Gase Won’t Comment on Le’Veon Bell’s Future, has yet to Speak with Enunwa

JetNation

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

He had plenty of opportunity to hit some big runs - even in this game against Buffalo.  

He made Powell looking like a speed demon.

Honestly, I like Bell, his attitude - but he’s not an NFL RB anymore.  Just not fast enough.

Please show me all thew big runs you think he missed.   As I stated in my previous post Bell does not see a crack and go.  BP does.   Bell is still as fast as ever.  He hasn't had the opportunity to run in any open space.   But please show me all the opportunities you think he had.  

3 hours ago, lounap23 said:

You have never watched Bell play have you?   His style is very different.   Like I said he plays patiently waiting for a whole to open.   So behind a line that never opens a whole he is looking slow as he is waiting for it. He's never been a hit the whole hard and fast guy.   As bad as this OL is in pass protection it's actually 100 times worse in run blocking.  

i have. he's slow. i know exactly what he's doing. or tryna do.

• Upvote 1

Look I don’t think Bell was used correctly and the sh*tty OL didn’t help.  However it is fair to say he didn’t have that same burst running the ball.  I’m not sure if part of it was missing an entire year or what?  The problem is that if we get rid of him we probably won’t get much back.  I still think he can be a good weapon for Sam and the offense if the OL is fixed and the coach actually wants him here 

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Exactly.  It's office politics.

If Gase says something positive about Player X and the GM then goes and says the opposite or trades him, that puts the GM in a bad spot.  So saying nothing is the right move.

Gase has said or done nothing wrong this season.  His crime is that he's not cuddly like Pete Carroll or energetic like Sean McVay.  Fans care more about the show than the go.  I'll take a quiet, introverted curmudgeon that wins games over a flashy loser any day.

SAR I

It's gonna be really sad watching you double and triple down on Gase all offseason, only to see the light when they crap the bed next season and Gase gets fired.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

i have. he's slow. i know exactly what he's doing. or tryna do.

OK Boss. You're right he's slow.   All those holes he missed that this OL opens up drives me nuts.   Watching him get tackled by LB's and DL's after they have closed that 5 yd lead he has on them is maddening.  

4 minutes ago, lounap23 said:

OK Boss. You're right he's slow.   All those holes he missed that this OL opens up drives me nuts.   Watching him get tackled by LB's and DL's after they have closed that 5 yd lead he has on them is maddening.  

He was outgained on the ground by a 31 year old Bilal Powell, fresh off, what should have been, a career ending injury.  Bilal started one game and, at the time, surpassed Bell's season high on yardage and YPC.  It's admirable to watch him try to make nothing into a 15+ yard gain, but it's also ridiculously stupid because, most of the time, dancing around results in a 5 yard loss.

Oh, and it's painfully obvious when Powell is in the game that they're running the ball making the feat all the more disheartening.

8 minutes ago, lounap23 said:

I have said repeatedly that the OL is the biggest priblem and that you can see w/ his decent runs how he'd be productive with better blocking. But just because of that doesnt mean he isnt slow. he is slow.

the OL sucking and bell being slow arent mutually exclusive.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

He was outgained on the ground by a 31 year old Bilal Powell, fresh off, what should have been, a career ending injury.  Bilal started one game and, at the time, surpassed Bell's season high on yardage and YPC.  It's admirable to watch him try to make nothing into a 15+ yard gain, but it's also ridiculously stupid because, most of the time, dancing around results in a 5 yard loss.

Oh, and it's painfully obvious when Powell is in the game that they're running the ball making the feat all the more disheartening.

If you read my earlier post I stated Bells style does not work here with this awful OL. Pittsburgh had a good OL.  He would get the ball wait a half second for the blocks to be made and the whole to appear and boom he was gone.   That doesn't happen here.  BP gets the ball sees a crack and goes.  That works.  My point is Bells skill set has not diminished one bit.  His style makes the OL look as bad as they are.   So the Jets have two options... Keep Bell and upgrade the OL to utilize Bells elite skills that fit his style or trade Bell and replace him with a one step back. Oh and still have to fix the OL.  

