Bell will top 100 yards against bengals

kevinc855

Out of curiosity, I looked up his history of 100 yd games.

In 73 career games, he has done it 18 times (including 2 200+ yd games). I would have bet on more.

Year: games/100+

2013: 13/1

2014: 16/4

2015: 6/3

2016: 12/6

2017: 15/4

2018: 11/0

career average: 80.7 (50.6 with Jets). That's good for 17th all time but he was 9th all time before this year

Add the 41.5 YPG in receptions and you start to see his true worth, but with the Jets total O is still only 94.1 YPG

FWIW: Other Jets rushers YPG:

Martin: 83.9

Thomas Jones: 58.1 (79.9 as a Jet)

McNeil: 56.1

Snell: 49.8

Boozer: 43.5

Blair Thomas: 34.9

Mathis: 26.2

Smolinski: 12.1

conclusion?

Bell is a better rusher than both Blair Thomas and Mark Smolinski

6 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Making the prediction now. He is due for a big game. Cincinnati last in rush defense. Gase will factor him in, in some big spots. You heard it here first. 

I hope you’re right but as long as we win I don’t care what numbers he puts up. 

See you against Miami.  Hope the people who were in my seats last Sunday were decent.  All of us were sick and I had a fever of 102.5 two days before the game.  

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

See you against Miami.  Hope the people who were in my seats last Sunday were "decent".  All of us were sick and I had a fever of 102.5 two days before the game.  

I wish you a full recovery.  "Decent" ,may be a little too  much to ask for.

Let's try for Loud and Gaseous.

8 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Making the prediction now. He is due for a big game. Cincinnati last in rush defense. Gase will factor him in, in some big spots. You heard it here first. 

Well Gase knows the Bengals will expect to us to run so to outsmart them we will not have a game plan built on the back of arguably the best back in the league, but instead we will throw more....

Idk I was trying to make fun at Gase for his terrible gameplans...but really I hope we use bell alot. 

8 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

I did read it here first, but I also read this same prediction on ESPN.  Rich?

A6D83D33-C0C4-4BFA-A701-DD1CBD239490.jpeg

12 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

You heard it from me first in the premature game thread lol.

I agree though.

6 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

See you against Miami.  Hope the people who were in my seats last Sunday were decent.  All of us were sick and I had a fever of 102.5 two days before the game.  

You guys sit next to each other? That's awesome.

10 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Haha I’m missing dolphins because of drill that weekend. My wife and her friend will be there tho. The raiders game was awesome! A lot of the regulars were missing tho. It was fun putting a hammer on chucky and the boys. 

I’m thinking if Gase is actually game planning for the Bengals specifically, Bell and Powell should have big days. If we can get the running game going today, that will also open up nice chunk plays in the passing game as well as screens.

This is the exact type of game that Gase should be showing that he is an offensive guru if in fact he is one.

I am looking for jets to come out nasty and beat the living hell out of this team. That’s what I expect. (Want)

Bell - 21 for 149 yds
6 completions for 54 yds

Powell- 16 for 102 yds
5 completions for 36 yds

Montgomery- 6 for 34 yds
1 completion for 12 yds
  • Upvote 1