Combine News, Notes & Updates

Lith

Just now, MS jets Fan said:

I'm sure there's more upside to him than down.

Like I said watch the tape. Watch his arms and how he doesn't continue  the block. I watched a lot of tape and he doesn't look like an OT that you can plug in next year.  I understand you love that he will run fast and this combine will boost his stock like what other player we already know. Oh yeah, we took him with our number 1 pick last year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

9 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Like I said watch the tape. Watch his arms and how he doesn't continue  the block. I watched a lot of tape and he doesn't look like an OT that you can plug in next year.  I understand you love that he will run fast and this combine will boost his stock like what other player we already know. Oh yeah, we took him with our number 1 pick last year. 

I saw the same thing when I watched his tape... not that I would be upset if the Jets took Becton @ 11 but I lean much more towards Thomas & Wirfs @ 11 for LT. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, jetsons said:

I saw the same thing when I watched his tape... not that I would be upset if the Jets took Becton @ 11 but I lean much more towards Thomas & Wirfs @ 11 for LT. 

I watched Wirfs play in the Big Ten where the defense was the best this year and he was a stud and Thomas has the best hands and foot work of any Left Tackle in this draft. Josh Jones is not that far from Thomas with his balance and hands but also wonderful foot work.   Becton doesn't finish his block and I don't know why in God does a big guy like this tries to fall on the ground to block a defensive player. He did this so many time I got annoyed watching it.    

• Upvote 2

On 2/27/2020 at 1:47 PM, Warfish said:

So you expect to compete to win a Super Bowl on a team built around a highest-paid in-NFL f'ing Box Safety?

It's fine, many of my fellow Jets fans have simply accepted sucking on offense, and refuse to demand or hope for better.

One of the worst offenses in the NFL for 30 years and counting.  Try to fix it?  NO WAY!  We have to keep our super duper Box safety!

lol.

never said that. just think expecting 5 starters from one draft including a bonafide #1 and #2 wr and 3 legit starting o-linemen is unrealistic

• Upvote 2

I fear becton will fall into that category where he is an alright player who a fanbase hates because their team overdrafted him. There will be better options when we pick assuming there is no trade down...we should not overthink this and fool ourselves trying to get cute and hit a grandslam.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

57 minutes ago, King P said:

I highly doubt Chase gets past Detroit at 3 if that's the case 

You are right.  I have been reading all the projections of Detroit trading out of 3 for a team moving up for a QB.  Didn't think it through -- Detroit would likely stay at 3 and take Young.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, RobR said:

I've watched all of his tape, even his interviews. He's gonna be a stud in the NFL.

On this we agree, buddy. When he matures, if he decides to take his craft seriously and gets a good nutritionist etc, I could see him as a 345-55lb MONSTER at LT with his shocking speed/athleticism.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Centers Hennessey and Harris both looked pretty solid to me in the drills

Their balance and their bending was excellent. But this was no surprise from both of them. The question with Harris was he strong enough with a bull rush from a nose tackle. I say he will gain strength once he ages and goes to the NFL.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Centers Hennessey and Harris both looked pretty solid to me in the drills

I just came on to post the same thing. I really wish Harris was 3" taller because he's going to struggle against the big guys in the NFL.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, RobR said:

Trey Adams looking like an udfa. Brutal combine for him.

Seriously! Wtf - he looks awful

like an out-of-work garbage man out on disability. He was my #1 mid round guy simply based on 2018 mock drafts with him as a top 5 overall pick until I saw him limping around just walking to the drills

he looks like diabetes

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

I fear becton will fall into that category where he is an alright player who a fanbase hates because their team overdrafted him. There will be better options when we pick assuming there is no trade down...we should not overthink this and fool ourselves trying to get cute and hit a grandslam.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

IMO, worst case scenario for Becton is he is a borderline Pro Bowl RT right now. Seriously. 

• Haha 1