Bells style combined with this OL was a disaster.  No arguing that.  But Bell isn't slow. He hasn't lost a step.  The funny part of this whole thread is last year when he was holding out a ton of pundits talked about how Bells style might not fit into some offenses even with his elite skill set. And here we are.. 

25 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

It's gonna be really sad watching you double and triple down on Gase all offseason, only to see the light when they crap the bed next season and Gase gets fired.

I’m not a Gase fan. I just think it’s too soon to judge based on this year’s circumstances. I liked some of what I saw.

Three HC’s and three playbooks in three years is an insane thing to do to a young quarterback. Not to mention, no hot HC prospect would want to come here after that. No one wants to trust his career to fans this misguided and management that fickle. 

SAR I

9 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

I have said repeatedly that the OL is the biggest priblem and that you can see w/ his decent runs how he'd be productive with better blocking. But just because of that doesnt mean he isnt slow. he is slow.

the OL sucking and bell being slow arent mutually exclusive.

And I am arguing Bell isn't slow.  I am arguing his style of patiently waiting for the hole to open up with this sh*tty OL is a recipe for the worst run game in the NFL. His burst and speed are fine.   His style is awful behind this OL

26 minutes ago, lounap23 said:

If you read my earlier post I stated Bells style does not work here with this awful OL. Pittsburgh had a good OL.  He would get the ball wait a half second for the blocks to be made and the whole to appear and boom he was gone.   That doesn't happen here.  BP gets the ball sees a crack and goes.  That works.  My point is Bells skill set has not diminished one bit.  His style makes the OL look as bad as they are.   So the Jets have two options... Keep Bell and upgrade the OL to utilize Bells elite skills that fit his style or trade Bell and replace him with a one step back. Oh and still have to fix the OL.  

Bells style combined with this OL was a disaster.  No arguing that.  But Bell isn't slow. He hasn't lost a step.  The funny part of this whole thread is last year when he was holding out a ton of pundits talked about how Bells style might not fit into some offenses even with his elite skill set. And here we are.. 

He averaged 4.0 his last year in Pitt, behind 3 all-pro lineman.  When you look at that, it's evidently clear that it's more than just "style".  He absolutely lost a step.  It's hard not too lose anything when you have the tread on your tires that Bell does.

It's a moot argument tbh.  I doubt that we'll find someone to trade anything of value for him.  It's just going to go down as another bust of a signing by Maccagnan.

• Upvote 1

Can anyone name an NFL player playing with spinal stenosis?  I think Mac knew he had it when he signed him.   Don’t you think the NFL should step in and not let him play?  Do we need another Darryl Stingley?

I don’t think the salary cap result is good though if he can’t play anymore due to injury.  But Quincy needs to retire.  

5 minutes ago, lounap23 said:

And I am arguing Bell isn't slow.  I am arguing his style of patiently waiting for the hole to open up with this sh*tty OL is a recipe for the worst run game in the NFL. His burst and speed are fine.   His style is awful behind this OL

we defo disagree.

no amount of anything we'll reconciel that. shrug. 

ending new year GIF by Looney Tunes

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

I’m not a Gase fan. I just think it’s too soon to judge based on this year’s circumstances. I liked some of what I saw.

Three HC’s and three playbooks in three years is an insane thing to do to a young quarterback. Not to mention, no hot HC prospect would want to come here after that. No one wants to trust his career to fans this misguided and management that fickle. 

SAR I

When Lombardy took over the Packers they were the worst team in football. And they were horrible for a long long time before he arrived. He changed the culture and instilled a tradition of respect winning and commitment. It falls of the coach to change things around. I don’t see that from Gase. He’s an arrogant backstabbing joke. Hopefully JD has the power to get rid of this clown after next year.