Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mafia - Game Thread

26 minutes ago, GATA said:

When? Show me

Not sure how can I show you?

After reading WAYYYYYY too much back into the archives, it seems like around Monday you trailed off after a strong start. It was right after Verbals shot, and interestingly enough, it was also right when Ape was dogging you hard for acting scummy. It just seemed odd that after we lost 2 Townies you would trail off. 

17 minutes ago, Nolder said:

It's a weird skill to learn. At least in real life you can look someone in the eyes and try to read their body language to see if they are lying to you. Doing it over the internet is hard at first but there are tells you can look for. For example anger is one of them. Both sides get angry though so it can be tough to tell the difference. I definitely don't always get it right so if you go out on a limb and accuse someone and you're wrong don't take it too hard. Anyway good luck and cool to see new players.

YES SIR! The ones that get hot and argue look pretty shifty to me.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Nolder said:

I'm buying that you both took the most minute tiny little thing to throw shade as he put it. Your anger at being called out for it only serves to confirm that suspicion. Next time control yourself and laugh it off regardless of alignment.

Here I was thinking I’d finally discovered a “clue” and ran with it...  So to clarify, that was purposefully posted to get a reaction?

10 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Not sure how can I show you?

After reading WAYYYYYY too much back into the archives, it seems like around Monday you trailed off after a strong start. It was right after Verbals shot, and interestingly enough, it was also right when Ape was dogging you hard for acting scummy. It just seemed odd that after we lost 2 Townies you would trail off. 

At what point did I act scummy please show it where did you notice a trail off what difference did you see quote it 

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

WHAAAAT?

Why is JC allowed to get away with his lazy play? How are you not angry? I've been casing him all game for this sh*t, and I'm the scummy one for it?

Seriously, if people lynch me and let him get away with not participating... I just don't know what to say to that.

JC makes for a hell of a lightning rod. He’s never going to be top poster or explain a lot of his stances. But it sure can be interesting to see who reacts to him. Sometimes it can draw Town but it also can look like tempting LHF for scum.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Nolder said:

FYI it's the correct opinion.

@A.J. I’m answering you too because I disagree 

N1 there was a huge back and forth about shooting and not shooting .

for which we had ppl vote holster because it would hit PRs

i was in verbs short list of shots.

& ape so brilliantly ask to get shot because he was town confirmed 

now I’d rather he stay alive because he is someone to trust and I get shot since as a VT with not confirmed town has less to lose. I claimed back then... what am I going to refrain from saying something I already stated.

That’s like when someone asked why I voted spoot straight after N1 because I thought he was scum and I wanted him to get shot back then. My mentality didn’t change the fact I saw his play anti town 

3 minutes ago, GATA said:

@A.J. I’m answering you too because I disagree 

N1 there was a huge back and forth about shooting and not shooting .

for which we had ppl vote holster because it would hit PRs

i was in verbs short list of shots.

& ape so brilliantly ask to get shot because he was town confirmed 

now I’d rather he stay alive because he is someone to trust and I get shot since as a VT with not confirmed town has less to lose. I claimed back then... what am I going to refrain from saying something I already stated.

That’s like when someone asked why I voted spoot straight after N1 because I thought he was scum and I wanted him to get shot back then. My mentality didn’t change the fact I saw his play anti town 

I'll reply next time I'm on PC.

11 minutes ago, GATA said:

At what point did I act scummy please show it where did you notice a trail off what difference did you see quote it 

How can I quote you not posting though? I said around Monday after the shot. You were wanting info before then, then not so much. I noticed that and thought it was shady. Not sure what else to say. (well.... maybe use some punctuation!)

11 minutes ago, ID. said:

Here I was thinking I’d finally discovered a “clue” and ran with it...  So to clarify, that was purposefully posted to get a reaction?

I can't speak for what JC posted but I voted you primarily to get a reaction yes.

