Has Freddie Kitchens (Baker Mayfield) lost the locker room (fan base)?

jetstream23

11 hours ago, Paradis said:

Yes, maybe it's because i have Browns fans in the family, but what has this franchise done to deserve anyone's ire or vitriol.

For me, it was when they unlocked the beer fridges after the jets game last year. I went from not giving a sh*t about the Browns to hating them. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

You're an idiot. Darnold has one less touchdown in 3 less games. He's also thrown only 12 interceptions in comparison to Bakers 18. This, not to mention Baker has much better talent as compared to the Jets.

I thought saying things like “you’re an idiot” wasn’t allowed here. I’d hate to see you get banned for breaking the rules of this forum, so just apologize, and I’ll delete that quoted portion of your post.

I don’t understand  what your problem is with mypost, which simply lists the QBR’s of the QBs being discussed in this thread. It contains nothing else, as you can see below where I re posted it.

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

These recent events begs the question....

Do you think if the Jets are healthy in week two and have Sammy as their starting QB, do they beat the Brownies at home?

The above post by you “begs a question”, but it’s not the one you’re asking.

10 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

2019 QBR to date

#1 Lamar Jackson

#20 Baker Mayfield

#24 Josh Allen

#26 Sam Darnold

Facts can be annoying sometimes, @NYJ1 but they are what they are. Facts.

• Thumb Down 1

12 hours ago, Paradis said:

I feel like you (and many others) are unfairly hard on CLE....

Yes, maybe it's because i have Browns fans in the family, but what has this franchise done to deserve anyone's ire or vitriol. Dorsey's Freddie experiment is one most people understand -- and it failed. Guy can't run a lockeroom. So be it.

But of all the snooty, arshole, stuck up fanbases - CLE is not one that warrants Jets fans (cmon) doubling down on... I think too much of this is steeped in some need to compare our success to Baker's. Who cares? I hope Baker comes around and takes over that division - which is filled with jerk fans and jerk franchises. 

When you have a bunch of big mouths on your team and the media crowns you before you actually achieve anything, it tends to backfire. 

The chickens have come home to roost. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

When you have a bunch of big mouths on your team and the media crowns you before you actually achieve anything, it tends to backfire. 

The chickens have come home to roost. 

not only that but a buncha baker fans on here all last year crowing like cocks...    was irritating

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

I told my wife I didn’t need anything for Christmas this year because we just paid for a wedding, honeymoon, building a pool and we got a puppy but the real reason I didn’t want anything is because the truth is, Bakery Mayflower has delivered the best Christmas I could ask for by coming through on an epic crash and burn.

Baker struggling might have made you happy, and that’s fine.

But If it was me, I still would’ve asked for a new set of irons or something, ?

• Haha 2

You guys sure do love your Mayfield bashing threads. LOL

It’s great that the same 10 or so guys can get together once a week and tell each other, “No, really, I don’t miss that really hot girl who I couldn’t get to go out with me, but it’s okay. I’m happy... I really am. The one I’m seeing now has a much better personality and those great for child bearing type of hips. Looks aren’t everything, I’m  so lucky. I am. I swear I am. That other one, she wasn’t all that....”

3 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

It’s great that the same 10 or so guys can get together once a week and tell each other, “No, really, I don’t miss that really hot girl who I couldn’t get to go out with me, but it’s okay. I’m happy... I really am. The one I’m seeing now has a much better personality and those great for child bearing type of hips. Looks aren’t everything, I’m  so lucky. I am. I swear I am. That other one, she wasn’t all that....”

9 years no playoffs and you don’t want us to have a little bit of fun mocking the bust Mayfield who we almost drafted?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Any NFL locker room with Baker Mayfield will always be lost. Couldn’t happen to a more deserving person and his fanboys.

Ryan Leaf called it two years ago he said he saw a lot of his younger self in Baker

He also rated Lamar Jackson 1st or 2nd in that qb class

Dude nailed it.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

9 years no playoffs and you don’t want us to have a little bit of fun mocking the bust Mayfield who we almost drafted?

It’s cool for Jets fans to knock another team or any of it’s players. I especially understand it with Mayfield. He’s polarizing to say the least, lol. I happen to like him a lot though, I always have.

The thing that always makes me laugh however are the people who call him a bust and are convinced Sam is all that and a bag of chips.

Mayfield outperformed Darnold in college, blew him away last year in their rookie seasons, and even when struggling this year, he’s still rated higher in QBR and PFF then Darnold. 

Oh well... whatever works for you guys! ?

53 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Ryan Leaf called it two years ago he said he saw a lot of his younger self in Baker

He also rated Lamar Jackson 1st or 2nd in that qb class

Dude nailed it.

I don’t remember reading anything about Leaf saying that before you brought it up here, Phil.

I have to admit, that’s pretty interesting. Do you remember what he said about the others? (Allen, Rosen and Darnold)

16 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

2019 QBR to date

#1 Lamar Jackson

#20 Baker Mayfield

#24 Josh Allen

#26 Sam Darnold

Every knows the QBR is the worst stat in all of football to rate a QB on. Half the coached in the league have no clue how it's even calculated.  

and here it is and reading it makes understand why it's pointless

1. Completion percentage: Subtract 30 from the percentage of passes that are thrown for completions, then multiply by .05.

2. Yards per attempt: Subtract yards per passing attempt by three, then multiply by .25.

3. Touchdown percentage: Multiply the percentage of touchdown passes per passing attempt by .2.

4. Interception percentage: Multiply the percentage of interceptions per passing attempt by .25, then subtract that number from 2.375.

The scores for each category are added together. That sum is divided by six and multiplied by 100, which converts it into a rating on a scale from zero to 158.3. A putatively average QB would receive a rating of 66.7 (1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 4, and 4/6 * 100 = 66.7).

