Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mafia - Game Thread

1 minute ago, A.J. said:

Your role shouldn’t have been in danger, as you put it yourself. With the exception of N1 maybe.

I agree with this, if I were scum I'd want to keep him alive to get lynched, especially after multiple players had focused in on him last night. But then again I thought the same thing with CTM.

Just now, A.J. said:

Yeah. Sorry bro but I don’t buy. Not coupled with the other things that have been put against you 

You're seriously not even gonna wait until morning? After you called people out for doing the same thing to Smash without hearing from others?

Wow, that's awful.

1 minute ago, A.J. said:

CTM had good support from some vocal players. You were clearly getting railroaded today so I don’t consider the circumstances the same.

Fair point, I didn't see much support for Spoot. And the more I think about if Spoot was lynched today and turned out to be scum, that would be 2 straight scum lynches led by CTM. He would have been off the hot seat at that point most likely, so it would have made sense for scum to get him out of the way earlier.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

You're seriously not even gonna wait until morning? After you called people out for doing the same thing to Smash without hearing from others?

Wow, that's awful.

This is more about him than you.

He was viewing the thread so I wanted to see what he’d do if I put him on the spot. Looks like he’s gone

Maybe don’t take everything so literal, BeaverBot.

I’d be genuinely surprised if anyone put you to L-1 right now

1 minute ago, A.J. said:

This is more about him than you.

He was viewing the thread so I wanted to see what he’d do if I put him on the spot. Looks like he’s gone

Maybe don’t take everything so literal, BeaverBot.

I’d be genuinely surprised if anyone put you to L-1 right now

lol

GFY

Giving me a heart attack over here

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

When I flip Town Doc, take a hard look at AJ for not wanting to play this out.

I mean we both know regardless of the truth that a PR claim is the only thing that could possibly save you today so forgive my skepticism

3 minutes ago, A.J. said:

But we can continue discussing things. I disagree with your read on JC & JVOR. You were wrong about CTM

Three strikes, you’re out? What else do you have because without the claim I’m always lynching you over JC and JVOR

7 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

I know I'm high on the list for the lynch today, but all the evidence is circumstantial and based off of people building their own narratives. I've explained my reasons for wanting to holster AND for my vote to lynch CTM on Day 1, but people want to ignore it and just apply their own spin to it.

My best reads:

JC: Needs to die. Has been absolutely useless this game. It's just appalling what he's allowed to get away with. IMO, people who don't participate like him should be lynched ON POLICY, to avoid letting Scum hide. He's absent for long periods, then comes on just to OMGUS everyone who throws shade his way.

JVOR: Seems to one of the ones leading a false crusade against me. Is a strong candidate, IMO, for bussing Smash early on his first train.

AJ: Super-townie. Been awhile since I played with him, so I don't know his tendencies, but he sure had an easy time jumping into this game from subbing so late.

Gata: Been following this false crusade against me, but that's par for the course for her. Dumb Town, methinks.

Stark: Eh. Probably Town.

Jvill: The best of the newbs. By far. Either remembers A LOT from playing however long ago it was (10 years maybe? please correct me if I'm wrong) or has been getting some mighty good coaching

The rest of the noobs: No idea. It's really hard to keep track of them all at this point. I keep having to go back and look at the list to see their names. I really don't have any expectations for them.

^^These are the best reads I have currently.

Like I've said before, I struggle with these high capacity games.

On 2/6/2020 at 5:09 PM, Smashmouth said:

@Spoot-Face yeah I think I assumed verb had one shot when he said "this Bullet" also the fact he hinted at protection . I think if he had multiple shots he would have pushed harder on Doc protection angle and he didn't. This stuck in my head and I went with it. I also read his back and forth with Gata and I think the Doc should probably go back and read all this stuff before making a decision on how to proceed regardless of the current argument.

I firmly believe Verbal is telling the truth in his reveal because if hes lying hes opening himself up to get shot by a possible real Vig and if hes scum revealing Vig would have been a terribly stupid play and verbal is not terribly stupid. If you are scum and put yourself in harms way you do it to take out a power role not just to save your ass from being lynched

On 2/6/2020 at 5:12 PM, Smashmouth said:

If verb was scum he would have claimed Doc or Cop not friggin Vig 

Also this to keep in mind from the dearly departed Smash. Could this be an attempt to get the real doc to reveal on Spoot’s way out?

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Also this to keep in mind from the dearly departed Smash. Could this be an attempt to get the real doc to reveal on Spoot’s way out?

Entirely possible. That’s what I mean when I say this PR claim would come as either alignment. Either he’s the Doc, or he’s scum that knows claiming anything but a PR will result in him getting lynched.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, GATA said:

@A.J. I’m answering you too because I disagree 

N1 there was a huge back and forth about shooting and not shooting .

for which we had ppl vote holster because it would hit PRs

i was in verbs short list of shots.

& ape so brilliantly ask to get shot because he was town confirmed 

now I’d rather he stay alive because he is someone to trust and I get shot since as a VT with not confirmed town has less to lose. I claimed back then... what am I going to refrain from saying something I already stated.