8 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

How can I quote you not posting though? I said around Monday after the shot. You were wanting info before then, then not so much. I noticed that and thought it was shady. Not sure what else to say.

After the shot we had CTM vs Smash; CTM vs Stark. I made my case for Spoot before that. Town during this phase was trying to be find out if smash was lying. Smash doesn’t get lynched we’re all debating why. 80 confirms adjustments were made I vote smash and before going into night phase ask everyone what are their thoughts. At this point. Only a few ppl were talking. I’ve Sussed JC for inactivity a couple of times as well. So I want to know what exactly was the difference did you want me to have a full on back and forth match with someone else ? When we have 1/2 the game inactive 

2 minutes ago, GATA said:

After the shot we had CTM vs Smash; CTM vs Stark. I made my case for Spoot before that. Town during this phase was trying to be find out if smash was lying. Smash doesn’t get lynched we’re all debating why. 80 confirms adjustments were made I vote smash and before going into night phase ask everyone what are their thoughts. At this point. Only a few ppl were talking. I’ve Sussed JC for inactivity a couple of times as well. So I want to know what exactly was the difference did you want me to have a full on back and forth match with someone else ? When we have 1/2 the game inactive 

What’s your take on stark again? 

2 minutes ago, GATA said:

No but it seemed weird that you were pretty active and then not so much from then after. 

And yeah alot were inactive, which sucked for me because I was looking for some clarity of the game at that point. 

34 minutes ago, ID. said:

I posted the obvious (Nolder in my town pile) without alluding to the mod-confirmed.  I really didn't expect Spoot's reaction but was interested in anyone who thought I was still suspect and who might spin it as suspect.  Slight reaction test to gauge who needed a reason to vote me.  Still think I've been pretty obviously town since the Smash flip.  

21 minutes ago, Nolder said:

I can't speak for what JC posted but I voted you primarily to get a reaction yes.

Nolder's post just brought attention to it.

1 hour ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Like I said, Im still figuring out how to play this damn thing and find the clues needed to find scum and identify Town traits. To top it off there is 20 people to figure out, which is kinda daunting at first. (well... still is) Dunno.

FWIW I think a lot of you guys are doing well. The only way to really learn is to play more. Each game is its own little world and they never play out the exact same way. Like Nolder said, identifying people you feel good about being Town can be an effective way to narrow down who might be scum. Find enough townies and don’t help to kill them and eventually the scum will get boxed out.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

What’s your take on stark again? 

So stark coming off of CTMs death looks bad but he’s one of the harder players to read because he’s always changing his style. The more note-able moments have been not voting smash and still pursuing CTM and being not as active as he usually is but again this goes into him changing his style. I can’t go back and re-read him at the moment but I’ll try tomorrow if I’m still alive 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, A.J. said:

FWIW I think a lot of you guys are doing well. The only way to really learn is to play more. Each game is its own little world and they never play out the exact same way. Like Nolder said, identifying people you feel good about being Town can be an effective way to narrow down who might be scum. Find enough townies and don’t help to kill them and eventually the scum will get boxed out.

Yeah thats my newest attack right now, since I sucked doing it the other way. LOL

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, A.J. said:

I also think if you play more games as scum you start seeing the strategic elements more and how hard it can be to fake it when you know who is not mafia. 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Yeah thats my newest attack right now, since I sucked doing it the other way. LOL

Not about sucking. We all have been playing together for a while and have the advantage of having picked up on each other’s tells. Kind of like a weekly poker game. 

that being said, it’s a game of limited information. Everyone is wrong about something, it’s about starting to know what things to look out for that comes with practice. New blood is welcome for sure though and as long as you are trying we’ll all give out pointers. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

I also think if you play more games as scum you start seeing the strategic elements more and how hard it can be to fake it when you know who is not mafia. 

True. Playing scum is hard enough but especially when you get a good, united and vocal town.

12 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

If everyone stopped lying and just told the truth this game would be much easier. LOL

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3