2019 at 12:02 PM, SAR I said:

streipes.jpg

SAR I

The Giants have had that shiny metallic color changing paint on their helmet for some time now. 

7740360.jpgnew-york-giants.jpg?w=1000&h=650