Costello's comments from former Gase players-Counter Mehta

On 2/2/2020 at 11:44 AM, FidelioJet said:

This is always the weakest argument anyone can make.  it makes no sense.

So, you would rather hold off for two more years just to start a new offense then?Gase isn’t the guy, he was a bad hire - it’s obvious - let’s not throw good money after bad.

Why waste two years of something that is inevitable, just have to lick our wounds and move on to a competent offensive coaching staff.

What's obvious is most of the Gase haters made up their mind before he was hired.  Most of the Gase haters were stupid enough to be conned into a go fund me fire Gase scheme.  Ipso facto Gase haters are among the dumbest of one of the dumbest fan bases in the NFL.  (Hyperbole alert.  We may not be the dumbest but definitely bottom 6)

Based on the results of this season, Gase was amazing before the season started in getting Mac fired and Douglas hired.  He sucked early and came on late.  Sam went from Zippy the Chimp to King Kong.  Over all even with his failure to produce any O with a back up QB and a squad of backups that looked a lot like the replacements he held the team together.  By any measure he sucked less than is necessary to get fired and may have actually done a very good job.   Since the top 10 NFL HC's aren't leaving their teams this year firing Gase is an absurdly dumb idea.  Putting Sam in a third O in 3 years with an unknown commodity hired by our ownership who has shown no ability to recognize coaching or GM talent is one of the dumbest things the Jets could do.  The same power ball lottery that hired Gase will hire his replacement.

17 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

That fat ******* carpetbagger was always an insufferable douche and he managed to sh*t away a super bowl roster on Rick ******* Mirer. 

Still processing my sentient fury over this slander and will come back to it when the fires of rage aren’t fueling my every thought 

• Upvote 1

On 2/2/2020 at 2:35 PM, SAR I said:

There is something to be said for teams that stay the course with a regime-  even through some tough times-  because they believe in their original hiring decision and show a little patience.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  Giving a 22 year old kid quarterback some consistency is a good thing. 

And stop already, Gase wasn't a bad hire.  In fact, he showed the most important element in a head coach here in his first year-  he held the team together and corrected that awful Jets culture in one season.  6-2 finish is a big deal, the fact that no coaches were let go is a big deal, the fact that no coaches are trying to leave is a big deal. 

Hating Gase at this point is foolish.  If he could go 7-5 with healthy Darnold and 6-2 down the stretch with a beat up team already bereft of talent, imagine what is possible in Year 2 with some Joe Douglas magic and Darnold not needing to learn another playbook.

SAR I

The Jets aren't a regime, the Jets are a banana republic.  It's okay to hate Gase.  Hating Gase and wanting him fired aren't the same thing.  I hate Belichek and would love to have had him coach the Jets.  Imaging what he can do is wishful thinking and irrelevant.  

19 hours ago, sameoldjetsstore said:

(Side note: I've heard from a number of people that NYDN thoroughly investigated the Wyatt situation and found it was 110% not Manish behind the account. Interesting that they chose not to clear his name when a lot of Jets fans still believe that he was running that account.)

I'm confident that the burner account was created by the Jets Communications (P.R.) department.   They had a seasonal intern set up the account.  A guy on twitter tried to get the recovery email address for the account before The Jets (or Mehta) closed the account.

Upon attempting to recover the info, the account said it was sending the recovery to: v***********a@live.com.  There is a seasonal intern in the PR department with a name that fits all those spaces exactly.  link   Someone went to her facebook and asked her about it.  She removed the post in under 20 seconds.  She set the burner account up, I have no doubt.  She is a kid who was dumb enough to use a personal email address for the recovery.  Then someone else on the Jets, maybe Gase himself, maybe Loggins or some other chump from the staff probably did the posting.  

The Jets got away with murder with this burner account thing.  They must be pleased as punch that Mehta got all the blame, because they hate him.  I really am fine with Mehta being wrongfully blamed on this because he is such an a-hole constantly.  Justice is sometimes weird.  How ironic that a guy who constantly fabricates and outright lies for so many years ultimately gets blamed for something he didn't do.  Haha.  Justice is a b*tch sometimes.  And in the absence of any other evidence, I believe it was the Jets all along with this burner.

4 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Mehta is a very mentally sick and unstable man.  The Jets should pull his credentials.  

That being said some players will love a coach and some will hate him.  I didn’t see this team throw the coach under the bus though and they could have very easily.  

And that's what tells us that Gase has half the battle won.  An important half, considering how bad our culture and our locker room has been in the past 7 years.  That's fixed now.

We can judge his X's and O's next September when he's got a Joe Douglas offense built and no one is sick or injured.

SAR I

6 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Are you listening ??? Gase sucks.  You got that ???

“I can’t say enough good things about him,  He loves coaching and he loves being around the guys. He loves football,”

“He just loves the grind of being in the building and trying to put certain plays together. He can’t get enough of it.”

