Can we please just sit Trumaine Johnson?

Jetster

You guys can laugh at this all you want, but the news that Bless Austin is healthy and practicing is going to solve this problem. I think the Jets have 2 more weeks to make a decision on him for this year.If he's a go, he immediately would become the best CB on this team. I know it's a low bar, but he is good. Don't let the fact that he's from Rutgers worry you, he can play.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Sit his azz. He's detrimental to the young guys on this team. Don't ever show young guys that you too can be lazy & make 17 million per year! Honestly, I do not want to see this guy take another snap for this team, and cut him immediately when it saves us the most money on the cap.

That 1st drive I said Brady will target TJ every chance he gets. Not only does he give up way too much space the guy can't play laterally & he can't run fast. He is BY FAR the worst expensive free agent this team has ever wasted this much money on & it's not even CLOSE! 

I cant stand looking at him! 

even though johnson misplayed the dorset td he almost got there.  so it's not about physical talent.  it's all about playing the position the right way.

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

even though johnson misplayed the dorset td he almost got there.  so it's not about physical talent.  it's all about playing the position the right way.

The way he played him, it almost seemed like he expected help to the outside.

Sit his azz. He's detrimental to the young guys on this team. Don't ever show young guys that you too can be lazy & make 17 million per year! Honestly, I do not want to see this guy take another snap for this team, and cut him immediately when it saves us the most money on the cap.

That 1st drive I said Brady will target TJ every chance he gets. Not only does he give up way too much space the guy can't play laterally & he can't run fast. He is BY FAR the worst expensive free agent this team has ever wasted this much money on & it's not even CLOSE! 

AND Kalil forever

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

I'd like to see him cut now.  This is a lost season.  Cut him now... send a big shocking message to the slackards still on this team.   Take as much of the cap hit now... get rid of him.  Show the youngsters that his lazy style is not welcomed on this team.

• Upvote 3

You're not wrong ...

If the Jets had any guts they would CUT Johnson regardless of the cap consequences to send a message that effort and desire actually matters on this team.  This guy is stealing money from the Jets so at least let him do it out of view so he cannot infect anyone else with his apathy.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, prime21 said:

The way he played him, it almost seemed like he expected help to the outside.

i'm not sure we're thinking about the same td.  the td i'm referring to is the one to the right (offense side) corner of the end zone.  there's no way to get help on the outside.

He has got to be getting verbally abused by Jet fans sitting low enough to do so. I mean this guy is an embarrassment to this organization (if we can call the Jets ORGANIZED), I'm sure Gase, Williams & Douglas cant wait to give him his walking papers. Freaking horrible Frankenstein team that idiot Macc slapped together! 

These posts about Darnold are hilarious! Ghosts? Sam, they weren't Ghosts, they were REAL FOOTBALL PLAYERS, running freely to take your head off while your WRs struggled to get a foot of separation. Gilmore is giving BB what Revis gave Rex, an extra defender to wreak havoc wherever he chooses. Hell, this Oline is horrific as it is, Sam just EXPECTS to be running for his life behind this Oline. I mean seriously, put Brady back there & he wouldn't be seeing Ghosts, he'd be seeing STARS after he was knocked out cold. 

This team needs a lot of real football players at BORING but necessary positions on this Oline. Pollack either sucks or the players do, or both, but Sams getting David Carred.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Yep.  Williams and Gase sure must want to dump Trumaine Johnson.  I mean over the last three games he has sat 1, 0 and 4 snaps.  Anyone is better!

We missed on Milliner, passed on Lattimore for Adams, I mean I like Adams attitude but CB is far more important than a safety. There are a handful of them every year as free agents. Rex used Leonard for god sakes.