Combine News, Notes & Updates

Lith

Now we take everything here at the Combine and put it all together with the regular season, Bowl Games, All Star Games and we just have one more phase which is the pro day, but for players who didn't perform well here and ones not invited. Put that all together and you get their rankings. But we all know now Wirfs is the number 1 lineman in this draft.  

1 minute ago, David Harris said:

Don’t infect the thread 

Sorry, I appreciate the last thing this place probably needs is another mention of a mooted trade for 33.

But damn it, its hard not to get excited about the linemen coming out in this year's draft. We could potentially fix our o-line for the next decade if we get this right. And for once, we actually have a GM that understands the value of an offensive line. 

Ok, I'll retreat back to watching K'lavon Chaisson videos and mentally prepare myself to be disappointed. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

But Wirfs is going to be a RT, correct? 

Kind of a raw deal for him, but the only reason he was a RT at Iowa is Alaric Jackson(high RD pick next year) was really bad at RT, Wirfs was equally effective at both.  I think Wirfs easily could play at LT eventually, but RT will be where he starts his career most likely.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I read earlier this year that he was a “different dude,” for whatever that’s worth. 

I'm not sure where you're going with this, but aside from being the first 4 year starting QB at Oregon,he's twice been named Academic All American, and in 2019 won the "Academic Heisman" as the top scholar athlete in the country. His list of academic achievements rival his athletic.

Graduated with a 4.01 in General Science with heavy emphasis on Biology. Also pre-med. Herbert wants to follow his brother's footsteps and become a surgeon.

That's why he was described as a "different dude."

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I'm not sure where you're going with this, but aside from being the first 4 year starting QB at Oregon, and an All-American, he's twice been named Academic All American, and in 2019 won the "Academic Heisman" as the top scholar athlete in the country. His list of academic achievements rival his athletic.

Graduated with a 4.01 in General Science with heavy emphasis on Biology. Also pre-med. Herbert wants to follow his brother's footsteps and become a surgeon.

When was he an All-american?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I'm not sure where you're going with this, but aside from being the first 4 year starting QB at Oregon, and an All-American, he's twice been named Academic All American, and in 2019 won the "Academic Heisman" as the top scholar athlete in the country. His list of academic achievements rival his athletic.

It’s normally used to imply that a guy isn’t 100% committed to football and/or has a quirky personality that doesn’t fit the alpha stereotype teams look for in a QB. Kudos to him for being pre-med, though. 

• Upvote 1

Looking forward to this RB group because there is a bunch of them that I like. Curious to what Helaire runs.....I'm guessing 4.6. 

We need more draft picks because this is one of, if not the best offensive draft I can ever remember. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

It’s normally used to imply that a guy isn’t 100% committed to football and/or has a quirky personality that doesn’t fit the alpha stereotype teams look for in a QB. Kudos to him for being pre-med, though. 

Or it could be because he's not a good QB but looks great in drills and shorts. After watching a bunch of his games I was never impressed with his skills as a QB. One read check down Charlie. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Could all Big 4 OLs be off the board at #11? 

You have 3 QBs and Young gone, probably CB Okudah, probably LB Simmons, probably DT Brown - that's 7, guaranteeing one of the 4 OL to us, throw in a WR probably and we should be good 

If mccganan was still drafting then brown and simmons would be a given but other teams may let them slide.

If my team had any need at all I'd take and ot or olineman head of a DT every single time.

23 minutes ago, RobR said:

Looking forward to this RB group because there is a bunch of them that I like. Curious to what Helaire runs.....I'm guessing 4.6. 

We need more draft picks because this is one of, if not the best offensive draft I can ever remember. 

You pretty well nailed helaires time.

These guys are worth a look because imo we do for sure need to draft a RB no matter what happens with Bell.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, RobR said:

Or it could be because he's not a good QB but looks great in drills and shorts. After watching a bunch of his games I was never impressed with his skills as a QB. One read check down Charlie. 

If you were looking for a QB, would you take Tua over him? 

No horse in this race, just curious about your opinion....