SO DUMB.

3 minutes ago, lounap23 said:

Every knows the QBR is the worst stat in all of football to rate a QB on. Half the coached in the league have no clue how it's even calculated.  

and here it is and reading it makes understand why it's pointless

1. Completion percentage: Subtract 30 from the percentage of passes that are thrown for completions, then multiply by .05.

2. Yards per attempt: Subtract yards per passing attempt by three, then multiply by .25.

3. Touchdown percentage: Multiply the percentage of touchdown passes per passing attempt by .2.

4. Interception percentage: Multiply the percentage of interceptions per passing attempt by .25, then subtract that number from 2.375.

The scores for each category are added together. That sum is divided by six and multiplied by 100, which converts it into a rating on a scale from zero to 158.3. A putatively average QB would receive a rating of 66.7 (1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 4, and 4/6 * 100 = 66.7).

SO DUMB.

You're describing the conventional QB rating system, the one in which Darnold is ahead of Mayfield right now and, as a result, wouldn't've fit @14 in Green's agenda. 

QBR is ESPN's proprietary rating system, it's calculation is a secret. Ryan Tannehill leads the league in traditional passer rating right now, but ranks 12th in ESPN's system. Not really sure if that's good or bad. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, slats said:

You're describing the conventional QB rating system, the one in which Darnold is ahead of Mayfield right now and, as a result, wouldn't've fit @14 in Green's agenda. 

QBR is ESPN's proprietary rating system, it's calculation is a secret. Ryan Tannehill leads the league in traditional passer rating right now, but ranks 12th in ESPN's system. Not really sure if that's good or bad. 

I think I’ll go with the one which has Jackson, Mahomes, Brees, and about 7 or 8 others ahead of Tannehill, thank you very much.

As far as my “agenda” I don’t think there is very much at all that separates Mayfield, Allen and Darnold to this point. I think my “agenda” for the last month or so has been very consistent.

I’ve been saying Mayfield has struggled this year, I never expected it, but he has. He’s no better right now then Allen or Darnold. Last year I thought he was.

Allen has improved from last season, if I had to choose between the 3, I’d give him the highest grade this year.

I feel Darnold is just about the same player he was last season. Same good qualities, same bad.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I think I’ll go with the one which has Jackson, Mahomes, Brees, and about 7 or 8 others ahead of Tannehill, thank you very much.

As far as my “agenda” I don’t think there is very much at all that separates Mayfield, Allen and Darnold to this point. I think my “agenda” for the last month or so has been very consistent.

I’ve been saying Mayfield has struggled this year, I never expected it, but he has. He’s no better right now then Allen or Darnold. Last year I thought he was.

Allen has improved from last season, if I had to choose between the 3, I’d give him the highest grade this year.

I feel Darnold is just about the same player he was last season. Same good qualities, same bad.

I don't like QBR because I don't know how it's calculated. I believe they include rushing numbers in the mix. I'd like Sam to be more decisive when the time comes to run the ball, but I don't rate him on it. Mayfield and Darnold are both passing for 7 ypa, but Darnold is completing a higher percentage of passes for a higher percentage of TDs and a lower percentage of ints. Darnold has improved in almost every passing category, Mayfield has regressed in those same categories. Yet, even with Darnold improving in comp%, TD%, int%, and ypa, his mysterious QBR has dropped. **** QBR. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, slats said:

I don't like QBR because I don't know how it's calculated. I believe they include rushing numbers in the mix. I'd like Sam to be more decisive when the time comes to run the ball, but I don't rate him on it. Mayfield and Darnold are both passing for 7 ypa, but Darnold is completing a higher percentage of passes for a higher percentage of TDs and a lower percentage of ints. Darnold has improved in almost every passing category, Mayfield has regressed in those same categories. Yet, even with Darnold improving in comp%, TD%, int%, and ypa, his mysterious QBR has dropped. **** QBR. 

What’s the other system that you prefer, PFF? QBR is the only one I go with, but I’d like to compare them for myself.

2 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Thank you for leading the way!

Oh brother, please...dont give that credit to me. Pass that one on to those who make the threads. lol

They are the true leaders well deserving of that credit. Im just a participant. ?

We'd never have the joy of watching Baker burn if it weren't for you!

Greenwich, patience is a virtue my friend.

Just like I had to live through that offseason of " I told you Villain about the greatness that is Fitzmagic", knowing what would eventually be the outcome. 

Or sometimes, things are just "Mike Glennon", and never hit and you just deal with it. 

If there is any credit you'd like to give, it's that I have patience and I dont runaway when im wrong. 

That's rare around here. 

18 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

What’s the other system that you prefer, PFF? QBR is the only one I go with, but I’d like to compare them for myself.

I don't know why anyone would use a rating system, based on statistics, without understanding how it's calculated. The passer rating stat is flawed, but at least I know what goes into its calculation. PFF is less than perfect but, again, they explain how they get their numbers. I don't really love any of these attempts to quantify the QB, looking at individual stats, instead. But QBR, in particular, is the one I avoid. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/26/2019 at 9:34 AM, 14 in Green said:

Almost as much as some love defending Mayfield? 

At least the people who come to bash have the easier job.   

2 hours ago, slats said:

I don't know why anyone would use a rating system, based on statistics, without understanding how it's calculated. The passer rating stat is flawed, but at least I know what goes into its calculation. PFF is less than perfect but, again, they explain how they get their numbers. I don't really love any of these attempts to quantify the QB, looking at individual stats, instead. But QBR, in particular, is the one I avoid. 

QBR is one of the most flawed statistics and quantifying a QB’s performance relative to the team. 

I like DVOA and AY/A. NAY/A is great for QBs who have the ability to run.

• Sympathy 1