DK Metcalf

choon328

The “he plays on a better team” is a cop out imho. If that “argument” was determinative, no players on different teams could ever be compared. Yet that’s what gm’s are paid to do: extrapolate college or NFL production to how the player will perform in their scheme/team.

9 minutes ago, jgb said:

The “he plays on a better team” is a cop out imho. If that “argument” was determinative, no players on different teams could ever be compared. Yet that’s what gm’s are paid to do: extrapolate college or NFL production to how the player will perform in their scheme/team.

A bad team is a bad team. Players are obviously going to be worse on a bad team. Do you think Anderson would have only 300 yards if he played for Seattle or Bell would have the worst number of his career if he was on another team? Do you think McCaffery would be leading the league in yards from scrimmage on the Jets?

6 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

A bad team is a bad team. Players are obviously going to be worse on a bad team. Do you think Anderson would have only 300 yards if he played for Seattle or Bell would have the worst number of his career if he was on another team? Do you think McCaffery would be leading the league in yards from scrimmage on the Jets?

This is a straw man. Elite players will get inflated stats on a good team but that’s what the eye test is for. Bell passes it, Robby doesn’t imho. PS neither does DK, yet.

NFL GMs also use other metrics like the percentage of a team’s targets and total yardage players account for to identify good players on crappy teams.

I miss Jason’s articles on nyjetscap.com they did a brilliant job explaining this process.

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

This is a straw man. Elite players will get inflated stats on a good team but that’s what the eye test is for. Bell passes it, Robby doesn’t imho. PS neither does DK, yet.

NFL GMs also use other metrics like the percentage of a team’s targets and total yardage players account for to identify good players on crappy teams.

I miss Jason’s articles on nyjetscap.com they did a brilliant job explaining this process.

I miss Mangold, Brick, Faneca, Woody etc. If they had that oline with this current team the Jets would make the playoffs. 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

I miss Mangold, Brick, Faneca, Woody etc. If they had that oline with this current team the Jets would make the playoffs. 

And if we had Bill Belichick we would have asterisks next to our multiple championships

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

Reason #1 the Jets suck, both Williams’ look like mediocre run clogging DT’s good teams take in the 3rd round.

Man Quinnen has been a massive disappointment. Did he even play yesterday? The undrafted dude seems ahead of him.

19 hours ago, choon328 said:

Anybody who criticized him as a workout warrior and someone who would never be good bc of a 3 cone time should have to register as a dimbass who doesn't know football.  The registration starts now.  I'll wait....

He had 3 catches for 13 yards against an awful secondary while playing with a HOF QB. Yeah, he had 2 TDs but at least one of them was Atlanta forgetting to cover him and Wilson soft tossed him a wide open pass in the back of the EZ.  

He's averaging about 2-4 catches a game. Let's not get carried away. 

He looks good but he hasn't looked like the second coming of Julio. If he was on the Jets or not playing with Wilson I am not sure people would be as in love with him. 

• Sympathy 1

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He had 3 catches for 13 yards against an awful secondary while playing with a HOF QB. Yeah, he had 2 TDs but at least one of them was Atlanta forgetting to cover him and Wilson soft tossed him a wide open pass in the back of the EZ.  

He's averaging about 2-4 catches a game. Let's not get carried away. 

He looks good but he hasn't looked like the second coming of Julio. If he was on the Jets or not playing with Wilson I am not sure people would be as in love with him. 

He looks better than any of our WR's. 

20 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I literally said back in April, "**** it, take him at 3". 

And I stand by it. Quinnen is a heartless ghost. 

I don't remember anyone else but you and @joewilly12 saying it by April.

A few guys liked him very early in the process, but come April, you two were the only one still asking for him. In fact, you guys were taking crap for it.

Good job by you.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

A few guys liked him very early in the process, but come April, you two were the only one still asking for him. In fact, you guys were taking crap for it.

Good job by you.

I think i literally started a thread call DK at 3... not saying i was all about it, but it was a discussion worth having

3 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Good job by you.

Now I'm questioning my judgment.....lol.

J/K JW

• Haha 1

On 10/28/2019 at 10:14 AM, choon328 said:

Except me and a bunch of others were ridiculed for suggesting drafting Metcalf at 3rd overall bca generational DT had to be the pick.

He would of been a good second or third round pick not 3rd overall. He’s a one dimensional player. Basically he’s a worse offensive version of DE Josh Allen. Does one thing well, flashes big plays then disappears during the game. 

Metcalf as I said before is Anderson with muscles on a better team. 

Just now, New York Mick said:

He would of been a good second or third round pick not 3rd overall. He’s a one dimensional player. Basically he’s a worse offensive version of DE Josh Allen. Does one thing well, flashes big plays then disappears during the game. 

Metcalf as I said before is Anderson with muscles on a better team. 

Metcalf is what Stephen Hill was supposed to be

I think the rap on him only running 2 routes is a little overblown