We will rally around Trevor Siemian and we'll play good football

12 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

Yeah, Vaders response didn't make much sense to me either. WTH is his point? 

legit NFL franchises are about FQB’s. i will definitely watch but there is nothing exciting about another season of kellen clemens or quincy carter or whatever backup that will bring us nowhere 

I really don’t think the Jets lose much with Sam being out. If Siemian can dial up a game like he has in the past the Jets win. He is mobile and can throw on the run. Kalil has another week with the play book and practice and maybe he won’t look as lost as he was last week. Should improve or he may just be washed up. I think Greg Williams really wants this one. He has a lot of familiarity with the Browns and should be able to call a good defensive game plan to hopefully keep them at bay. Browns D is good but IMO not as good as the Bills D. I don’t feel like the D fell apart so much because Mosley went out as much as they were just gassed in the 4th quarter last week. They were on the field quite a bit last week. Time of possessions Jets 26:30/Bills 33:30. New Fricken kicker too. And don’t forget the Jets have the Bell factor. I’m thinking we win a tough fought game.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Seimian 475 yards passing 4 TD's 

Robby 4 TD's 215 yards receiving 

Bell 2 TD's 150 yards rushing 

Are you trying to Will this? Did you dream it last night? Or are you just smoking some good Kush? Or all of the above? 

Whatever it is I’m with ya Joe Willy?

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, jgb said:

Exactly. I do love how the sunshiners crawl into fetal victim mode after being obnoxious bullies every off season. ;) 

lol  Its a war zone I suppose.  

I never get why many people seem to enjoy the collapses more than wins or success.  I guess it's better to be right than happy. 

Me?  I'm sort of a homer but a critical one. I'm always rooting for the guys we have to somehow be the best in their spot. But I take almost zero delight in watching the Jets suck this early in a season. Now the end of the year?  I'm all about that draft spot baby

4 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I never get why many people seem to enjoy the collapses more than wins or success.  I guess it's better to be right than happy. 

Me?  I'm sort of a homer but a critical one. I'm always rooting for the guys we have to somehow be the best in their spot. But I take almost zero delight in watching the Jets suck this early in a season. Now the end of the year?  I'm all about that draft spot baby

Predicting rain is not the same as rooting for it. We should all get along. Everyone wants the Jets to do well.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

For me, the perfect scenario is Sam coming back at full strength by mid season and playing great for the remainder of 2019. It’ll silence all the questions about him and earn him the right to be “the guy”. We would also still have a pretty high draft pick which is crucial for restocking the talent with trade downs etc.

1 full offseason with Gase and Douglas should help but needs to be PERFECT in order to compete for playoffs next year. I think we are still at least 2 years away and will basically miss our window while Sam is on a rookie contract. This team was built too poorly and completely backwards. I hope Douglas turns out to be a good GM, otherwise it’s back to square one....AGAIN. 

25 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Do you really think a group of Jets fans actually want the team to collapse and suck?  Really?  

Sure, we take glee when stupid homers yell at us all offseason about a player or GM actually being good and call us fake fans, and then get proven way wrong.  But that doesn't mean we WANT the team to suck. 

I'd prefer to be the one proven wrong and for this team not to be a perennial failure.  But it is, so what else is there to do but make fun of others or ourselves from time to time and get a laugh out of it?  The alternative is crying or quitting being a fan entirely.  

1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

For me, the perfect scenario is Sam coming back at full strength by mid season and playing great for the remainder of 2019. It’ll silence all the questions about him and earn him the right to be “the guy”. We would also still have a pretty high draft pick which is crucial for restocking the talent with trade downs etc.

1 full offseason with Gase and Douglas should help but needs to be PERFECT in order to compete for playoffs next year. I think we are still at least 2 years away and will basically miss our window while Sam is on a rookie contract. This team was built too poorly and completely backwards. I hope Douglas turns out to be a good GM, otherwise it’s back to square one....AGAIN. 

I thought we said that 2 years ago ?

• Haha 1