“He’s going to be the first one that’s going to take blame.  He puts a lot of weight on his shoulders. That’s what you want in a head coach and a play-caller. He’s going to put everything on himself.”

“He’s straightforward. He’s going to let me know when I screw up.  If he thinks he screwed up, he’s going to be the first one to let me know, ‘Hey, I put you in a bad position there.’ It’s funny, I feel like most of the time he tells me he did me wrong, I could have made the right decision.”

“He did everything in his power to make things as comfortable for us as an offense and for me as a quarterback. I can’t thank him enough for even sitting down and listening to me, the 22-year-old that I am and all the experience he has an offensive coordinator in this league to really want to listen to what I have to say, he’s a great guy.”

---Sam Darnold, December 2019

SAR I

https://nypost.com/2019/12/26/jets-adam-gase-has-indispensable-ally-in-his-corner/

On 2/1/2020 at 3:55 PM, Adoni Beast said:

Any of them could have easily jumped on the Hate Gase train and didn’t. Or they could have just said nothing if they didn’t want to start trouble.

But they all praised him. So, let’s see what happens with a better roster.

They’re smart enough not to say anything critical out loud. No reason to 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

“He’s going to be the first one that’s going to take blame.  He puts a lot of weight on his shoulders. That’s what you want in a head coach and a play-caller. He’s going to put everything on himself.”

We absolutely have witnessed this not to be true this season. 

On 2/1/2020 at 8:01 PM, Mogglez said:

As fun as that year ultimately was, it was a season that included massive breaks in our favor and running into two perennial choke artists

Versions of this can be said about any team, any winning season , any championship. So tired of this refrain 

39 minutes ago, Xtina said:

Instructions for manipulating and cherry picking statistics 

If you believe that every year for the rest of the Sam Darnold era we are going to have 4 out of 5 offensive linemen playing out of position, a QB stricken with mono for a month, his backup knocked out for the season, WR1 out for the year, TE1 and TE2 out for the year, and 18 other assorted injuries on defense filling up the IR, by all means, look at all 16 games as your barometer for the future.

The smart money says that the unprecedented illness and injury won't happen again and the Jets are far closer to the 6-2 team they showed the second half of the season.

It's not cherry picking.  It's being smart, silly girl.

SAR I

7 hours ago, Xtina said:

They’re smart enough not to say anything critical out loud. No reason to 

Smart enough? Why because players never call out other coaches past/present? The players who did blast Gase have been just fine. No one has been Kaepernick’d because they said Adam Gase sucks.

If they wanted to play it safe they could have gave no comment or some vague generalization...not an endorsement. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, SAR I said:

“I can’t say enough good things about him,  He loves coaching and he loves being around the guys. He loves football,”

“He just loves the grind of being in the building and trying to put certain plays together. He can’t get enough of it.”

“He’s straightforward. He’s going to let me know when I screw up.  If he thinks he screwed up, he’s going to be the first one to let me know, ‘Hey, I put you in a bad position there.’ It’s funny, I feel like most of the time he tells me he did me wrong, I could have made the right decision.”

“He did everything in his power to make things as comfortable for us as an offense and for me as a quarterback. I can’t thank him enough for even sitting down and listening to me, the 22-year-old that I am and all the experience he has an offensive coordinator in this league to really want to listen to what I have to say, he’s a great guy.”

---Sam Darnold, December 2019

SAR I

https://nypost.com/2019/12/26/jets-adam-gase-has-indispensable-ally-in-his-corner/

That is being said by an employee.  Do you thing a starting NFL QB is going to come out and rag a HC in the NY media ???

Something else to keep in mind for those who lack experience.

Working hard... VERY hard at a given job or task and ENJOYING that task or job does not automatically translate into doing that job or task well...

I'm not judging Gase by his effort or his personal virtues which seem to be quite good.  It is his results that are badly wanting...

13 hours ago, SAR I said:

Provide evidence.  Sam says otherwise.  That was in late December.

SAR I

Sam's public opinion is the least objective to bring up.  He's a California boogie boarder.  He's not going to say a negative thing about anyone.  Especially not before he's received his first NFL payday.  

Not to mention, Gase has been known to be liked by all of his QB's and despised by a lot of non-QBs.  As an OC/HC he's gotten the reputation of being a glorified QB Coach who alienates the rest of the roster.  

Not saying he doesn't have his supporters, but Sam's quotes on Gase mean next to nothing to me when evaluating whether players like him or not.  

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sam's public opinion is the least objective to bring up.  He's a California boogie boarder.  He's not going to say a negative thing about anyone.  Especially not before he's received his first NFL payday.  

Not to mention, Gase has been known to be liked by all of his QB's and despised by a lot of non-QBs.  As an OC/HC he's gotten the reputation of being a glorified QB Coach who alienates the rest of the roster.  

Not saying he doesn't have his supporters, but Sam's quotes on Gase mean next to nothing to me when evaluating whether players like him or not.  

OK Pelosi. 

SAR I