That’s like when someone asked why I voted spoot straight after N1 because I thought he was scum and I wanted him to get shot back then. My mentality didn’t change the fact I saw his play anti town 

Ok so I've done this whole song and dance before so normally I'd just be like dude you're wrong and leave it at that but since there are newbies around perhaps what I am saying will sink in for some of them.

Ok, claiming. The first thing I think we need to ask ourselves is what is the point of it. What are you trying to accomplish when you claim? If your answer is "to save myself/to prevent a mislynch" then 9 times out of 10 that's the wrong answer. Obviously lynching town is not ideal but, and allow me some all caps here for emphasis, IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN MORE OFTEN THAN NOT. Town is the majority of the game and we don't know who's who the odds of ******* up and lynching town are in our favor and finding scum by chance is not. The game is designed to give us wiggle room with lynches and if it doesn't then it was badly balanced. So unless the next lynch is the end of the game or you have a power role (more on that in a second) you shouldn't be claiming just to prevent your lynch. 

So when should you claim? Well first of all if you're a VT (Vanilla Town ie no powers) then you should never claim. Ever. I can't think of a circumstance where you should do it but if it even exists it is very niche and specific and does not apply to almost any other game or situation. Ok so you're probably like uhhh that's dumb why don't I just claim and stop the town from lynching me so we can lynch scum? Well I'm glad you (didn't) ask that question. Your role as a VT is extremely valuable even though most people find it boring. You have the luxury of being able to be outspoken and/or go at who you think is scum hard without worrying about losing the town a role if scum shoot you or you're lynched. In addition you are cover for the people who actually have roles. If scum is busy shooting you or setting up your lynch they're not doing it to the cop or the doc. As soon as you claim though the jig is up. Especially on Day 1. Scum know you're not a threat (not like the threat of a hidden cop anyway) and will slink away and run up someone else and press for a claim until they've outed enough vanillas that they can figure out the power roles by process of elimination or until they've actually outed a power role. In most games it doesn't take many claims for this to occur.

Ok, you're thinking, fine, but I'm a Cop/Doc/Vig/whatever/etc/etc/etc not a vanilla. My role is important and should be saved! Well..........yes and no. Truth is if you're on the chopping block already you've basically ****ed up (or maybe it was out of your control but either way you're ****ed) and it's better to go down with your role than to blab it. First of all once you claim scum are going to know you're telling the truth and they have several options of dealing with you not the least of which is feigning disbelief and pushing your lynch anyways. Other methods include shooting you, leaving you alive to cause more suspicion, roleblocking you, and more. Secondly unless you're going to give Town something they are probably better off lynching you. What I mean by this is if you're on the chopping block it's because people don't trust you. You claiming to be something, even something really useful like a doc or a cop, should not change how people feel about you. If they didn't trust you before you claimed why would they trust you after you claimed? Now, some people do play this way. Those people are stupid and should be disregarded. They should not be trusting you. Smash is a PERFECT example for this lesson. He claimed to be a Role Cop and he was called out on it. There were reasons to leave him alive following a certain logic but the bottom line was we couldn't trust him and so even if he was legit a role cop anything he said would be suspect until he was dead anyway. So we lynched him for scum and despite him having a 1x lynch immune we were still right about him. In an alternate scenario he could just have been a mafia goon.

The last thing I want to say is about when you should probably claim. Because contrary to what some people have said or mischaracterized what I am trying to say I am NOT saying you should NEVER claim. Just that you should ALMOST NEVER claim. There are a few situations I think you can and should claim. The most common situation is as a cop. If you are a cop and you have at least 2 or 3 investigations under your belt I think it can be ok to claim if you're under pressure so you can deliver your results to the town. Another situation is if you're a Vig and you made a bad shot and killed a townie. Could even have been a power role or something. Sometimes it's better to come clean and beg towns forgiveness rather than stay in the shadows. If it sounds like this is a bit vague it's because it is. Every game is different and there are times where you can pull something off against the odds. Use your own judgment with the knowledge that I've pointed out earlier in this post. If you understand the purpose of your role and the state of the game the question of whether to claim or not should come to you pretty easily and I hope in the future most of you decide it's better to go down with your role rather than blab it to everyone including and especially scum.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

@Spoot-Face on night 2 why did you protect yourself and not Verbal? Smash had just claimed he was unlynchable and like you said you’ve been on the hot seat from Day 1. If Smash really was unlynchable, our only shot to take him out would have been the vig.

This question needs answered it’s very relevant. 

9 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

@32EBoozer still in the weeds. The less I say the less stupid I seem!?

I’m taking in all the BS verbal diarrhea and making a list. Maybe you’re on it and maybe you’re not. 

was doing the discount Valentines Day 1/2 off date with the wife today. Can’t stand VD! 

Ok you sneaky mofo.   I was questioning the other day if you were still in game or replaced.  

• Haha 1